LS will Not Start....... Newbie Question.....

RollinLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
My LS will not start. I put the key in. NOTHING!!!!!!!! I can't figure it out. This is the last straw. Looks like I will have to sell my beloved LS. I can't take it anymore.:runaway:

Some detail please.
Do any of the dash lights come on? Do the interior lights come on when you open the door?
What is the PATS light doing? If it's flashing rapidly, then just leave the key on and wait for it to stop the rapid flash and go to flashing out a two digit code. Post that code. It may not be as bad as you think.

Not even a click like a dead battery? It's frustrating for me too I'm pretty sure if mine sits for more than a day it will not start the following day. Where to even start

Are your wheels for sale?

The interior lights come on. A "dinging" noise. The memory settings to the seat and isterring wheel adjust. But nothing else happens.:confused:

The interior lights come on. A "dinging" noise. The memory settings to the seat and isterring wheel adjust. But nothing else happens.:confused:

I would check the connections to the starter. Maybe spray some brake parts cleaners on the connections and just take them off and put them back on. My starter did that to me at the movies once. Pulled the starter off to replace and manually jumped it to see if it would engage and it did so I put it back on and all was well. Still rockin that same starter 9 months later. Starter is easy to get to so you can check it.

Just a thought and I'm not trying to insult your intelligence, but did you try turning the key clockwise? Sometimes that frees the stuck tumblers.

Selling the grille?

You guys think he really would sell his Ls?? I think thats crazy talk....well I hope you got a lot of work in that car , just sayin.

now I've seen everything....an LVC vet who's dumbfounded about his car..

Rollin's fukin with us

Sounds like a PATS issue to me. Try another key, bro.

RollinLS, Does your check engine light come on as it should when you turn the key to run?

I would say PATS, Starter or cluster. These are the only things that have produced those symptoms on my LS.

131089557959.jpg

lol either way it's fun LS trivia...

Just a thought and I'm not trying to insult your intelligence, but did you try turning the key clockwise? Sometimes that frees the stuck tumblers.

Selling the grille?

CHIT!!!!!!!!!!!! I will have to try that.:Bang

HOLY CHIT!!!!!!!!! It worked.:Beer

This topic was brought to you in accordance of LVCs long standing tradition of "stupid" questions and "obvious" answers. Where would we be without "newbies"? Thou many get all butt hurt over our "hazing". Its all in good fun.:N

BTW Are some of you insane? Do you really think I would sell my LS? Shame on you guys. I have one thing to say about that.

ren-and-stimpy-idiot.jpg

I have couple questions about my LS.

1) I have hot air blowing out of one side and not the other...what's that?

2) Is there an engine swap that'll just bolt in?

3) Can I put a Mustang 5 spd manual in place of the automatic?

4) I seem to have a misfire here lately...what do I do now?

5) I don't have cruise control, radio control or anything from the steering wheel...where should I look?

6) Why is the air bag light on? The light blinks a series of codes.

:facesjump :p

I have couple questions about my LS.

1) I have hot air blowing out of one side and not the other...what's that?

2) Is there an engine swap that'll just bolt in?

3) Can I put a Mustang 5 spd manual in place of the automatic?

4) I seem to have a misfire here lately...what do I do now?

5) I don't have cruise control, radio control or anything from the steering wheel...where should I look?

6) Why is the air bag light on? The light blinks a series of codes.

:facesjump :p

You for got. "Will wheels from (fill in blank) fit my Ls?":rolleyes:

In response to you selling your LS...

Joe Dirt - I'm New

I didn't think so by the look of it, and what you know and have posted. I can't even post a youtube video on here the right way. :runaway:

the first problem i ever had with my LS was the neutral saftey swtich went out and to start the car i had to switch it from park to reverse really fast a bunch of times, then my motor blew shorty after and i got a new trans/motor

I have a check transmission code popping up right now. 4th and 5th gear sucks and I'm getting 13mpg. Not fun and I don't have the funds to get it fixed right now.

Its a love/hate relationship...right now I hate it

i have the same problem as RollinLS. I only posess 1 key. changed starter and battery. no lights flash for pats. Seats and lights come on. But it still won't start.:confused:

Members online

No members online now.
Back