Good article if you're concerned about Lincoln.

well that was quick, i just read through all five threads over there (half of which are MKX related), that really makes it hard to frequent lol

This might explain something about that:

Year Lincoln MKT Lincoln MKT
U.S.*Sales Canadian*Sales
2009 2580 186
2010 7435 922
2011 5024 470
2012 7094 450
2013 2567 162
(YTD)

correct, while he does have the right to say what he wants where he want, its got to be expected to not be received well (and quite badly by a few) for talking about any different car than the sub section that you are in. thats just the nature of the beast, none of the people that are so focused on their car being the best is ever going to respect anything said from a person who believes the opposite is true.

could you imagine the verbal beating i would get if I would go and talk about how sweet my LS was anywhere on the mark side?

I didn't see any bashing from him on this thread and didn't know about what rolling said he did on another thread. I was just talking about this thread and it was fine for him to comment on. Yeah it is in the LS sub forum but this thread doesn't belong in this section.

Dude, if this RWD MKS happens, I will be a happy HAPPY man

Same here, since it's looking like GM tripped at the finish line with the SS. If that happens we'll need to get the MKS board split into two, a MKS Performance section and an MKS Appliance section.

It's a rehashed GTO. No DOD, or VVT. A 45,000 dollar car that gets worse mileage than a pickup, when it has the same displacement as the pickup? Not happy with that at all. And I had plans to stroke the engine from 6.2L to 7.0, and have a car that would hit the 10s and get over 30MPG since it would be able to live in 4 cyl mode with normal driving.

So, here's hoping the MKS works out.

It's a rehashed GTO. No DOD, or VVT. A 45,000 dollar car that gets worse mileage than a pickup, when it has the same displacement as the pickup? Not happy with that at all. And I had plans to stroke the engine from 6.2L to 7.0, and have a car that would hit the 10s and get over 30MPG since it would be able to live in 4 cyl mode with normal driving.

So, here's hoping the MKS works out.

Here's to being a newb... What's DOD?

Edit: tried Google, and I don't think you meant department of defense lol

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4 Beta

DOD = displacement on demand - aka cylinder deactivation, use eight cylinders to accelerate and four to cruise.
DOD is now called active fuel management by GM.

Sorry, wasn't aware GM changed their nomenclature. The GTO went out, became the G8, and is now the SS. It even looks like the same body. Still, GM's Omega rear wheel drive platform is supposed to be out in the next year or two, which will be basing the Camaro and a couple of Caddilacs.

It's looking like by 2016 there will be a real choice for rear wheel drive cars amongst the domestic makes. Whether they are V8 or V6 remains to be seen, but I'll be happy with a RWD car that puts 400+HP to the ground, especially if it can be upgraded.

I didn't see any bashing from him on this thread and didn't know about what rolling said he did on another thread. I was just talking about this thread and it was fine for him to comment on.

i never said he was "bashing" anything, however i did say that talking about how great a certain cars is, when said car is as opposite as it can be from the car that 97% of the guys here love and have, would not be received too well as is the case every time it happens.

if the MKS "upgrade" someone got received no respect and ended in one of the biggest flame wars i"ve seen all year, do you really expect it to go any better with the MKS's slower, worse handling, and less attractive bigger sister?!?

Yeah it is in the LS sub forum but this thread doesn't belong in this section.
why would it not belong here, it is from an LS owner to other LS owners that there actually might be a chance Lincoln can turn this failboat around before its too late and Lincoln fall to the same fate as Mercury...

I mean look right at the title, every LS owner is concerned about Lincoln as they usually don't like anything that's been coming off the line for years. Its definitely not geared toward the people who actually like the crap factory that Lincoln has become...

if anybody on this side cared about tons of room with three rows of seating, wrong wheel drive, great gas millage, bad handling, terrible balance or small wheels and big tires, they probably would have just bought Freestyles instead of LS's

Could have had this at least 5 years ago. Chevy Lumina SS sold in South Africa. Chevy badged G8. The Ute is the el camino model. Georgia state troopers have been running these for 2 years now. South of Macon on I-75 in the construction zones. They are all black. Hot looking.

Lumina SS 03.jpg

Lumina SS 01.jpg

Lumina SS 02.jpg

Lumina SS 04.jpg

Lumina SS 05.jpg

Lumina SS 06.jpg

What is it with GM's penchant for flowing the fenders up into the "A" pillar and dropping the mirrors lower? It is soooooo awkward and makes the greenhouse look cumbersomely large.

Is this really a re-badged G8? If so it's he Monaro from 5 or 6 years ago and will be pretty out of date.

Is this really a re-badged G8? If so it's he Monaro from 5 or 6 years ago and will be pretty out of date.

The GTO, the G8, and now the SS are rebadged Holden Monaros. They will be current, for the Monaro, but this is what they are. Nothing wrong with them, except for the lack of fuel saving tech that GM already puts in both the cars and trucks. I think GM is looking to claim that they've put out several RWD V8 cars in America, and they just don't sell so Americans just don't want anything but a front wheel drive crackerbox. Meanwhile, truck and SUV sales continue through the roof even in the face of 3+ dollar a gallon gasoline, and it's not because people need them. It's because people don't want FWD crackerboxes.

Actually, I don't mind FWD. Your just going to get the performance you want out it. I bought TBSS. Because I needed the space and wanted performance. LS2 motor gets me my performance and better fuel mileage then my Durango and Navi ever did.

I wouldn't hold my breath for a RWD Lincoln car.

