Vandalism on the LS

You weren't. I was just messing with you. I carry full on my 2000 and I know most here would never do so.

Sorry man, Jesus that blows.

Couple stories that might make you smile.

A buddy came out of his house holding a six pack of bottles "beer".
Found a thief in his car, ripping out his dash.
Thief jumped out of the car just in time to get leveled by my friend's 6 pack before 911 was called.
Classic.

Every thing that comes around goes around.

A friend I work with had his truck painted by a local body shop.
He Woke up a week after he got it back, and it was gone out of his driveway.

Two years later they police found the truck up in northern Minnesota.
The back of the truck was filled with pot.... and a dead body.

The body wound up to be a guy who worked at the body shop.
They guess he made a copy of the key and took the truck.

Cross your fingers, maybe they will catch this little b@stard.
Watch your local craiglist for your stuff to pop up.

Sorry to hear this man! :mad::mad:

I just bought another Mark8 from Kansas and had it parked in the secured fvcking garage at my apartments and some scumbag (tenant or friend of tenant) stole the car cover off of it. I got lucky. I have $800 worth of stereo equipment in my car but they stopped at the car cover. I was more concerned with damage to the car itself than the stereo. Gladly, ^Ford Nut was nice enough to provide me with some off-site storage elsewhere.

Also, I might recommend to you the same thing that I have been thinking of doing. Get an aftermarket alarm (like Compustar or auto page) that has the 2-way remote paging system. Your remote will be a pager as soon as the alarm goes off or even if the car is being tampered with(warning chirps). The range on the Compustar is like an incredible 1-mile range. I will always be much closer to my car than that and let me tell ya, I am 6'5" and run like a damn gazelle so that fvcker better be quick because I will have more than just my 2 hands coming at him. :shifty:

And the other unfortunate thing is that thieves know they have to be quick, so in the process they are sloppy as fvck and wreck your chit in the process. They can all die and rot in hell in my opinion.

You weren't. I was just messing with you. I carry full on my 2000 and I know most here would never do so.

If you're carrying it on a 2000 I think you're very wise. People think you're covering the car with full coverage, but that's not correct. I could give two shIIs about the car, that insurance is there to cover MY @$$. It makes it more convenient for me then something like this happens. It also makes sure that if I'm hurt bad that I get fixed immediately regardless of how well the other guy's covered as my medpay coverage is maxed out. On top of that, I carry very high liability levels in case it's a Ferrari I run into and I get sued over it. The levels I have are high enough that the insurance company keeps a crack team of Airborne Lawyers on a 10 second alert at all times to be dropped into the accident scene if necessary, and they'll be the types that would make Perry Mason run away crying with wet drawers on. If I just had liability, I'd be on the hook for a lot of that stuff, and I have too much to lose to risk it on hitting a sheet of ice and running into the back of some ambulance chaser when maxed out full coverage is only a couple hundred per vehicle more every 6 months.

If I only had liability on the LS, I'd have had to buy a junkyard wheel and tire to get my car home and would still be screwing around trying to get the other guy's insurance to fix my car since the driver's insurance would be saying that Wal-Mart is responsible since they own the trailer, and Wal-Mart's insurance would be saying that the truck driver's insurance is responsible since he was the one pulling the rig. In the end, I'd have had to try and locate the parts and pay the bill on my own nickel, and try to get a lawyer to get me at least half of the bill since the lawyer would get half. My insurance would not have gotten involved at all.

Last edited:
I have a sh!tload of extras on my LS. I want at least a small return on my investment and before anyone says it won't happen, I got paid out by my company when my Gran Prix with 142,000 miles caught on fire. They paid for the stereo install because it was professionally installed and considered it part of the car. Also, due to the pics and the receipts of maintenance I was able to present, they gave me high book. I walked away with just over $5400 on that car.

Last edited:
Ya comp and collision is well worth it. After my mom totaled my old town car, I put full coverage on my infinity qx4, even though my insurance guy recommended against it (old car bla bla bla). Few months later lady runs a red light and I tbone her (there was a 12ft snow mound which obstructed my and her view until it was too late), insurance picked up the tab, and sprung for a rental pickup. They claimed it was my fault in arbitration because the police report was all wrong (her husband was a cop, she made sure to mention that) and the police officer who wrote the report kept dodging me to amend it. Still, my rates never went up because of it (thank you accident forgiveness) and even went down when I added my wife as a second driver.

that **** sucks, I hate thieves, get a ****ing job. Quit smoking pot in your moms basement and grow the **** up. People think they have to steal **** and be cool with their homies, or pals or what ever....

**** that ****, I hope everything gets sorted out for you.
Agree 100%....... Karma is a b!+ch. Sooner or later it will catch up with the a-holes that did it.:mad:

Just basic liability. Allstate sucks ass. My main concern is finding a replacement for the vent. If anyone has a parts car that they're willing to part out the vent to me, please let me know.

