Finally finished

dbleb88

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I finally finished detailing under the hood of my 98 LSC. Cleaned, powdercoated, cleared and polished, whew! Think it looks pretty nice but will have to see how long it stays that way. Alot of work but I feel it was worth it. Have no idea why Lincoln never clearcoated under the hood, maybe the heat. I guess I'll find out. Thanx Bruce

100_0199.jpg

100_0200.jpg

100_0201.jpg

100_0202.jpg

100_0203.jpg

I finally finished detailing under the hood of my 98 LSC. Cleaned, powdercoated, cleared and polished, whew! Think it looks pretty nice but will have to see how long it stays that way. Alot of work but I feel it was worth it. Have no idea why Lincoln never clearcoated under the hood, maybe the heat. I guess I'll find out. Thanx Bruce

Spill the beans, what paint, clearcoat, etc... did you use? I want to do that to my black 97.

finally

Ok here we go; Took a spare intake that I had and sandblasted it, took a wire wheel to it inside and outside, had it powdercoated silver gray and then powdercoat clear. Had to take the t/b and tape it up to keep the inside clean than wire wheeled that, painted with silver engine enamel over self etching primer than used plasticote clear engine enamel on it. Took the egr valve and painted the hot side with silver VHT hitemp paint and used 500 degree black caliper paint on the diaphram section. Decarboned the imrc's and replaced the shaft bushings, new intake gaskets upper and lower, and a new Motorcraft idle control motor and put it all back together. The car is definately smoother and idles like it just left the factory. The throttle response seems better but that might just be in my head, I am old ! For the under hood area I wiped down all the original factory paint with lacquer thinner which cleaned it and also softened it a little so the clearcoat would bite into it better. After removing what I could I masked off the rest and rattlecanned it with SEMS acrylic clear lacquer, a great product. I used the caliper paint and a small brush to touch up all the bolt heads and brackets I could and repainted the factory pulleys and balancer. Finally I used Turtle Wax black plastic restorer on all the underhood plastic, another great product. My girlfriend thinks I am nuts and she is more than likely correct. Thanx for all the great comments and who says I don't have a life !! Thanx Bruce

Members online

Back