What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

On my '97, I installed a 3.55:1 traction lock center differential that I bulit, along with new u-joints (still had originals), added polyurethane front bushings on the diff, installed new rear shocks, & rotated tires. Runs good w/o any gear noise & no leaks!
Diff Change 5-24-14_7440small.jpgDiff Change 5-24-14  1small.jpg

Diff Change 5-24-14_7440small.jpg

Diff Change 5-24-14  1small.jpg

put 9 gals in her while getting parts for the inlaws crown vic uploadfromtaptalk1401419980508.jpguploadfromtaptalk1401419994805.jpguploadfromtaptalk1401420008618.jpg its not bad for a auctioned pi came in for the ps pump i know its not mark related

uploadfromtaptalk1401419980508.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1401419994805.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1401420008618.jpg

I see lots of tools, a creeper, and an old jack. What I don't see is a jack stand. I know I wouldn't be under that car without a jack stand, something about the want to stay alive. A little safety goes a long way.

I see lots of tools, a creeper, and an old jack. What I don't see is a jack stand. I know I wouldn't be under that car without a jack stand, something about the want to stay alive. A little safety goes a long way.

the stand was behind the tire out of sight

I've even had jack stands fail on me causing a car to come down....luckily I moved fast (for a fat kid) and now always have the jack and at least one stand under the car if not more.

picked up the Ivory Mark from my new mech; turns out he was a linc tech for about 25 years, then opened his own garage about 9 years ago...seems very very knowledgeable and honest
----
he did the full trans service and jmod; I like it but am not blown away (yet)...it's def running good strong-me likey
----
i asked the mech what he would fix first if he owned my car. He said resolve the PS leak b/c that fluid will get on and destroy all those new front end components I recently replaced
----
his fix for the PS leak is a new line and pump- $475 p/l :shifty: I was hoping the nut at the line/pump union could be tightened or the o-ring could be replaced?
----
i told him to give me a price on dropping k-frame and replacing: ps pump-line, finding and resolving oil leak (pan gask?ofa-g already did last year), r/r steering rack (leaks grease on LH boot and has 'some' play in it), r/r motor mounts (they are good now, but I'm at 120k miles)......I'm thinking ....? $800 p/l? maybe $1k? he seemed none too eager to get that subframe back in place to reattach, pita)

Oil pan hardly ever leaks.. Check the Oil Pressure Switch under the Filter.

New Pump could solve the PS leak.. Just put a new Teflon gasket on the line

found the exhaust leak tracked it down to cracked welds on the duals and a cracked manifold then used her to drive the gf to the doctors for a sonogram had a good day drove her 40 miles and used a little under 2 gallons

Oil pan hardly ever leaks.. Check the Oil Pressure Switch under the Filter.

New Pump could solve the PS leak.. Just put a new Teflon gasket on the line
that switch (sending unit?) is the same part Thaywood used to crack his ofa housing a while back? mine is dry there...but it could be leaking from the sensor that goes in the side of the pan on the drivers side?
----
did you say you use a cut down open end wrench to loosen that nut on pump side of the hp line? 12mm?

Installed a w3z2 computer that I bought from MarViiiEdrea (Eric) today. Seems to be running a lot better and shifting nicer. Haven't really got on it hard or anything, still letting it "relearn" stuff. I'm pretty sure its running much better, and not just a placebo effect.

what springs you running Dan?
t-bird Eibachs..Sap said they are 1.5'' dropped I believe they are, i almost never park on level ground so sometimes it loos really low
----
last week the mech said I needed a new ac compressor, today I turned it on and it's blowing cold again :confused:

If it says they lower a thunderbird 1.6", should I expect a little more drop when using them on a mark viii?

the 19'' rims plus the 1.5" drop may cause some issues, check the offset on those pony wheels, our factory offset is...??? +39mm?
i wanted 1'' drops and will get that if I change the std strutmasters on my brown car....if you need a source for mark VIII susp parts American Air Suspension has been a reliable vendor to mark owners for many many years...the owner (Eddie) is very helpful

Members online

No members online now.
Back