Whats with all the Cobra emblems?

Preaching to the choir my friend. Im on the hunt for a Mark and will be shooting for your record. Tired of shifting gears and getting new fillings.

You better watch out I own the fastest Mark 8 in the WORLD!! Thats right in the WORLD. (with March ram air):D

Cobrastars are one of the best appearance mods you can make on a Mark VIII. I wouldn't put one on a stock car though. If you have them you should be able to back it up to a certain extent.

I think tomorrow I'll shoot myself in the foot with my 12ga.

That's about as reverent a statement as your,
"yet we're on page 2 blah blah blah ......."

Well what is the record for a N/A Mark. Anywhere
And no, Southeast.

And my reply again :)
I haven't set any records yet. My car is still slow.

DLF holds the NA record for the Gen2 Marks. I am right behind him. Actually ,before his 13.472 run we were literally within a hundredth. He ran a 13.590 to my 13.591 LOL, but those days are over and he's moved up and I am dealing with suspension and tuning issues before spring. I think we both believe that the Gen2s can perform even better and neither one of us are done quite yet with the NA game. Up until this point, no one has ran our times in a Gen2. Just a little history for ya in case you were wanting to know. I think I can say with confidence there is no other midwest Mark VIII running my time NA. Key words: Gen2, NA, and midwest ;) That is the only record I hold at this point and it is a play on words I will admit LOL

And in case you were wondering, Gen2s are the 97-98 models, which have always been slower than the Gen1s out of the box. I am just simply on a mission to prove that is not the case with a proper setup. I am finding it fun and challenging to prove to people something can be done that has never been done before and maybe encourage some of the Gen2 guys to take the extra steps needed if they want to go fast too in naturally aspirated form. After all, we are one big happy family right? :) And I am a firm believer in the Cobra intake. You can have the badges back if you want but I'll keep the intake. :)

The 96-98 Cobras ran low 14s in the 1/4 mile. If the car was modded, it might be a different story. I beat an 08 GT at the track this last year pass, after pass, after pass, and those are even quicker yet in stock form. I guess I just know how to drive. :D

:confused:

My bone stock '98 Cobra ran 13.8's on street tires and 13.5's on DR's.

:confused:

My bone stock '98 Cobra ran 13.8's on street tires and 13.5's on DR's.

And you run 1.8 short times in an NA Mark VIII. You would be considered a good driver. ;) Tell me that you haven't seen cars that are supposed to run one time run a worse time at the track. I'm sure you have. Like the 2008 Mustang GT that I saw running 14.3-14.4s and the 97 Cobra that I saw running 14.0s all day long. :)

Well versed in all mod engines and Mustangs and Marks. I want to find a really cheap gen 2, like blown motor cheap, and go the Na route with a bottle for backup. A 12 second slip would be the goal before the bottle.

Well versed in all mod engines and Mustangs and Marks. I want to find a really cheap gen 2, like blown motor cheap, and go the Na route with a bottle for backup. A 12 second slip would be the goal before the bottle.

I can think of a few things right away:

4.56 gears
3800 stall or higher
Cobra intake (must on a Gen2 IMO)
Aftermarket cams
and a cold day ;)

And that's just to name a few. Go aggressive on the holeshot mods (gears and stall) or the rest is a waste of time in my opinion. You won't get there if it doesn't get a swift kick in its ass at the starting line. Mustangs can run highway gears and be quick. Not the case in our cars as I'm sure you know by comparing curb weight. ;)

You bought it because its different and then you go and put snakes on it like every other mustang?QUOTE]
You were answered many times and with pictures. They are Cobra Stars. You would be better off to read more and talk less.

cobrastars.jpg

As the guys said the engine was first used in the mark VIII....so it could be argued that cobras have mark motors not the other way around.

And the Cobrastar stands for Lincoln Performance....i have them on my LS and i dont give a :q:q:q:q what anyone thinks because i paid for them and for my car. So if you want to rip into these guys who actually have teksid blocks then you must really hate me for having them on mine.

I see more V6 mustangs than i do cobras....and that doesnt even matter anymore because a new 6 banger mustang can run with previous gen GT's and hang with cobras even if they are blown. I wont even get into the coyotes.

Members online

No members online now.
Back