someone sent me a C.E shift knob i need help!

BAD97LSC

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
whoever you are, speak up, i cannot find our discussion or who you are, i need to send it back to you. you bought it off someone here, they shipped it to me, now i want to ship it to you. hope you see this!

whoever you are, speak up, i cannot find our discussion or who you are, i need to send it back to you. you bought it off someone here, they shipped it to me, now i want to ship it to you. hope you see this!
I wish it was me but its not:(

Damn it Jamie... You get yourself in such binds for being nice man! Why do I get the feeling someone else is going to talk crap about how you tried to keep their shift knob!!! I hope they read this thread!!!!!!!

no they sent it to me to be restored but its beyond repair its all cracked we cant do anything with it i just want the owner to get it back.

jamie, I just went back and did some research and I believe it was "lvc hunter" who bought it and had it sent to you.

Yeah Jamie it was me. Wow you really are a busy guy to forget all the emails we sent back and forth about it. No issues though I told you to take your time and not worry about it. Let me know if you lost my address and I will email it to you. :D

lsc hunter now i remember the hunter part, i could have found it, but it was late and i was tired and all i cared about was bed time! yes email me your address to jamies98lsc@aol.com sorry i cant do anything with it but you'll see why when you get it, if it was scratched or had a few nicks in it thats one thing but its totally spilt across the top and spider cracked and they are deep there is nothing i can do.

that defeats the whole wood factor though!! i have a million stock black knobs, he wanted me to restore it like the 2 that i did and sold, but i can fix the grand canyon!!!!

taurus, and sable, but they dont have a o\d button so you would have to wire it to something else like the t\c button.

The normal, more common, but still pretty rare, Sable shift knob, with no O/D button...

IMG_1677.jpg

The much more rare, early 99 model year Sable shift knob, WITH the O/D button....

IMG_1678.jpg

The one that looks like crap had been in the elements for quite some time, and possibly had some kind of chemical spilled on it. I think the "wood-grain" is actually hydrographics. It was all bubbled up in that spot, so I tried to sand it and it just came right the F off. Oh well, I didn't make it any worse than it was. I'll probably sand it all smooth and paint it or something...

IMG_1679.jpg

IMG_1680.jpg

that defeats the whole wood factor though!! i have a million stock black knobs, he wanted me to restore it like the 2 that i did and sold, but i can fix the grand canyon!!!!

You can't jam some wood putty in the cracks or something, and then clear over it?

sure but it will never look good again, i'm not gonna rig the thing up. the wood filler will show like sore thumb the thing is trashed. it isnt worth anything more than a paper weight.

I have one of his (Alexander's) knobs from eBay. Its Beautiful. Not a perfect
match to the OEM wood look, but I'm very happy with it and it is real wood.,,,,

Members online

Back