'03 Lincoln LS interior squeak

03LinLS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have done a lot of searches on this but I don't think I found an answer. I have an interior squeak that I cannot locate. Sometimes I think it sounds like it is coming from the back seat. It almost sounds like change rattling together...but I don't have any change in the back or front that would rattle. Anyway, if anyone has some ideas or if you had a similar squeak and found its source, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks so much!

I have done a lot of searches on this but I don't think I found an answer. I have an interior squeak that I cannot locate. Sometimes I think it sounds like it is coming from the back seat. It almost sounds like change rattling together...but I don't have any change in the back or front that would rattle. Anyway, if anyone has some ideas or if you had a similar squeak and found its source, I'd love to hear it.

Thanks so much!

What's in your console? Sound travels oddly in the LS. I've sworn a noise was coming from the back/front/passenger side when it was a couple of pens knocking against each other in the console.

Thanks! I do have a few pens in there as well as a drum key. I will take everything out to see if that makes a difference, but I had taken out a lot receipts and it is still doing it at the same volume, so to speak. But I will empty it just to be sure.

If you have a moon roof, reach up and push on the glass and see if that stops the rattle (while you apply pressure to the glass).

Thanks for the response. If it is the moon roof, what is the fix?

Thank you.

Something similar was happening in my car. My back bumper likes to come slightly undone right where it comes to a point above the rear wheels. Yes, improbable that I would hear that inside the cabin, but when I had it re-clipped the noise went away. It has since separated again, and I hear the same squeak.

I think it is the backseat. It was squeaking and then I had someone sit back there while I drove and it stopped. That is as far as I got.

I think it is the backseat. It was squeaking and then I had someone sit back there while I drove and it stopped. That is as far as I got.

Is the arm rest up or down? Could it be the seat belt buckles knocking on each other?

Just start banging and pushing on stuff. Door panels, seats, headliner, pillars. I had a really annoying sound (not really a squeak) that would happen when I turned or stopped. Ended up going away when I lubricated the rear door hinges and latch.

I have a few pieces of foam in my B pillar covers and passenger doors as well to stop other noises. HATE squeaks and rattles.

It's a problem that hasn't been a priority for me.

bef598977440a445c14568ba0276369a2d48d708d0ddf90134c88897d089ad9e.jpg

bef598977440a445c14568ba0276369a2d48d708d0ddf90134c88897d089ad9e.jpg

It's probably coins in between seat cushion and seat platform. Just lift up rear seat bottoms and clean up.

Members online

No members online now.
Back