Lincoln is being left behind. All the other major luxury car makers are realizing the public wants performance with their luxury cars. Whether its a big V8 or a turbo charged V6. Buyers want performance. Cadillac is attacking BMW, Mercedes, etc... with the "V" models. The public is buying them. Lincoln is falling behind more and more every year. FoMoCo needs to let Lincoln use the Mustang powertrain and RWD platform to catch up.

Lincoln is being left behind. All the other major luxury car makers are realizing the public wants performance with their luxury cars. Whether its a big V8 or a turbo charged V6. Buyers want performance. Cadillac is attacking BMW, Mercedes, etc... with the "V" models. The public is buying them. Lincoln is falling behind more and more every year. FoMoCo needs to let Lincoln use the Mustang powertrain and RWD platform to catch up.

I agree with ls4me, probably will not happen. At motortrends round table meeting Lincoln was brought up. Someone asked if they would go for a rwd platform and everyone said no. There's a market for what Lincoln is doing believe it or not. They compete more with Buick than anything.

Bleah. I've always had a special place in my heart for Buick, as my first car was a 1972 Skylark. But today's Buick is trash. My mother bought a LaCross CXL a few years ago, and she liked it initially but it didn't take long to not like it. She had the 5.3L with it, and while it scooted pretty good it had massive torque steer, and heavy steering. She sold it for a pickup, which rode almost as well but drove tons better than the LaCrosse did. If that's what Lincoln plans to compete against, Lincoln plans to sell cars to people who do not care what they drive and who will be willing to put up with many shortcomings for a lot of money. I'm really hoping Lincoln does build a RWD off the new Mustang platform, if they do then I'll be visiting their showroom the year after it comes out. Otherwise, I'll never visit a Lincoln dealer for anything more than parts.

if the MKS "upgrade" someone got received no respect and ended in one of the biggest flame wars i"ve seen all year, do you really expect it to go any better with the MKS's slower, worse handling, and less attractive bigger sister?!?

I expect members not to treat other MKT (and others) owners like crap because they drive a "appliance". If you think they are wrong, well so be it. I don't agree with him about buying the V6 over the ecoboost but I didn't come off as "OMG why the F would you buy a that POS over the ecoboost".

why would it not belong here, it is from an LS owner to other LS owners that there actually might be a chance Lincoln can turn this failboat around before its too late and Lincoln fall to the same fate as Mercury...

Because it has nothing to do with the LS, should be in the "anything goes" section.

I expect members not to treat other MKT (and others) owners like crap because they drive a "appliance". If you think they are wrong, well so be it. I don't agree with him about buying the V6 over the ecoboost but I didn't come off as "OMG why the F would you buy a that POS over the ecoboost".

hopes and wishes are one thing, expectations should be based on past experiences...

I have seen how it how fast and to what extent it derails as soon as somebody starts talking about how great their car is to a group of guys who believe that the exact opposite is true, therefor this thread ended up exactly as I expected it to.

If i was to go up to any group of guys at an Aaron Lewis concert and start talking about how great of a president Obama was, I can expect to be pretty good at spitting out teeth by the time i was done with the conversation.

Because it has nothing to do with the LS, should be in the "anything goes" section.

sounds like somebodys got a case of the "should be"s. hell maybe the OP posted it over here because he wanted all of the LS guys who are thoroughly disgusted and concerned with the direction Lincoln is heading (which just happens to be quite a lot of them) to be able to see it and read it. i would be surprised if very many of that specific crowd ever venture outside of the LS section.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

sounds like somebodys got a case of the "should be"s. hell maybe the OP posted it over here because he wanted all of the LS guys who are thoroughly disgusted and concerned with the direction Lincoln is heading (which just happens to be quite a lot of them) to be able to see it and read it. i would be surprised if very many of that specific crowd ever venture outside of the LS section.
Yeah, I got a problem when someone is told to go to another sub forum because this is the LS section when it has nothing to do with the LS. Sure I understand it will get more views here but then don't turn around and say go to the MKT section, because this is the LS forum.

well apparently it sounds like their are some people who believe if they want to hear how good an MKFWD is, they would go over there and read about it, but they come here to not have

like i said, he has the right to tell us how awesome his car is, but at the end of the day, you keep telling people some sh!t they don't want to hear and sooner or later somebody's going to tell them to go kick rocks. judging from the 5 thread, one of which has more than 1 reply, it looks like no one really want to hear anything about them...

i mean its right in the title, "Good article if you're concerned about Lincoln." hes not concerned with the direction is going in and actually likes it as he kept telling us how great the cool aid taste. I don't know how that isn't supposed to ruffle a few feathers.

also it has plenty to do with the LS, as in there is hope for another car like the more in the direction of the LS and away from the direction of the current crop of crap, something that an LS owner would actually want to buy from Lincoln.

The OP is a LS owner. We wanted to share it with the rest of the LS owners and discuss. The LS section is a community in itself on LVC. We are a tight group. Sure, we give each other crap. BUT we stick up for each other as well. MKTennesee comes in as an outsider and starts "bragging" about how great is MKT. Great, fine, good for him. BUT he starts "mocking" the LS and owners with comments about "performance", "big wheels", etc... At that point, he got treated like a "troll".

Go check MKTennesees posting history. Two post outside the LS section. Both in a topic called "Epic Fail" in the............... Wait for it............................................... MKT section. The thread is about...................... What else the MKT. The topic talks about one membere opinion about the MKT. How they aren't selling and just sitting on Lincoln dealers lots. The rest are all in this topic. All his post have one common theme. "How great" his MKT. I understand he loves and is proud of his MKT. But don't come into another models section and start with type of talk and expect to get treated kindly and expect to be welcome with open arms.

MKTennesee has not been back since. Last logged on June 14th at 4:54pm. Maybe he traded in his MKT. Who knows?????

Members online

No members online now.
Back