Since a few of you were buggin' me..

NYC LS8

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Here's some pictures of the '08 550i M Sport I picked up a coupla weeks ago to replace the SRT8. It's not technically known as the M Sport as they came out the year after mine, I believe, but it's got all the M Tech stuff on it - body kit, M steering wheel, sport suspension, 19s, etc.

They're all pictures that the dealer had on his site, along with a picture of someone else's 545i and the exhaust set up that mine is getting (same mufflers, just different tips). Just waiting on the rear diffuser to show up (I'll attach a picture of that part, too). Not too crazy about it being carbon fiber, but that's all I could find and I got tired of looking.

Has pretty much everything in it except the HUD. Even had an aftermarket air filter installed to my surprise. Has an AC Schnitzer rear wing as well. The stuff I've done so far is in the signature. Not really going to do much more to this one, except maybe some different wheels - found a set of VMR VB3s that are pretty sick looking in that hyper black color - and swapping out the stock rotors and calipers for an M5 set-up.

Here's a vid from the guy's exhaust picture and what it should sound like when done:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_Izb-8scszA

:)

$(KGrHqF,!oUE9dIWN!1wBPbL7YRqM!~~_4.JPG

$(KGrHqFHJEgE8oY,p!UjBPbL7EmJ,w~~_4.JPG

$(KGrHqJ,!q0E88giG0NmBPbL7OgW3w~~_4.JPG

$(KGrHqN,!pME9o+dPjG8BPbL7Q,TBg~~_4.JPG

$(KGrHqR,!nQE9gF4Zen9BPbL7NO(!g~~_4.JPG

$(KGrHqV,!icE9eeEMJY3BPbL7ZCeC!~~_4.JPG

$(KGrHqV,!lUE9mmZ3TW9BPbL7,tBl!~~_4.JPG

$(KGrHqNHJDME9!S2DbW)BPbL7iWo+!~~_4.JPG

$(KGrHqVHJCEE9EGdKqp)BPbL8IvFeQ~~_4.JPG

b85256c3897f1521bb407b0426330a80.jpg

DSCN8925sml.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Thanks, marcredd. :)

I wasn't either until I drove it. One hell of a car. Makes less power than my SRT8 did, but it never lacks for power, handles like it's on rails. Completely like nothing else I've driven before. The Germans sure know how to make a car. lol

Thanks, and yes, I think so. But that could be because I'm 2.5 years removed from an LS that I forgot. lol

Damn. I wasn't a big BMW person till now...
that because you rarely ever see any of the good ones running around A2, its always rich students driving basic 3's around campus
Nice indeed. Handles better than the LS??
bet on it, that has always been where BMW shines, while the LS handles great, its because it was designed just like one, Ford wanted to steal customers away from BMW, so they copied it. pushed the wheels out toward the ends of the car, and figured out how to balance a car (little things like a trunk mounted battery)

not too mention it an 08, and the LS was competing with m5 when it came out in 2000, and there was not huge improvements made through the end.

That is one fine machine , it really is. i bet your glad to have a proper German now instead of some half bread LOL (well you did have an LS so maybe that your thing :p).

Looks very nice. Seems like the previous owner took care of it - it's in good shape.

Planning on keeping the black kidney grills?

Thanks, 05. Yes, they're definitely staying. I'm not a chrome fan (if you couldn't tell by the LS and SRT8 :D)

BMWvslincolnvscadillac.com ???

sorry but IMO, everyone and their sister owns a Beemer,
try counting them in traffic, there everywhere.
meanwhile it's hard to spot a Lincon LS on the same roads.

I'm happy for you, and yes it is a nice looking ride, however "wrong" forum !

(no harm intended)

Thanks, 05. Yes, they're definitely staying. I'm not a chrome fan (if you couldn't tell by the LS and SRT8 :D)

The LS i do remember, not a piece of chrome on it.

Now that you have owned the car for a bit, will you replace the Bimmer with anything American made?

I personally have been exposed to a lot of German/British cars lately and i think they are worth every penny.

that because you rarely ever see any of the good ones running around A2, its always rich students driving basic 3's around campus

Lol thats so true. I'm so sick of seeing 3s, especially since most people driving them in A2 don't freaking know how to drive...

(no harm intended)

get out of here! NYC is still a respected member of the community. Who are you?

and read the title, the only reason he made the thread was because some of us were bugging him to do so, including myself.

and lets be honest. If you had the opportunity, you wouldn't drive a bimmer over an LS? LOL you're full of BS.

(no harm intended)

LOL

I'll leave it at that since you're a new dude here.

The LS i do remember, not a piece of chrome on it.

Now that you have owned the car for a bit, will you replace the Bimmer with anything American made?

I personally have been exposed to a lot of German/British cars lately and i think they are worth every penny.

Well, wait. I had the LSE grille on it. So, there was some chrome on it. lol

I might look into the newer 300 SRT8 in a coupla years. We'll see, though. Still a little too early to talk about a replacement. :D

Awesome looking car, inside and out!

and read the title, the only reason he made the thread was because some of us were bugging him to do so, including myself.

and lets be honest. If you had the opportunity, you wouldn't drive a bimmer over an LS? LOL you're full of BS.

Thanks, dude. Not sure when you're heading to KC's for the exhaust, but I hope to be there for mine either next Friday or Saturday. Just waiting on this damn diffuser to show up. I'll PM ya if I'll be there and when.

Nice ride.

I can dig it, looks like dealer photos and your mods are not there yet.

I am glad you are updating the rings, I cringe everytime I see yellow rings on the bmw's - so awful.

Are you going to add tint? Looks like a fish bowl ATM. The CF diffuser is going to be sick, great choice.

Overall it is a little generic looking IMO (I feel a lot of newer cars copied this style from BMW and general 'new' cars with the overly smooth lines and bleeding lights tot he sides. However, it looks like you're making yours unique so that is good.

I remember back in the day when you heard someone say 'I drive a BMW' it actually could mean they have money - not anymore, they're everywhere! (at least the cheaper series' models)

Not sure when you're heading to KC's for the exhaust, but I hope to be there for mine either next Friday or Saturday. Just waiting on this damn diffuser to show up. I'll PM ya if I'll be there and when.

I thought he didn't work saturdays? i went one saturday not knowing and the guy working the pump said he didn't work weekends :confused: Maybe its a friend thing LOL

anyway, i have to return my tips because apparently Summit sent me the wrong ones, so hopefully that doesn't take long. I think the bassanis came in today, got a notification from my school's post office but i didn't bother to go look because it was already too late to make it to KCs.

And yea def let me know, would love to see that beast.

I agree that too many of these are seen on the road. However, if one were to really take a closer look, he would see the 550 is quite rare. The problem is there is the 528, the 530, the 535, the 540, the 545, and the 550 besides the M5 itself. To the un-trained eye these vehicles would look the same. Amazing the class change. I fell in love with the LS because it reminded me of the E34 I never had the privelidge to own. The 5s are so much bigger now.

Settle down !!!

I mentioned (no harm intended) didn't I ?

... and sure I would drive a BMW, didn't say I wouldn't.

not a "real" big fan cuz I see way too many Beemers out there.

He got himself a nice ride for sure, didn't say he did not.

Jealous ? sure that could be it to, it's very nice looking.

Who am I ? ... OK, now that there, qualifies you for the one finger salute !

Members online

No members online now.
Back