Your Biggest Bug About Your LS

I could be wrong but I think you mean a pool. Smh.

What a dumbass. Sure you are not username JVIP reincarnated?

Besides the fact that it's over engineered...

I have a hole in the front of the driver's seat (like I had a knife poking out my back and sat down), a couple dings, rust spots on my trunk lid, and the worst of all is lack of respect for what she is. I'm still bitter about my roommate thinking his GP can take it, then I move into school and one of my fellow brethren is thinking his bone stock Focus can take it at a track. I know both cars are terds but c'mon man!

You mean barrel right? *Double facepalm*

;)

You are wrong, I said pond. 1/4 sticks are cheap and effective.
You should watch that thinking stuff you might hurt yourself.

To BigRig: I'm just carrying on my complaint by responding to his complaint.;)

;)

Actually I'd like to watch you fish with quarters. I'm sure the catfish would appreciate the good feed. :eek:

I would like to add one more complaint about my LS. It's caused me to associate with some real prize winners. Over in the Chevy world everyone is respectful and tries to help one another, but here in LS-land you have to sort through a lot of crap to find useful information, such as the crap in this thread. It's not a serious complaint, but seeing as the point of the thread is complaints about the LS...

;)

You would never "complain" in a complaint thread. Now would you?

but here in LS-land you have to sort through a lot of crap to find useful information, such as the crap in this thread. It's not a serious complaint, but seeing as the point of the thread is complaints about the LS...

Hey we agree on something. Now if you would just stop the whimpering, we could get about the business of cars.

Hey we agree on something. Now if you would just stop the whimpering, we could get about the business of cars.

We may agree on the problem, but not the source. The source of the problem can be found in a mirror. Go check it out, Ace.

I am disappointed in the quality of the members and the complete lack of moderation on this forum. Sad that a Lincoln is supposed to be a higher end more refined automobile but this forum still attract argumentative dip weeds...

I will edit this to add that it appears the little triangle with the exclamation mark under a users name does work to report a inappropriate post and would recommend using it to help quiet the noise makers...

Last edited:
I am disappointed in the quality of the members and the complete lack of moderation on this forum. Sad that a Lincoln is supposed to be a higher end more refined automobile but this forum still attract argumentative dip weeds...

Well, we prefer to not censor every little comment and hope people can be adult about things.

Well, we prefer to not censor every little comment and hope people can be adult about things.

Thanks for the support. The fellow has 163 posts in two years but 11 and counting on this thread just picking fights seems to warrant clicking 'report'.

Jamie

I will edit this to add that it appears the little triangle with the exclamation mark under a users name does work to report a inappropriate post and would recommend using it to help quiet the noise makers...

As long as posts do not deteriorate to threats of violence or excessively verbally abusive posts, bantering will always happen and be part of forums.

Thanks for the support. The fellow has 163 posts in two years but 11 and counting on this thread just picking fights seems to warrant clicking 'report'.

Jamie

Who me? You talkin' about me?
Ok guys, Mr. Maturity just stepped in and interjected. It's time I sheepishly walk away.:gr_devil:
BTW...look at my post count now....if your counting.

and this is what makes this forum so much better than the rest! unlike the other ones where you get banned for just about everything.

i surely didn't see anything "report" worthy, jeezh, if i wanted to be told what to think i would just move to China (or maybe California :shifty: )

there is definitely two rules when venturing out on to the internet, dont poke the bears, and no feeding the damn trolls! cross that line and you should know what happens next...

Wicked is going to make like a tree and leave, as soon as he shoots some of those fish in the pond, because he's between a rock and a hard-on.

... or something.

Failed use of colloquialisms are still funny :)

tsk, tsk, tsk.

Shooting fish in a "barrel" is an idiom, describing an effortless or simple action, with guaranteed success.

Before the days of refrigeration, fish were packed and stored in large barrels. The barrels were packed to the rim full of fish.
Any shot that entered the barrel would hit at least one of them. Thus nothing can be easier than shooting fish in a barrel.

it's a turkey shoot

... and he's right !

:D

and this is what makes this forum so much better than the rest! Unlike the other ones where you get banned for just about everything.

