Wanted.. HID for 96 LSC only.

96_Lincoln_LSC

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I need another headlamp.. the HID bulb is bad passenger side now. Replaced Drivers Side last year.. Anyone got one and how Much Shipped to 19007?
Thanks
Bill

I concur. Bought a pair of DLF's Amazing Adapters, bought a Xenon light set from VME. Installation involved less than an hour, including splicing the new wires onto the old connectors. Bang, done. Didn't need the relay harness because the 96 LSC came with HID lights. Works great, and set me back less than a hundred.

Talked to the mechanic that used to work on this car for the original owner (I'm the 2nd owner), and he confided to me that the reason the old man finally decided to sell it was because the HID lowbeams failed, and the dealership wanted to charge him like 1,400 bux to "fix" the problem. So he wound up driving around at night with his highbeams and getting fed up with it. My own attempts at solving the problem are what led me to LVC. :D

I honestly can't see any reason to stick with the factory HID setup.

I appreciate the offer for the pair, I am only looking for just a good bulb. however if you only want to sell a pair I understand.. I got my last bulb for a very good price but I would like for you to name the price if i can afford it I will agree if not I hope we can negotiate on it.. I am a long time member and have been buying and selling items on here for years..
Thanks.

Bill

Pm me or Txt me @ 215-528-3904

I was lazy, didn't want to go through the "adapting" other lights other than OEM & I was very close minded... until I bought a used bulb on ebay for $150.00 & after receiving it & installing it the darn bulb didn't work. I got my money back but I was pissed! Spent another few days with one light out at night while I waited for my aftermarket set & the DLF adaptors to arrive. Needless to say I couldn't be happier.

Bought 2 sets, one for my prairie tan & one for my '93. My black '97 still has OEM bulbs. Since I still own the LSC headlamps from my '93, I have a spare set of HID lights/ballasts. The day my black '97 starts giving me issues with the bulbs... "You're outta there!" :D

I have an OEM 9500 HID bulb that I'm not sure about. It has a black mark on the ground(?) strap near the arc tube, it worked when pulled, but I wouldn't expect it to last forever. I'll send it to anyone who may want it or who can test it for resale for five dollars plus actual shipping cost. Should anyone want it, PM me.

DDMTuning.com buy the 5000k 35w kit. and also buy DLF delron adapters. Will probably be about the same cost as replacing the bulb once, and everything from ddmtuning has a lifetime warranty. I run their kits in all of my cars, and even my motorcycle.

From what i've seen with hid temp/watt choice. I bought 6000k 55w and 4500k 35w kit. I tested 6000k 55w and it was too blue. I tested 4500k at 35w and it was still slightly blue compared to my OEM bulb. If you want OEM the color of 4500k with 55w seemed the best. If you want just a light blue 35w with 4500k should be fine. Don't ever listen to the "add 1000k for 55w ballast" rule. All these bulbs were bought from ddmtuning. I have the 35w with 4500k in my mark(which i may move up to 55w later). I am getting the 6000k exchanged with 4500k with 55w for my town car and 97 mark viii. Just my experience. BTW I have my original kit which i wanted to remove before they got bad. They were both still working great since I never do night time driving. But I wanted to keep them hence I removed them for aftermarket.

I am hating DDM right now. Cant even ship color matched lamps. I am sure I am in the minority though. Jumping through hoops to get new lamps now.

5000k is the "new" oem for some by the way. Its closest to sunlight.

Ddm hid kit

i like mine - going strong in my 94

bunny.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back