Your Biggest Bug About Your LS

You are free to join elsewhere if its too much to handle.

Good luck. I agree with the rest of your post as well. I'm here more to kickback and talk LS stuff and contribute where I can, or can't, which muddies up the threads but wth right? Any contribution helps because you're not the only one with the question.

I chose to join LVC because it kept coming up in my search for info on the car. I enjoy good banter and need good info for tips / fixes but it pissed me off from the git go that my first post gets condescending replies about using the search engine and a BS YouTube video from the forum troll (who now says don't feed the trolls)...

see this is what is wrong with America today, you spoon feed them all of the knowledge in the world and even then they can find a way to complain about it.

i assume that you are referring to this thread of yours
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=84595
correct, and I'm pretty sure you asked for
Hey guys, quick down and dirty since I'm late for bed...
...Any help, tips or warnings are appreciated...

so did you ask for tips and or warnings about the car??? because I'm pretty sure that I did you huge solid by saving you tons of time wading through tons and tons of pages (which by the way, could only help your knowledge of this car) because the first two links are two of the best quick (requirement #1 requested) info spots about everything important having to do with an LS from every single major common problem a potential buyer (thats you in that case) should A: know about, B: look into with any and every LS they are considering buying.

as far as telling you if buying that car is a good ideal or not, who knows, one would have to know what exactly to look for in person with the car in front of them, and while i cant look at that car for you, I figured the least i could do was to let you know what exactly to look for and maybe even what to expect if you did go through with the purchace. god know that there are some problems that with the exception of a few statistical anomaly, every one will have to deal with and i would personally like to know what expensive repairs i'm going to have to make and factor that in to if i want to buy the car or not.

if you where too butt hurt about the youtube joke, I'm sorry, I didnt mean to hurt your feelings. i just assumed by you ultra rookie first question meant that you may not have been familiar with a lot of other forums, and you may not be familiar with how every thing works (searching, tech docs, stickies...) so i figured the easiest way to show you (at least for me, I'm more of a visual learner anyways) a short and humorous video. I know in my early days of getting on forums, I didn't have a clue until one of the older guys hit me with that video and it cracked me up, also learned what not to do to keep from clogging up the place. so if you cant take a good joke along with your answers and your welcome, then I believe I'm going to have to retract that welcome.

a simple thank you would have been nice :rolleyes:

I am also very sorry that i wanted to help you out some more and tried to answer another one of your question in that thread for you when you asked how to remove your smashed wood piece, god what an ass i must be.

looking back now, you really should have know better as a moderator how to look around and find the info you need inside any forum. shame on you. (wags finger)

Wow, what a bunch of Springer guests we have on this thread. Can somebody throw a chair? Please do go on, it's been worth a laugh or two so far. :D

funny-pictures-fighting-jerry-springer-cats.jpg

Additionally, the biggest bug about my LS is that I place it in front of other things far too often. I need to be healed!

a simple thank you would have been nice :rolleyes:

I am also very sorry that i wanted to help you out some more and tried to answer another one of your question in that thread for you when you asked how to remove your smashed wood piece, god what an ass i must be.

(Public apology warning)

Thanks for the help and tough love :slap:
Both sincerely appreciated after reading your above post and thinking it through.

(Public apology warning)

Thanks for the help and tough love :slap:
Both sincerely appreciated after reading your above post and thinking it through.

Not that makes a difference, but I like your "stand up and own it". Good sh** indeed.

no worries. its all good!

I used to just offer help all the time, then i got burnt out answering all the same questions over and over, so i had to shut down for awhile and went into full search nazi mode. then after awhile my heart was able to defrost a little bit so now I offer the help and throw a little smart ass in there to keep it spicy :D

I would also like to reinstate that welcome! ;)

oh crap, this thread reminded me, I need to order a set of those damn rear adjustable links!

so back to the topic at hand, rear adjustable links!

The thing I hate the most is when the car overheats it just keeps overheating and the fact when you turn on the rear defogger the radio has static so bad you can hear anything.

The thing I hate the most is when the car overheats it just keeps overheating

this isn't so much a bug with the car, you have a problem that needs to be addressed. more than likely, you have a small leak in your cooling system which is letting air in which is causing your overheating symptom. find the leak, replace the faulty part (and every other plastic part) and bleed correctly.

#3 ~ The auto-open feature for the windows & sunroof with the key fob

#2 ~ Throttle reponse, unpredictable at times

and last but not least

#1 ~ Electrical system! Leaving my sirius on for 2 days or more kills the battery

1. Transmission is pretty crappy, first gear is too long, second is too short, shifts not very smooth, doesn't respond very well.

This car could really use the 6 speed auto ZF from 03+ S-type Jaguar.

2. The trunk carpets are awfull, if any of you have ever taken them off then you know what I am talking about.

3. Too much cheap plastic, mostly under the hood.

Other than that I love this car. Would definitely buy another one.

The cruise control icon doesn't dim with the rest of the dash lights.

The fact that hedders are $700, and every repair seems to be expensive to fix. Dealer only parts..... Need I say more?

But, I love this car. Wouldn't trade it for the world.

The biggest complaint I have is theres no aftermarket for the ls. The little aftermarket there is for it is retardedly priced, oh well guess I'm used to my old car mits gsx.

We will find salvation for our aftermarket needs within the T-Bird aftermarket.

http://www.thunderbirdconcepts.com/index.htm

Not perfect but it's there. I am very confident we will have resources for the LS for years to come. I am actually doing some research on the Jaguar XF to see if there are any common components since they use the same platform. I am seeing $$$$ floating over my head though. Also looking into the S-Type enthusiast arena. There are actually S-Type owners looking for LS components for their cars. That's a good sign.

1. Transmission is pretty crappy, first gear is too long, second is too short, shifts not very smooth, doesn't respond very well.

This car could really use the 6 speed auto ZF from 03+ S-type Jaguar.

2. The trunk carpets are awfull, if any of you have ever taken them off then you know what I am talking about.

3. Too much cheap plastic, mostly under the hood.

Other than that I love this car. Would definitely buy another one.

I would kill to have a longer first gear!! 3rd really needs more room for the freeway.

I am actually doing some research on the Jaguar XF to see if there are any common components since they use the same platform. I am seeing $$$$ floating over my head though. Also looking into the S-Type enthusiast arena. There are actually S-Type owners looking for LS components for their cars. That's a good sign.

Not likely as the XF takes it's suspension and mounting points from the XK.

Members online

No members online now.
Back