electrical system

topher5150

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Took it to advanced auto had them hook the meter there. They said the battery has 450 cold cranking amps 12.3 volts, but the alternator has is putting out 13.9, and a little less at idel, and with the car off, nothing on nothing plugged in, it has a 6 or 7 amp draw. Could this be my alternator or something more sinister?

450CCA battery in a Mark VIII.............. :shifty:

think stock was 650CCA, i got a motorcraft 850CCA on mine.........

They are idiots. They tested CCA on a car that was warm and not sitting in sub 40* weather? Do they or you know what CCA is?

If your battery is only 450 CA then its weak for that car, that must be one tiny battery.

6-7 amp drain at rest is way way too much. Something is on and at the amprage its prolly the factory amp stuck on. That was the drain I had (5.5 amps) when my JBL amp was stuck on.

Also, you sure the dome lights were not on and the air comp wasnt venting or filling the system. Takes juice to open the vents.

450CCA battery in a Mark VIII.............. :shifty:

think stock was 650CCA, i got a motorcraft 850CCA on mine.........

850/1000 in mine too. 450 is way too low for a Mark, especially if it has the air ride. 450 is for a stripped Honda with no options at all except starting it.

Motorcraft, Duralast, Die Hard and many others are all made by Johnson Controls. Get you a real sized battery in that car.

Members online

No members online now.
Back