Window Tint

hinzy

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on doing some sort of tinting very soon

The legal limit is 50% in MN..... since I dont think that is that dark at all it got me thinking about reflective tint (mirror look)

I've been looking through a ton of pics on here since I joined and I don't recall seeing anyone with reflective tint.

I have an '05 Silver LSE and just trying to picture what it would look like, or if I should just take the chance and go 35% ??

Does anyone know of any pics so I can see what it would look like?

How is sits currently

2-1.gif

Even 35% is very light during those sunny days.

1+.

I had 35 on my last ls and it was not dark enough. This time I'm going with 20. It is illegal here but if you have a note from your eye doctor saying your eyes are sensitive to light you can get a special plate on your car and have however dark you want. That's my plan.

Don't go 50. That's pretty much pointless. :/

Even 35% is very light during those sunny days.

I agree, but I can't get too crazy or I'll just draw even more attention.... And I don't need any more attention than I already get from local PD.

Also remember that interiour color plays a role. 20% on a tan interiour will be similiar to 35% on a black interiour.

Imho, 50% would be a waste of money.

Don't go 50. That's pretty much pointless. :/

Also remember that interiour color plays a role. 20% on a tan interiour will be similiar to 35% on a black interiour.

Imho, 50% would be a waste of money.

Yeah, I wont be doing 50%, I don't see the point

After looking at some other cars with reflective, I think I'm going with just black tint. If the door pillars were also silver I dont think reflective would look too bad, but with the black pillars breaking it up I think black tint will look better.

I have a black interior BTW.....

Look up the llumar air blue tint pics on the forum. Someone had it put on their windshield.

It was like 85% or something, and reduced a considerable amount of heat and UV rays, but im not sure about IR, which is that hot feeling on your face and arms from the sun. LLumars website doesnt provide much more than a statement saying it protects against IR, but no given %.

In california, we can tint up to 5% on the back windshield and the two back windows provided we have mirrors. We can not tint the windshield or the front two windows. So i have been thinking of getting the llumar air blue tint to cut down on heat and protect the interior, and keep from getting those damn tint tickets because it doesnt look like tint. It looks almost factory.

If you just want it dark so people cant see inside, thats different. But if you want to keep your interior cooler, and stay legal, go with a ceramic tint.

Please, stay away from the reflective tint. It's cheap and ugly.
20% all around and you're good.

20 or 15% is the way to go. If you think the cops will hassle you go 20%.

Mine is 15% with 5% as a window banner and I could not be happier.

Another consideration is the type of tint that will not interfere with radio reception antenna in the rear window.

If you're going to get pulled over for tint, you're going to get pulled over for tint. That's what I told myself. If you're going to pay to have it done and just tip toe on the border of the cave you might as well just black it the hell out. Then again, 20% won't look bad as long as it matches all around.

It's not easy getting that doctor's note. If it was, everyone would have one. I've heard that you first have to get the note, go to SoS, they put a restriction on your license, with that restriction you can then have your windows tinted. The note may include what percentage you can get. SoS isn't stupid, there is no reason for your "double limo" on a car that isn't just for show.

If you're going to get pulled over for tint, you're going to get pulled over for tint. That's what I told myself. If you're going to pay to have it done and just tip toe on the border of the cave you might as well just black it the hell out. Then again, 20% won't look bad as long as it matches all around.

It's not easy getting that doctor's note. If it was, everyone would have one. I've heard that you first have to get the note, go to SoS, they put a restriction on your license, with that restriction you can then have your windows tinted. The note may include what percentage you can get. SoS isn't stupid, there is no reason for your "double limo" on a car that isn't just for show.

Yeah... I got a quote for $180 to do all 4 windows and the rear in 20%

Figured I would just go with it

not true at all, I know a LOT of cars that have tinted windows, right near the edge of legal, very few have ever been pulled over for the tint. then there is a few that just dont give a sh!t, full black, and every one of them gets pulled over ALL THE TIME!!! i know one guy that get a ticket about every three months, pay it and never has to get it taken care of.

That was half jokingly when I said it. Both my brother's had problems with dark tint, an SRT-4 and a GTO. So when I took the ol gal in to get it done I was tossing around the idea of not blacking out but opted not too because it seemed like in my area you were getting pulled over for it regardless of how dark it was.

I know that it depends on how well they enforce it and it differs from cop to cop. Btw, seeing you're from the mitt, would you happen to know how much it is to "pay to play"? Never knew anyone that did it that way; they'd just rip the tint out.

This is a royal pita from a phone.

would you happen to know how much it is to "pay to play"? Never knew anyone that did it that way; they'd just rip the tint out.

bout $60, turns out to be right about the same price as having the tint pulled off and put back on later. also saves time, just sending a check in vs. pulling the tint off, going to the court house to show its been fixed, then waiting for it to get put back on (and the week you cant use your windows)

also after a certian point i think they just stop writing fix-it tickets, dont know what that does to your driving record, but it cant look good!

also after a certian point i think they just stop writing fix-it tickets, dont know what that does to your driving record, but it cant look good!

Down here that's a non-moving violation so it's just a civil penalty. A fund-raiser basically. Insurance doesn't car about those. They just want to know about the moving violations like wrecks, speeding, etc.

Find an eye doctor that will write you a prescription for tint! That's what I did and i have 20% and I live in apple valley just south of the cities.

Find an eye doctor that will write you a prescription for tint!

i wish it was that easy, ive been trying different doctors for years with no luck, its easier to get a marijuana card than to find a doctor that will help a brother not get major headaches all the time.

The script I have says Photophobia right on it. States that dark tint is needed on front two windows and the entire front windshield. State boys hate it when they read it and have to tell me to have a nice day.

Members online

No members online now.
Back