Re Done Tail Lights - Pics

Travis2000LS

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Pics of the tail lights.

If you have read up on my last forum I had some complications the first 2 times I did them

Well This is the 3rd and last time. I am finally happy with the result.

About 2 - 3 coats of VHT Nite Shade along with about 3 or 4 coats of Clear.

Turned out pretty Decent. Still see some flaws if you look really close and you are anal about them BUT In my opinion I am pretty happy with the finished product and for a cheap tail light job it made me happy.

Tell me what yall think!

IMG_20110819_144913.jpg

IMG_20110819_144906.jpg

IMG_20110819_144858.jpg

IMG_20110819_144851.jpg

IMG_20110819_144806.jpg

IMG_20110819_144757.jpg

IMG_20110819_144751.jpg

very nice.... been wanting to do mine only lighter. thanks for the right up on other post. hopfuly you wont have any probs with the law. doesnt look like you will

looks super dark but id I remember right, you said the pics make it look much darker, also do they look kind of purply in real life or is that just the pictures

looks super dark but id I remember right, you said the pics make it look much darker, also do they look kind of purply in real life or is that just the pictures

Just the pictures. In the day time. They are dark and when the sun hits em its pretty cool because you can see the hints of red pop out at different angles so looks pretty wicked.

But mainly they are pretty dark black. Not purple. Must of been the camera on my phone

I don't like dark tinted tails or tinted tails on a white car. Other from that, good job!

Looks awesome !!! Seen your last post, glad everything worked out for ya !

I think they came out great. The lid mounted piece on the right seems just a lil darker but it could just be the pics.
Any reason why you chose the Nightshade over film tint?

I think they came out great. The lid mounted piece on the right seems just a lil darker but it could just be the pics.
Any reason why you chose the Nightshade over film tint?

i hate doing film number one and I am a cheapass so I figured Id save some $ by doing it myself.

And ontop of that the Tails arnt really worth going to pay to get them Film tinted because if you look close there are stress cracks, and where the previous owner put bulbs in wrong and melted the inner peices and whatnot. When I have some money ill buy a new set and get them filmed but for now. they work :)

i do, it gives it that storm trooper look!

Lol storm trooper look xD I like that.

I think ima use that for now on!

Call my car the storm trooper or something lol. Get some decals made and whatnot lol :pP Thanks LoudLS

i hate doing film number one and I am a cheapass so I figured Id save some $ by doing it myself.

And ontop of that the Tails arnt really worth going to pay to get them Film tinted because if you look close there are stress cracks, and where the previous owner put bulbs in wrong and melted the inner peices and whatnot. When I have some money ill buy a new set and get them filmed but for now. they work :)

I kinda thought a film tint would cover scratches but maybe the spray would too. Either way, you definitely put some work in!

I kinda thought a film tint would cover scratches but maybe the spray would too. Either way, you definitely put some work in!

Sure did and thank you. Took me 3 times to find a technique that works good and looks good. Like i said not perfect BUT I like em :)

And YES it DOES Cover them BUT When they are cracks. you still have to think The cracks are in the inside . And you can still see them through the paint if you look close enough. But Nobody is going to be 1 foot away staring at my tails and if they dont like em. Eh screw you its my car I like em? Lol

They look good. Film would've been a pain on gen 1 lights since they aren't smooth.

Looks good.

+1 on LEDs, 1 because it will save your tails from melting any or more, 2 to give you more brightness now that your tails are real dark. It's not hard at all to put LED brake bulbs. I dont know if any gen1 guys have done it and if it's different than doing it on gen2s, but I did a little write up with and an ms paint picture for gen2's to get them to function correctly, check it out.

Members online

No members online now.
Back