Mpg?!?!

same here on the 14.5... but i know i need to replace VCG so maybe with new COPs it will get better.... hopefully

I stated in an earlier post 23 mpg mixed in an '06 LS8. Manual check says 21 mpg. My driving really favors the hwy. side but they are country roads that twist and wind (a fair amount of braking) and are around 45 mph. I have a cone filter, no resonators and a Magnaflow X pipe.

03 LS V8

My commute is about 10 miles of highway and about 10 miles of city, I don't beat on my car a ton, but I will turn that sucker loose passing on my two lane road.

I Average 19-20 MPG for that and can stretch it out to about 25 on a trip.

I reset recently on a full tank and have done city driving only.

At 15.2 MPG.

I guess I could add that when I was in West Virginia going along Highway 50 I was only getting around 13-14 MPG. Mountains play hell with the gas mileage.

I get about 14 city and 22 or 23 hwy. 02 LS8

I do like to try and race beemers :D

My latest fill-up yielded only 16.6MPG, with 90% city driving. Winter and winter blend gas sucks.

Smiling.... I got 26.2 with the new engine today on a 144 mile highway drive. Avg of about 75 mph. It dropped to 23.2 in the city but definite gains with a fresh 3.9 under the hood and new O2 sensors. Did I mention that I am smiling? Miles on engine now....195. ;)

I'm very happy that the lsx gets very similar mileage as a stock v8. It's still pretty bad though LOL.

What tire pressure are you high mpg fellas using. I can get some amazing mileage with 40psi per corner, but at the recommended 30psi, things go down hill fast

Depends on the price of fuel...

When premium is under $3.20/gal - I get great mileage, but when its over $4.00/gal my wife asks "Why did I buy a car that runs on premium when regular unleaded is $.50/gal cheeper?"
Thus my next car according to her is to be another Ford Taurus (have owned 5 Tauri & 1 gen1 SH:cool:...).

I say SH:cool:... she says no, SEL:eek:.... so I may go from 16-18 mpg to whatever an SEL gets...

When premium is under $3.20/gal - I get great mileage, but when its over $4.00/gal my wife asks "Why did I buy a car that runs on premium when regular unleaded is $.50/gal cheeper?"
Thus my next car according to her is to be another Ford Taurus (have owned 5 Tauri & 1 gen1 SH:cool:...).

I say SH:cool:... she says no, SEL:eek:.... so I may go from 16-18 mpg to whatever an SEL gets...

be sure to get the comfort pillow because your butt will get sore in those things. Not sure why they have such hard seats. My Taurus 24V dohv 3.0 ran like hell, for a v6, but the tranny was going out on it and I was looking at a $3k bill to keep it. Then one day, (miraculously) some fellow decided to pass me on the right as I was turning into a driveway/mini street, knocked me and the taurus over to the next street, (can I say Mr. Toad's Wild Ride), hence I ended up replacing it with the LS.

No payments, money from the taurus bought the LS.

But the LS seats are so much more comfortable. My skinny butt can take a days ride in it, where I would have been crippled in the Taurus (although a good car), still had hard seats.

Mileage isn't everything. But best of luck ;)

Oh by the way, it was my wife who suggested I get the LS, with all of it's faults. Now she drives it more than I do. Go figure...

In Canada (91 octane/winter gas/no ethanol) I was getting an average of 14.5 mpg. This was all city driving, no highway/expressway.

Moved to Texas (93 octane/10% ethanol) I've been getting 18.8 mpg. However my daily commute is almost entirely expressway, 70 mph with very few stops.

EDIT: 2002 V8 with 95,000 miles.

Non-stop in austin??

You must never drive thru rush hour. Last time took me an hour to get out of austin.

Non-stop in austin??

You must never drive thru rush hour. Last time took me an hour to get out of austin.

I have a really lucky commute, probably the only stretch of austin that doesn't get backed up. The key is to commute east/west, not north/south.

I just take the tollway now...upper and lower always seem to be packed.

Oh and the LS is amazing on road trips. I took it 600 miles down to San Antonio. Easy and comfortable drive.

Oh and the LS is amazing on road trips. I took it 600 miles down to San Antonio. Easy and comfortable drive.

