New member in family!

ilovemyls

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
No children but even better a new car! Bought a 2010 Ford Taurus SHO last weekend, its completely stock right now but have lots of plans for it in the future, the LSE will stick around for awhile, be my weekend driver from now on. I actually have it up for sale to make my wife feel better about having another car, but i set it at a ridiculous price so don't expect anybody to go for it but if you know somebody that wants to overpay for a LS let me know :D

20130424190825.jpg

20130424190802.jpg

i wondered why in the hell your LS was on craigslist!! lol SHO's are awesome dude! but keep your LS!

Was just looking at those, and thinking how huge, boat-like and non-athletic they look. No offence of course, I just can't stand most modern Fords.

Any thoughts on how it drives?

it is significantly larger than the ls and definitely isnt as sexy as the ls but performance wise it puts the ls to shame, 0-60 in about 5.1, the AWD makes it grip corners amazing and there is almost no turbo lag, its really quiet no matter what speed which is a pro and con i guess, i still love the sound of my ls

2013-ford-taurus-red-front-left-view.jpg
It has the twin turbo ecoboost v6 right
It would look better if it had these wheels

2013-ford-taurus-red-front-left-view.jpg

yeah, ecoboost v6. some people like the '13 sho wheels, some don't like them. i happen to like them, but a lot of people think they look too much like flowers..

Not going to lie I was looking at new SHOs..... I have a huge hang up on FWD/FWD bias AWD cars that just barerly keeps me away. I like them though, nice purchase.

Glad to your not selling your LS. I was shocked to see it on Craigslist.

I'm not crazy about the 13' sho wheels, but i feel like the 13' front end is kinda like the taurus version of the 06/2nd gen LSE.

it would have to be on of the first mods i would do. then i would go to town on seeing what kind of power it could make!!!

Anyone can go fast straight....... Let's hit the twisters!

I like the design of the car, except a few aspects.

1) These things are huge, much bigger in person than these pictures insinuate.
2) I don't know why they had to make the ass huge, and stick it way up in the air. Lowering the rear a bit more than the front would make this thing pop.

There are also a few choice design flaws as far as police vehicles go. Mainly being some very frail looking coolant tube elbows that are very exposed up front on the side of the radiator. Needless to say, a few crown vic style median jumps with this thing and I would be worried about that elbow.

What a terrible example. You can clearly see in the 2013 picture there is more wheel gap on the rear than the front. Equalizing that, and then a dropping it the same amount all around would look great.

Thinking lowered Dodge Neon effect, they had the same problem.

I honestly don't think the SHO handles poorly, that is for a 4400 lb car. Probably can go faster through the slalom than the ls (not really surprising given a decade of engineering difference).

Members online

Back