Vandalism on the LS

fudge12

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Just got my LS back from the transmission shop less than a week and after parking just a few houses away on my block, I woke up to a heart breaking site. My rear right window smashed to pieces, center console torn apart, and my stereo ripped clean off leaving nothing more than a couple of exposed wires. Pictures are as follows:
283256_4486213645240_653399850_n.jpg

263549_4486212925222_1029346522_n.jpg

485126_4486211125177_879828265_n.jpg

575069_4486212325207_417155843_n.jpg

I just spent $2775 on the tranny and battery, if anyone can help me out to get an air vent/bezel it'll be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

that **** sucks, I hate thieves, get a ****ing job. Quit smoking pot in your moms basement and grow the **** up. People think they have to steal **** and be cool with their homies, or pals or what ever....

**** that ****, I hope everything gets sorted out for you.

Wow...I am sorry man. Some people are total scumbags. Will your insurance cover any of that?

Called insurance company, they wont cover it. Extremely pissed beyond the limits. Totally agree with the two of you, they're total ****ing scumbags. Being a full time student and working a part time job with a situation like this is driving me nuts.

Just basic liability. Allstate sucks ass. My main concern is finding a replacement for the vent. If anyone has a parts car that they're willing to part out the vent to me, please let me know.

Sucks your insurance won't cover it. One semester I got 3 dings and a scratch in my car and I filed a claim saying it got vandalized. They fixed if right up. No questions asked. But them again my insurance always seems to be more giving than others. Both cars I totaled they gave me more money than I paid for them.

Country financial.

I live out here in the countraay. Lol out in the boon docks

It also prolly helps that my uncle is my agent. Lol. But he can only control so much. He wasn't the one deciding how much money I got for my cars

That seems odd. I'd be looking @ the Trans shop employees. It wouldn't surprise me if one of them saw the stereo and copied your address from the paperwork so that they could "check it out" at a later time.

It could also just be a coincidence. Regardless, i'm sorry to see that happen to anybody.

That seems odd. I'd be looking @ the Trans shop employees. It wouldn't surprise me if one of them saw the stereo and copied your address from the paperwork so that they could "check it out" at a later time.

It could also just be a coincidence. Regardless, i'm sorry to see that happen to anybody.

I thought this same thing:shifty:

One of the many reasons I like the factory HU.

Sorry for your loss! Some people can be serious butt-heads! I won't even go into how the entitlement attitude and class warfare figure into this....

Sorry to see that. I hate seeing that happen, not just to an ls, but to any car. People work and save up to buy their things and here comes someone breaking in to your car to destroy it while they steal your stuff.

thats terrible man. Hope you get things worked out.

Now may be the time to consider some tinted windows? with my 5% tint you can't see inside.

Just a picture of what I used to have... I really don't care much for the head unit, I have an old replacement. I just dont have $70 to fork over for the center vent at the moment. You were right, I broke my @ss to buy this car cash and fix it up for my own personal use, not for someone to come **** it up. Man I'm so upset.

DSCF0520.jpg

mlara1129: yeah I had the tint in my trunk hoping i'd put it on one day, just never got around to doing it.

Just basic liability. Allstate sucks ass.
I'm not sure how Allstate "sucks ass" on this one--liability coverage only covers damage that you (or your car) do to other people's property. You'd need comprehensive to cover something like this, but the deductible would be more than the $70 for the vent bezel, so I don't think that'd have helped you here.

I do feel you pain, though. My dad was using my Explorer a few years ago, and the one night he forgot to lock it some scum-sucking fatherless son of a whore decided that he was entitled to the head unit (a decent, though not overly expensive, Alpine unit). I have no use for thieves, other than target practice.

sorry buddy.

Damage looks minimal though.. all should be pretty cheap to replace... I had a car broken into to get the system, they got so upset they couldn't get subs the DESTROYED the (freshly) restored interior... 66 Fury III. hope it gets back to new again for ya soon

So sorry to see this man, and hope everything works out for you. Too many worthless f*cking specks of dirt in this World these days. Can't do for themselves so they take from others. Keep your head up, you worked for everything that they stole and you'll continue to work hard and rebuild what those worthless f*cks stole. They'll get what's coming to their sorry a$ses, so don't even let it bother you. Only a matter of time until they steal from the wrong person and get their dumb a$s brains blown out.

I'm not sure how Allstate "sucks ass" on this one--liability coverage only covers damage that you (or your car) do to other people's property. You'd need comprehensive to cover something like this, but the deductible would be more than the $70 for the vent bezel, so I don't think that'd have helped you here.

While true about liability coverage, I think that's absolutely ridiculous. Car insurance should cover theft no matter if you only have liability or you've sprung for comprehensive. You didn't do the damage. Someone did it to you. Car insurance is just one big scam.

Hate to say this but the only one you should be mad at other than the thief is yourself for having liability only, not the insurance company. Liability means other people are covered for damage, but you have no coverage at all for damage to you or your stuff. It's not the insurance company's fault that you chose to not cover yourself for damages like this.

I've always invested the extra bit of money for full coverage, and it's paid for itself. I've had a couple of cars stolen and had one vandalized, and aside from the deductible the payout on these three vehicles has been more than I've paid in policy coverage for years. On the vandalized vehicle, some dipwad decided to key a minivan on all the panels, so for 200 bucks my entire van was repainted. The total cost of full coverage was something like 700 every 6 months, the repaint done by a local dealer paint shop was 5500 bucks, and I had the van 3 years. And, because it was vandalism my premiums didn't go up because I wasn't at fault.

On my Lincoln, when that truck threw that leaf spring at the car the insurance company, because I have full coverage on it, let me take it to the repair shop immediately to get the car back on the road. They also provided a rental car because I have a rental rider on it. They paid the repair shop off, so it's a done deal for me and they are going to go after the insurance for the truck that caused the damage. Total cost to me: 0 bucks. Of course I used this to my advantage and had a few blems in the paint fixed at the same time so really I came out ahead on the deal.

Full coverage, can't beat it with a stick when you need it.

Called insurance company, they wont cover it. Extremely pissed beyond the limits. Totally agree with the two of you, they're total ****ing scumbags. Being a full time student and working a part time job with a situation like this is driving me nuts.

God that hurts t osee. Vehicle vandalism really hits home with me. :(

As for the vent; it couldn't hurt to shoot Earleebird a PM. He tends to carry a lot of little bits and pieces like that.

Car insurance should cover theft no matter if you only have liability or you've sprung for comprehensive.
You have the option of buying comprehensive, which would cover that, so why should they have to provide coverage you chose not to purchase? That's like buying a stripper Fiesta then saying Ford should've included heated/cooled seats and a V6.

You also have to remember TANSTAAFL--There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch--if the insurance companies have to pay out for theft under liability coverage, they'll have to raise liability rates to compensate for it. Personally, I like the cheap liability rates I get for my truck and sports car, so I'll stick with the "purchase the coverage you want" model, thanks.

Tell(co) us how you really feel. LOL.

What, was I ranting? Sorry, just passing on my experiences with insurance. I've always thought it to be a pretty good deal. I throw them a few bones every month, and if anything bad happens they pay for it. It keeps my costs stable. Insurance is the biggest waste of money in the world until you need it.

I wish they'd have adopted the auto insurance model for health insurance, where everyone gets a basic minimum and people can add whatever coverage they want on their own dime.

Members online

No members online now.
Back