Our longest single day drive (in the LS or otherwise) was around 900 miles. I could have driven more.....

Another tank at 17.8mpg. Lots of traffic, quite few wide open pulls to >110mph, some city and highway. Doesn't get more "combined" than that. The 2 days I drove it to work, it took me over an hour to go 46 miles....stop and go half the time.

That's how I got an LS...

be sure to get the comfort pillow because your butt will get sore in those things. Not sure why they have such hard seats. My Taurus 24V dohv 3.0 ran like hell, for a v6, but the tranny was going out on it and I was looking at a $3k bill to keep it. Then one day, (miraculously) some fellow decided to pass me on the right as I was turning into a driveway/mini street, knocked me and the taurus over to the next street, (can I say Mr. Toad's Wild Ride), hence I ended up replacing it with the LS.

No payments, money from the taurus bought the LS.

But the LS seats are so much more comfortable. My skinny butt can take a days ride in it, where I would have been crippled in the Taurus (although a good car), still had hard seats.

Mileage isn't everything. But best of luck ;)

Oh by the way, it was my wife who suggested I get the LS, with all of it's faults. Now she drives it more than I do. Go figure...

My wife drove my dad's black LSE to work one day 4 years ago & then decided "she" could get used to it instead of her 24V 3.0L Taurus SE.
I was then "instructed" to locate her a pearlescent white one "when I had a chance" or else...
(The last time she wanted a car, she went to the dealer w/o me & left with "the one" on the showroom floor, with no discount of any kind, plus an extended warranty, the maxi-package & the salesman called & wrote her for 10 years trying to get her back in to test drive the "new & improved" version. That was the end of her shopping for anything more than $100)
When I bought her last Taurus "we" had to fly to Miami to pick it up, & still bought it for $4000 less than an identical car in Atlanta, including airfare, hotels, meals, & the Key West detour. And she hates to go with me to buy anything!!?!!...
Thus I'm in charge of all negotiations over $500.
(I do not have any control over her QVC purchases & those QVC bastiches are on 24/7:Bang. They have a quick online order process that she has mastered & UPS leaves her packages in discrete brown boxes at the back door. Damn near broke my neck one evening, tripping over a bread maker (she still has not used) left @ the back door once when the porch light blew as I exited)
You have no idea how many products QVC sells that are only used once or twice, then get sent to storage to make room for the next one cup this or super fast that. We have 4 coffee makers, 4 crock pots, errr, my bad... slow cookers with & w/o electronic controls..., etc..., etc..., etc...
:slam

She drives it every day, but I'm supposed to "think " about the cinnamon colored Taurus SEL:rolleyes::eyeroll:

(I do not have any control over her QVC purchases & those QVC bastiches are on 24/7:Bang. They have a quick online order process that she has mastered & UPS leaves her packages in discrete brown boxes at the back door. Damn near broke my neck one evening, tripping over a bread maker (she still has not used) left @ the back door once when the porch light blew as I exited)
You have no idea how many products QVC sells that are only used once or twice, then get sent to storage to make room for the next one cup this or super fast that. We have 4 coffee makers, 4 crock pots, errr, my bad... slow cookers with & w/o electronic controls..., etc..., etc..., etc... [/SIZE]:slam

She drives it every day, but I'm supposed to "think " about the cinnamon colored Taurus SEL:rolleyes::eyeroll:

I have 2 words for you my friend... "Channel Block"

My wife likes MLM businesses... non have seemed to work, but there is always a new and friggin improved, guaranteed seller that keeps popping up. The pain in the A$$ is she's not getting this crap from TV, Not the Internet, but from (are you ready) "Friends".

I feel like I'm in a constant subway getting my pockets picked.

My mother always said, stay single and your pockets will jingle. I just had to be a stupid kid not to pick that up.

Same here with the mpg. I've only owned it since the 14th of Dec, and no lead foot what so ever. Mine is reading 16.1 at best and most 15.5 mpg, what is the best way to up the mpg's? Also the car was sitting for about 2.5 months before I bought it. Thanks for any help provided. Also most of my driving now is city, but plan on taking a trip to Dallas next month.

Members online

Back