I surely didn't see anything "report" worthy, jeezh, if i wanted to be told what to think i would just move to china (or maybe california :shifty: )

there is definitely two rules when venturing out on to the internet, dont poke the bears, and no feeding the damn trolls! Cross that line and you should know what happens next...

+1.

1LoudLS makes a very good point about not feeding the trolls, which I'm embarrassed to say I'm guilty of on this thread. I think I'll start ignoring the troll.

Sorry for the misunderstanding :rolleyes:

In this thread I don't see much banter, just a lot of petty bickering and personal attacks to the point it derails the thread (just like so many other threads).

I moderate here http://www.fordification.com/forum/index.php

Maybe I'm spoiled because we have some ground rules and fellows who want to be part of the forum follow them. Other than spammers I think we've only had two guys get banned in the last six years.

I chose to join LVC because it kept coming up in my search for info on the car. I enjoy good banter and need good info for tips / fixes but it pissed me off from the git go that my first post gets condescending replies about using the search engine and a BS YouTube video from the forum troll (who now says don't feed the trolls)...

If there is a better option, let me know because honestly this forum community isn't that great.

I willingly admit that Wicked got under my skin with the maintain / money comment. And if someone attempts to infer that there are not some exceptionally well taken care of LSes on here, I will probably speak up again. Hope it won't bother you too bad, but it more than likely could occur again in the future.

As far as your feelings toward Loud, that is for you and Loud to discuss(or not). Not sure why the lightweight slam toward the LVC Admin group by plugging your own credentials but to each his own on how forums are managed.

Anyway, I see you have updated your thread this morning so it appears your LS is legal(congrats) and life goes on.....as always.

No hard feelings on my end. Hell, I still stand by my offer to swing by the next time I am headed to Martinsburg. :)

And I still vote for you to put 4" tips on that car of yours. ;)

Marcredd, no pain, no gain. :) Lord only knows this car seems to be becoming a labor of love.

IMHO Loud's welcome on my thread was uncalled for and I can only imagine how many prospective community members leave or just don't join because of crap like that. The rest of the bickering makes it very difficult to glean good info from the 'help me' threads.

No real jam at the mods here, this site's forum section covers a huge assortment of cars although there's only a couple really active sub-forums.

I will add to my list of bugs the stupid window regulator setup since my rear window is doing it's own thing today...

Cheers and 4" tips for all (maybe),
Jamie

I hate to get somewhat back on topic here.... :rolleyes:

Mine never does.......

The tone I get in my '06 the first time I hit ~2800rpm after engine start. It seems to only affect the driver's front speaker, hmmmmmm.....

Is this a high-pitched tone, almost like a warning sound? I hear this too - never had it in my '02 and had no idea if it was there on my "new" car from Day 1 or it happened sometime after that???

I hate to get somewhat back on topic here.... :rolleyes:

Is this a high-pitched tone, almost like a warning sound? I hear this too - never had it in my '02 and had no idea if it was there on my "new" car from Day 1 or it happened sometime after that???

Maybe....... Lincoln says it's "normal" and no further action needs be done. They say it is a "conflict" between the NAV system and a self-check the ABS runs. It seems to be isolated the left front speaker.

Sorry for the misunderstanding :rolleyes:

In this thread I don't see much banter, just a lot of petty bickering and personal attacks to the point it derails the thread (just like so many other threads).

I moderate here http://www.fordification.com/forum/index.php

Maybe I'm spoiled because we have some ground rules and fellows who want to be part of the forum follow them. Other than spammers I think we've only had two guys get banned in the last six years.

I chose to join LVC because it kept coming up in my search for info on the car. I enjoy good banter and need good info for tips / fixes but it pissed me off from the git go that my first post gets condescending replies about using the search engine and a BS YouTube video from the forum troll (who now says don't feed the trolls)...

If there is a better option, let me know because honestly this forum community isn't that great.

Well this community is great frankly and we jump on new members because we have had multiple accounts created by previously banned members who were total ****s and got under our skin.

Gotta have a tough skin around here....we dont ban freely and we dont have tons of rules to follow like other forums. I dont like the idea of rules when im posting after a long day at work.

The best information for the LS is found here on this forum, and several of the guys are experts quite frankly.

You are free to join elsewhere if its too much to handle.

Members online

Back