What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Its a great investment for northern cold nights and averages below freezing more than just a few days out of the yr. It helps

J did diddly squat but glad to say no CEL since the reboot and all is well. Just haven't really been in the mood to drive or need to drive anywhere. Hope every1 has a good monday

I can understand how people up in Minn, N/S Dakota and Canada need them as it gets downright nasty in the winter. It doesn't get that cold down here for very long periods of time. Tuesday it isn't going to get below 10 degrees all day with a low of -9. I might consider using it then.

I did however just start my car up for the first time since Friday afternoon, still had plenty of juice left in the battery and the engine did it's normal pissed off to be in the cold noises but it started and eventually got to op temp.

I just get paranoid with the batteries in the winter ever since the last Marquis. That car was so unpredictable in the cold and would just go through them. I will say the "Big 3" has done wonderful things for the mark this winter.

Sorry but if it ain't diesel I see no need for it.

So do you know what a block heater is for? Apparently not.

no need? lol. guess you've never had one before. its so nice to crank up the car and have heat before you leave the neighborhood. put one in my bro's SHO. cold started like a boss, warmed up super quick. it has to help so much with cold start wear.

So do you know what a block heater is for? Apparently not.

Yes it's for people that are wimps obviously :rolleyes:
My first 300D even had bad Glow Plugs, I didn't plug it in. My '71 R/T Challenger had no Choke AND a big gaping hole where the heater core used to be. Yet I drove it for 2 years straight thru winter, cracking the windows open to keep the windshield from fogging up :mad:

I can understand how people up in Minn, N/S Dakota and Canada need them as it gets downright nasty in the winter. It doesn't get that cold down here for very long periods of time. Tuesday it isn't going to get below 10 degrees all day with a low of -9. I might consider using it then.

I did however just start my car up for the first time since Friday afternoon, still had plenty of juice left in the battery and the engine did it's normal pissed off to be in the cold noises but it started and eventually got to op temp.

I just get paranoid with the batteries in the winter ever since the last Marquis. That car was so unpredictable in the cold and would just go through them. I will say the "Big 3" has done wonderful things for the mark this winter.

Shoot pics of ur big 3 setup due that i will b doing it in 2 weeks.

My first 300D even had bad Glow Plugs, I didn't plug it in. My '71 R/T Challenger had no Choke AND a big gaping hole where the heater core used to be. Yet I drove it for 2 years straight thru winter, cracking the windows open to keep the windshield from fogging up :mad:

Drive like the road warrior u r Lolz

When I was a kid in Whitehorse in the Yukon it would sometimes get so cold you could take a pitcher of water outside and pour it out and ice would hit the ground.

Guys who did not plug their cars in did not get to use them till they changed the sludge in the oil pan to some kind of semi liquid. It was not uncommon to have people light small fires under them to thaw out the oil.

I imagine synthetics would be less of a problem but this was long before they were invented.

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

Yeah sorry but I guess I forgot I'm on a board of some real lightweights that drive Luxury Cars and can't wait for heat during the winter :confused:

I need to get to work and it is freezing with snow I would go start my 1939 Plymouth with a 6 volt system and a flathead 6. No block heater no problem. Snow got deep I bought this

No Block heater or defrost and vacuum wipers.
Just sold my Mark with heated seats that I never bothered to turn on during the winter. So sorry but I'm not a lightweight that needs to plug my car in to have heat before I leave my block.

I'll get some for you this afternoon.

Yeah sorry but I guess I forgot I'm on a board of some real lightweights that drive Luxury Cars and can't wait for heat during the winter :confused:

Old luxury cars that are expensive (At times) to fix. Any bit of help in the extreme cold helps. Now you wouldn't see me at the local pep boys walking the aisles looking for a block heater when it 20 degrees out, but if it's already installed on the car why not use it?

I for one would absolutely love walking out to a warm car w/o having to waste gas letting it run in the mornings. And as Chris said, it'll help prevent cold start wear.

On Going Project

Purchased my first Mark VIII just over a month ago, pd. $2200.++ very clean but needs more mechanical than antisapated. So far replaced tires and cleaned as much corrision build up on wheels, still have small leak. Replaced catalytic coverter, 4 6x8" speakers, auto antenna. Biggest prob. is an electrical issue with daytime auto lamps, not turning off unless horn relay pulled. auto locks, all interior lights not work when doors open or switched on. Work in progress.

I plugged in my block heater last night-35 with wind chill
It started easier i think still took 3.5 miles to start making heat.
Good heat wave in the day though supposed to hit-4 for a high. With out wind chill

YesterdayI took the tag off my White 98 and put it on the black car. Visited my cousin and put another 150 miles on it. I love the moonroof. Perfect weather for it! 75 and blue skies!

Purchased my first Mark VIII just over a month ago, pd. $2200.++ very clean but needs more mechanical than antisapated. So far replaced tires and cleaned as much corrision build up on wheels, still have small leak. Replaced catalytic coverter, 4 6x8" speakers, auto antenna. Biggest prob. is an electrical issue with daytime auto lamps, not turning off unless horn relay pulled. auto locks, all interior lights not work when doors open or switched on. Work in progress.
relatively speaking, I'd say you're in GREAT shape!....imo, do away with auto lamps, esp. if you have HID conversion...just use the rotary sw. for lights...btw, what year/model mark? pics!!!

YesterdayI took the tag off my White 98 and put it on the black car. Visited my cousin and put another 150 miles on it.
how's that work? do you Fla drivers still not need ins? registration/emissions?you just swap tags and you're legal/good to go?

Just a quick pic of how it's wired up. Lots of wires and very little space.

All ofc 4awg
Pure copper ring terminals

Used factory chassis ground behind drivers side headlight
Engine ground is behind the ps resv bracket
Alt to 140a fuse > fuse to battery

Then of course the power wire for the amp with another 140 anl.

Retained all the factory power and grounds. Quite the cluster****.

DSCF8788.JPG

how's that work? do you Fla drivers still not need ins? registration/emissions?you just swap tags and you're legal/good to go?

You are required by law to have insurance and registration. I have full coverage on the car but didn't register it. No insurance is a felony. No reg is just a ticket. I just push my luck.

it wasn't today, but I got these awhile back...4.5'' bolt patterns
P1120125_zps966be359.jpg

P1120126_zps3f0c7985.jpg

P1120127_zps23c15f10.jpg

now I haven't worked on the suspension before, but I'm hoping this will be a simple remove and replace job...when I have the time

it wasn't today, but I got these awhile back...4.5'' bolt patterns
P1120125_zps966be359.jpg

P1120126_zps3f0c7985.jpg

P1120127_zps23c15f10.jpg

now I haven't worked on the suspension before, but I'm hoping this will be a simple remove and replace job...when I have the time

I'd save that work for when you've got bigger brakes and the wheels you want for the 4.5s
Since it looks like you're a salvager, hunt down a C4 vette. You could probably buy the parts pretty cheap new thou. And since its off the car - paint it

Members online

No members online now.
Back