Mpg?!?!

jerbear19

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
im wondering how many miles per gallon everyone is getting?? cause i have a feeling im not getting as many miles as i should be.
2004 LS8- 15.5
2000 LS8- 16.2
i dont no if anything wrong or not im not really an aggressive driver.
what is everyone getting cause it just doesnt seem right?
Thanks guys

Lately I've been averaging 17mpg. I drive about he same amout highway as city.

Sounds right. My wife is in the low 15s in her '06; mainly city driving.

Also thought it was pretty odd that I am getting better gas mileage I'm my 2000 than my 2004.

Well the 2004 does have more horsepower.

And im getting an avg of 14.2 right now in my 06 but its all city and not much highway. if i reset on the highway i get about 19mpg.

I average 18.5-19. I check every time I fill up. Mostly country roads with lots of curves. On long freeways trips I get 25-26.

+1. All highway as much as 26. Around 17-18 in the city depending on how much expressway I'm doing.

KS

In town it's around 17 on my '06. Over the road it's around 25-26.

When it goes to the track it's around 9 :)

I keep a detailed track of my driving. I write down the hwy mileage to get an accurate percentage of my city:highway driving ratio.

You can see my numbers here: http://www.fuelly.com/driver/m4rk/ls

~19MPG city, and ~24MPG mixed driving.

Some areas of the country, like where I live, have winter blend gas, and reduced mileage over summer blend.

'02 V8: 17 in the city when I'm having some fun, 18.5 when I'm careful
Around 22 to 23 for highway only, but that's at ~80mph.

15.5 certainly seems a bit low, unless you're really aggressive with it.

15.5 does sound low. My gen 1 with 207,000 was getting 18.9 in town but I was not known for dropping the hammer from stop light to stop light. And Black, how in the world are u driving yours to get 14.2 in town? LOL.

City: 17-18 mpg on standard gas, 15 on the "oxygenated" or extra-ethanol winter blend
Highway: 19 - 21

Between 4 fill ups in the LSx, I have a running average of 17.7. That's about 1,000 miles, countless 1/4 mile pulls, traffic, city, highway, twisty back roads, etc. I don't drive easy and usually cruise between 75-85 on the highway.

15.5 does sound low. My gen 1 with 207,000 was getting 18.9 in town but I was not known for dropping the hammer from stop light to stop light. And Black, how in the world are u driving yours to get 14.2 in town? LOL.

LOL....see my thread i just posted.

'02 V8: 17 in the city when I'm having some fun, 18.5 when I'm careful
Around 22 to 23 for highway only, but that's at ~80mph.

15.5 certainly seems a bit low, unless you're really aggressive with it.

Like I said earlier, my wife is in the mid-15s with 99% city driving. That is with her lead foot and our poor excuse for gasoline. The stuff with 10% ethanol will yield ~10% fewer miles per gallon as the ethanol has ~10% less energy. I get much better mileage on real gas than I do on that ethanol crap.

We're all 10% E here in NH, except for one station about 60 - 70 miles from me and they charge almost $5/gallon for the real stuff.

I manually checked my mileage and it looked to be 14.8mpg but the message center said 17.2

Not sure I trust the MC

Im averaging 19.7 right now and thats probably 50/50 city hwy.
Reset it on the hwy and after a 80 mile trip it showed 29.9

I'm fortunate to have 93 octane here at home. I went on a trip to STL last month and was getting 26 on the trip there and back. since then I haven't reset (so about 1000 on the MPG clock) and I seem to have stabilized at 19.2 with my normal mixture of highway to work and city driving.

actully pretty happy cause with not resetting the milage I can step on it and the MPG's don;t fall like a rock. Ignorance is bliss

thanks guys just thought something was wrong cause when i bought the cars the message centers were telling me that they were getting around 18mpg. but on the other hand both previous owners for both cars were older women. i guess they finally just have the driver they always wanted.

13-14mpg city, and I'm a very aggressive driver, 25-29mpg on the high way. I use cruise on the highway most of the time and I set it as 80mph

Members online

Back