New owner of the Lincoln LSx..........

I think he may have been talking about the depreciation rate of the LS compared to the Civic.

I wear Fossil since we are talking watches also.

This thread was need to liven up the forum!!!

especially when my daily driver Honda Civic has a higher blue book value with more miles LOLOLOLOL.

Your 10 year old Civic is worth more than my 10 year old Lincoln huh? :rolleyes:

I imagine most Lincoln owners wouldn't be caught dead in a Civic. The best Civic in the entire world wouldn't get a 2nd look from me. It's a Civic. LOLOLOL. (amidoinitright?)

Yup. Badass cars. They should have used the 4.0 jag motor though....

Jk. LSa would have been my engine choice for the sts-v for sure.

We both know northstars have their fair share if issues one if them being headgaskets. But I don't know much about the newer ones.

I lied I do have a pocket watch. It was passed down from my grandfather from his grandfather.

I really wear a Tag lol. But as far as cars, I have the civic and the ls. We put well over 100 miles a day on the civic, usually averaging 35mpg. We also have a hooptie Mazda that rarely gets driven.

I'm not knocking the Lincoln at all....I'm just glad I didn't buy it new or close to it. Depreciation is a mother fuc ker.

Your 10 year old Civic is worth more than my 10 year old Lincoln huh? :rolleyes:

I imagine most Lincoln owners wouldn't be caught dead in a Civic. The best Civic in the entire world wouldn't get a 2nd look from me. It's a Civic. LOLOLOL. (amidoinitright?)

It's not about status, its about gas mileage, low maintenance, and still a comfortable to drive car. Most of my 2nd cars you wouldn't want to drive every day. 2 :q:q:q:qty gas mileage cars doesn't make sense to me either.

It's not about status, its about gas mileage, low maintenance, and still a comfortable to drive car.

It's all about status. Status refers to quality. It's up to the individual to judge what is and isn't quality, and the amount of quality they can afford.

It's not about status, its about gas mileage, low maintenance, and still a comfortable to drive car. Most of my 2nd cars you wouldn't want to drive every day. 2 :q:q:q:qty gas mileage cars doesn't make sense to me either.

Gas mileage isn't big enough of a factor for me to drive a bland car.

I'd rather spend the extra grand a year and cruise in style. If I were to ever consider getting a car to save in gas it wouldunt be a civic. There are ways to cruise in style and still get 30 mpg like an Audi A4.

And I have hit close to 30mpg on a two hour road trip in my LS.

At the end of the day, people (read: broads) will see a luxury sedan (LS), versus a cheap chit rice box (Civic). Little do they know how cheap an LS can be had for..

I'd rather spend the extra grand a year and cruise in style. If I were to ever consider getting a car to save in gas it wouldunt be a civic. There are ways to cruise in style and still get 30 mpg like an Audi A4.

Have fun with maintenance. I do a synthetic oil change every 10k miles and that's it. The civic hasn't needed 1 additional item.....except a wheel bearing under warranty... It's a commuter car for me, my old lady and daughter. Safe, reliable, affordable...

At the end of the day, people (read: broads) will see a luxury sedan (LS), versus a cheap chit rice box (Civic). Little do they know how cheap an LS can be had for..

Life is about so much more than what you drive. We are lucky enough to have the ls to cruise around in, the civic to mile out, and the Mazda to not give a fuk about. The only car we owe money on is the civic and its only a few grand. We prefer to spend our money on daycare, food, house, tv's, new carpet, furniture, appliances, etc. Cars pretty much come last nowadays.

+1. Also, people get carried away with gas mileage so much, they tend to forget about their safety - which is more important than anything.

40 mile an hour impact in one of those econoboxes and that's it. LS can take some hits and you will walk out of it....

Why couldn't this thread be just about the Lincoln LSX... I didn't know it was a thread discussing engine swaps, watches, depreciation of vehicles and other things I probably managed to luckily miss in this nonsense.

This LS just keeps geting closer and closer to me. Springfield, Mo, Waybesville, Mo, Troy, Mo. At this rate, it could be in my garage by next year.:lol:

Congrats on the purchase.:) I live about an hour from you, Maybe we could meet up next spring. Small local LS get together?.... I am currently organizing a "national" LS meet in St Louis Juine 15th thur the 17th. It would be great to see you and there.

I like the LS1 swap. Makes you wonder what FoMoCo was thinking, when they let Jaguar design the LS. They should have let Jag design the LS exterior and interior. Then let FoMoCo engineers design the powertrain. Chit happens. FoMoCo missed the bus. Cadillac designed the CTS-V. Lincoln could have and should have beat GM to the punch. Oh well.:rolleyes:

This LS just keeps geting closer and closer to me. Springfield, Mo, Waybesville, Mo, Troy, Mo. At this rate, it could be in my garage by next year.:lol:

Congrats on the purchase.:) I live about an hour from you, Maybe we could meet up next spring. Small local LS get together?.... I am currently organizing a "national" LS meet in St Louis Juine 15th thur the 17th. It would be great to see you and there.

It could be yours for the right price LOL. Everything I have is always for sale...

I'll definitely try to make it out. I live it Troy, and work in almost in downtown STL, definitely not affraid to put some miles on the car. It's 46 miles one way to work.

It could be yours for the right price LOL. Everything I have is always for sale...

I'll definitely try to make it out. I live it Troy, and work in almost in downtown STL, definitely not affraid to put some miles on the car. It's 46 miles one way to work.

Not ready to purchase the whole car. Maybe a deal for the wheels.;)

And what would the right price be?.....

Members online

Back