I have Allstate. Full-coverage. They repaired ALL the damage, when my LS was broken into right away.

If you dont mind me asking, can you PM me the amount you pay for full coverage? I'm paying over $200 a month just for basic liability here in NY. Also, does any one know if this vent will fit the 2000 LS? It's made for 03-06: Click here

Ouch. I pay $80 a month for full with State Farm.

Texas.

We have no state tax either. Plus living is cheap here.

If you dont mind me asking, can you PM me the amount you pay for full coverage? I'm paying over $200 a month just for basic liability here in NY. Also, does any one know if this vent will fit the 2000 LS? It's made for 03-06: Click here

Age has a lot to do with cost. For males, 25 is the first magic number. Marital status also figures in.

80 a month for full coverage? No chance man. Unless you are on some specialty plan.

I pay almost 150 and we're around the same age I believe.

Mine is $89 through State Farm (full coverage). I think you would still have to pay the deductible for vandalism... I got hit by an uninsured driver one time and had to pay it.

80 a month for full coverage? No chance man. Unless you are on some specialty plan.

I pay almost 150 and we're around the same age I believe.

I'm 25 and there's 4 discounts on my plan per line but yes it comes out to $160 for two vehicles with full coverage.

Mine is $89 through State Farm (full coverage). I think you would still have to pay the deductible for vandalism... I got hit by an uninsured driver one time and had to pay it.

There's different levels of full coverage. Basic full coverage and then there's tons of add ons.

I'm 25 and there's 4 discounts on my plan per line but yes it comes out to $160 for two vehicles with full coverage.

There's different levels of full coverage. Basic full coverage and then there's tons of add ons.

Yeah true, but there's always a deductible. I was just with my agent the other day and I had to pick either $250, $500 or $1k. Maybe there are situations where you don't have to pay that but if someone busts a $200 window the full coverage means nothing.

Edit: Or maybe there is a $0 option that she wasn't showing me.. or maybe that vanishing deductible from Allstate would be nice

Allstate has my monthly payments at $229 a month for basic liability. I'm 19 but the car is under my dad's name who has been with allstate since 1999. I'm sure there is some kind of discount he can get here for being with them for over a decade.

Yeah, I believe it. I live in an expensive state and I pay $120 for full coverage on the 300 and just collision on my Prelude.

Edit: Or maybe there is a $0 option that she wasn't showing me.. or maybe that vanishing deductible from Allstate would be nice

It exists. It's pricey, but it exists.

I pay State Farm about $90/month to cover four vehicles (two full coverage, two liability-only). I also have my homeowner's policy with them, and I haven't had a ticket or an at-fault collision in almost 20 years.

If you're male and under 25, you're in the "holy crap, why do we even insure you?" risk category, which puts you in the pay-through-the-nose group. When I turned 25, my insurance payment got cut by roughly half--it went from ~$150/month for two vehicles (full coverage on one, liability-only on the other) to $80-ish. I was still the same driver with the same cars, but being one day older made all the difference...

I pay State Farm about $90/month to cover four vehicles (two full coverage, two liability-only). I also have my homeowner's policy with them, and I haven't had a ticket or an at-fault collision in almost 20 years.

If you're male and under 25, you're in the "holy crap, why do we even insure you?" risk category, which puts you in the pay-through-the-nose group. When I turned 25, my insurance payment got cut by roughly half--it went from ~$150/month for two vehicles (full coverage on one, liability-only on the other) to $80-ish. I was still the same driver with the same cars, but being one day older made all the difference...

Lucky you. I pay $280 a month for full coverage. But I'm also 18 and like you said, insurance companies hate us. Lol

When I bought my Camaro when I was 20, Progressive charged me $310/month. It was insane. I also lived in what they considered a "high risk area" because I was 45 minutes from Philadelphia.

I hate to see that happen to a car, especially an Ls. I can understand with being a college student and working a part time job. It's a pain but once I moved to Tampa I went to full coverage with geico at $150 a month for being 22

We're paying ~$220 a month with 1 "accident" (I hit a tire tread changing lanes and it's my fault?). That's 3 LSes ('00 V6 & 2 '06s), $0 comprehensive, rental for 30 days, $100 collision and various discounts.

I pay 950 every 6 months for full coverage with maxed out limits and a 200 comprehensive/500 collusion on a 2003 Lincoln LS and a 2000 Silverado Z71 reg cab V8. Couse, I'm also married, in my 40s, and my kids are off the policy.

I pay 950 every 6 months for full coverage with maxed out limits and a 200 comprehensive/500 collusion on a 2003 Lincoln LS and a 2000 Silverado Z71 reg cab V8. Couse, I'm also married, in my 40s, and my kids are off the policy.

I forgot to mention. That's 3 drivers; one is my 20 something daughter.

Members online

No members online now.
Back