Official LS Picture Thread

I think the lowest mpg reading we had on the trip was 26.2 it was mostly upper 27's. We had the perfect weather for ideal mpgs.

I wonder, is that based on the average of the previous few readings? I wish we had instant.

2006 Lincoln LS in Cashmere Tri-Coat Metallic.

I wonder, is that based on the average of the previous few readings? I wish we had instant.

I will, once my Scangauge II arrives :cool:

Quick pics of the summer wheels back on with new rubber....I don't even want to talk about how much of a pain it was today. They're 245/40/19 and I had to roll the lips on the rear. I think my shocks are starting to wear out. Oh and test fitting the M3 lip spoiler.

photobucket-56901-1365464023143_zps30c5b3cb.jpg

photobucket-28515-1365464024066_zps89aced2f.jpg

photobucket-19237-1365464022283_zps24baebf4.jpg

Nice! love the mach 1 look.....what's with rear passenger door?

Thanks...I had an encounter with a very solid road sign. It ripped of the mirror, rear handle, & crinkled that part of the rear fender. I haven't found a way to fix it yet.

Jolinc, is that how low it sits with just the eibach front springs or did you cut them ?

If they are only supposed to drop by 1" mine would not end up sitting that low, as least I hope not cuz with my 40mm offset wheels, they will rub then.

Jolinc, is that how low it sits with just the eibach front springs or did you cut them ?

If they are only supposed to drop by 1" mine would not end up sitting that low, as least I hope not cuz with my 40mm offset wheels, they will rub then.

Yup, its been said a lot that Eibachs in fact lower much more than 1". I got closer to 1.5-1.75"

And you should be fine with eibachs and a 40mm wheel.

Guess I'll have to take your word for it, looks like rubbing to me but looks can be deceiving.

I like the pic Chris. And Jo, I really like the spoiler on Silver.

Thanks guys. BigRig I don't recall it sitting this low last year. It doesn't rub but I think my shocks are wearing out

Thanks guys. BigRig I don't recall it sitting this low last year. It doesn't rub but I think my shocks are wearing out

Why do you think your shocks are wearing out?

It's starting to bottom out on certain bumps it didn't before and it's sitting ALOT lower now. Could just be my imagination, but I've had the LS long enough to know what she's trying to tell me.

Ok so I finally got some different pics, although not ideal because she's dirty after a 230mile drive of on and off rain... and I am no professional photographer.

Taken near Lincoln City, OR (took the kids out of town for the week, we're in Newport right now.)

p1030355e.jpg

p1030433b.jpg

It's starting to bottom out on certain bumps it didn't before and it's sitting ALOT lower now. Could just be my imagination, but I've had the LS long enough to know what she's trying to tell me.

You could be right about the shocks but they have no effect on your static ride height. Your springs, however, could be the cause of both issues. If the springs are weakening, they would sag as a result of a reduction of spring rate. I am not sure but the springs may contract in the cold also.

LS looks outstanding. :cool:

Don't forget. You went from 20" Sentas 255/45/20 tires to 19" Konigs 245/35/19 tires. You lost half inch of side wall. That would effect your ride for sure.

LS looks outstanding. :cool:

Don't forget. You went from 20" Sentas 255/45/20 tires to 19" Konigs 245/35/19 tires. You lost half inch of side wall. That would effect your ride for sure.

I'm on 245/40's now...I'm not sure what's up with it but it looks good.

That is indeed low. It's got me a little concerned as my Eibachs are on route and have plans to drop the front only.
I'm on 245/40R19's with 40mm offset wheels and they are sitting flush with the fenders on the front.
If it's going to drop that much, I would anticipate rubbing but others here have said it won't.

So ... we'll have to see.

btw: I'm sure you are aware, top left side of that first pic you can see where you'll need to apply the hammer.

That is indeed low. It's got me a little concerned as my Eibachs are on route and have plans to drop the front only.
I'm on 245/40R19's with 40mm offset wheels and they are sitting flush with the fenders on the front.
If it's going to drop that much, I would anticipate rubbing but others here have said it won't.

btw: I'm sure you are aware, top left side of that first pic you can see where you'll need to apply the hammer.

How flush are you sitting? A 35mm wheel will sits flush on the LS. Your wheels with that offset should be sitting in a little. If you look in my pictures in my profile, you will see the rims with the black inserts that I use to have. Those were hell of flush because they were 35mm wheels.

Try this link. It will help you with your questions on offset, ride height, and fender clearance. http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.phpt?=79615

I had 19's with 245/35/19 tires. The same Konigs jolinc has. NEVER rubbed once. When jolinc and I traded. The 20" Sentas came with 255/35/20 tires. I ONLY rub, when I hit dips in the road or transsion off roadway to a bridge and back to roadway at speed. You will be fine.

Last edited:
Try this link. It will help you with your questions on offset, ride height, and fender clearance. http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.phpt?=79615

I had 19's with 245/35/19 tires. The same Konigs jolinc has. NEVER rubbed once. When jolinc and I traded. The 20" Sentas came with 255/45/20 tires. I ONLY rub, when I hit dips in the road or transsion off roadway to a bridge and back to roadway at speed. You will be fine.

Are you sure they were 255/45-20 and not 255/35-20? I only ask because my 1st Gen had 255/35-20 and they were taller than stockers and they would rub at full lock on the bumps.

That link seems broken.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.
Back