2006 Designer Series Town Car

driller

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
A few weeks back I was at the Pittsburgh International Auto Show. One of the gems at the Lincoln display was the last of the Lincoln Town Car.

mini-DSC00429.jpg

mini-DSC00428.jpg

mini-DSC00427.jpg

I found this at the local FLM dealer...

mini-DSC00474.jpg

mini-DSC00476.jpg

mini-DSC00475.jpg

A fully optioned 2006 Lincoln Town Car Designer Series with 3600 miles.

It now sits in my driveway. :D

More pics at my photo albums.

very nice looking TC. If you don't mind how much did you pay for it? Also does it have a DVD player on the rear head rest? need more info on this car. Again good buy

im thinkin of looking into getting one of those. still dont know if i want to go with a 04 marauder or stay with town car. or just keep my 96. too many options and not enough money. beautiful car though. just beautiful.

I was looking for a Marauder a couple years ago when we got the '02 TownCar which we traded in for the '06 Town Car.

I wasn't really looking to buy, I just stopped in to browse and test drove an '08 Shelby GT. Knowing I am a Lincolnholic, they also showed me the Town Car. For less than $30K difference with the '02 Town Car, I couldn't refuse the opportunity to 'upgrade'.

The DVD system with the dual headrest LCD screens and window tint were both dealer add-ons, everything else is factory optioned. The Designer series is a very, very fine automobile.

i was just on the lincoln website and i didnt see a navigation option for the new town car. it would be a shame that in the final years of its existence options slowly disappeared. maybe if they marketed them they would sell. you never see them in commercials. im finding more people are slowly realizing that the town car is much more reliable and comfortable than the dts.

i was just on the lincoln website and i didnt see a navigation option for the new town car. it would be a shame that in the final years of its existence options slowly disappeared. maybe if they marketed them they would sell. you never see them in commercials.

Correct, you can't get the 'Designer' series any more and a lot of the options have been dropped. It's a shame.

There were no other Town Cars on the dealer lot. the salesman didn't know if or when they would get any. He said they weren't selling well for obvious reasons.

My thinking was it was an opportunity of the decade. :D

@driller

You've found my dream car if only we could afford such a gem. It really is the ultimate keeper and you'll be hard pressed to ever find a car to replace it. Did the Designer Series only last for 2006 and what extra features does it add over the regular Signature cars?

I'll scout for one a couple of years when their bluebook price gets closer to my pocketbook...

Vic

Careful with the chrome and stainless steel on these Town Cars, all those parts are coated with clear plastic and subject to scratches if you're not careful.

soo they stopped making LTC's???? seriously? i dont think i ever want to own another kind of vehicle ever!!

I wasn't really looking to buy, I just stopped in to browse and test drove an '08 Shelby GT.
First Nice Car Driller. On a Fri evening in 2005 my wife and I went out to eat. on a whim after diner I asked if we could stop by the Ford dealer so I could look at the new Mustangs. When we got there all they had were standards (they were really hot then) and I stated The only way I would want a standard is if it was in a Cobra. And of course he said funny you should say that we have one that just became available would you like to drive it. Well I took it home that night

Members online

Back