Lowered LSes Heights & Equipement Used

RollinLS

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
We always have members wanting to know ride height with various equipement used. We have enough lowered members to start a baseline of information. Need to know what equipement was used: spirngs brand, cut coils, tire size, v6 or v8, etc.... Please measure from ground to bottom of fender all four corners. This topic should be pinned for future members. Thank you.:)

Eibach Spring Pro-Kit
245/35/19 tires
V8

Front driverside = 26 1/4"
Front passengerside = 26 1/4""
Rear driverside = 26"
Rear passengerside = 26"

About 150lbs worth of stereo equipement in the trunk.

Ride and handling is good. The wife says "it does ride "bit" rough". I don't notice. Speed bumps are NOT my friend. I try to avoid them at ALL cost.

%21cid__Lincoln_LS.jpg

Last edited:
Eibach pro kit. 1 coil cut front, 1/2 rear.

Tires: Front: P245/40R19 rear: P275/35R19

Ride height: front: 25.75" rear: 25.50"

IMAG1370.jpg

IMAG1378.jpg

IMAG1345.jpg

Stock '04 V8.
P235/50R17 Tires.
Full tank of gas.

Front Driver: 27 5/8"
Front Passenger: 27 1/2"
Rear Driver: 27 1/2"
Rear Passenger: 27 1/2"

Might need to check my tires here.

My wife's stock '06 LS with factory size tires and wheels has a ride height of 28" all the way around.

My '06 LS has 18" wheels wearing 245/45/18 tires. I have stock shocks and Eibach springs. Ride height is 26 1/2" all around.

Looks like between the springs and tires I have a 1 1/2" drop.

hopefully we can get some members with 20"s to post some info.... Also, please include any issues you have with ride quality (including if or when you bottom out).... This will be great info to reference :D ..... good work

V6 Euro shocks (installed 2009)

Eibachs (installed over the summer this year)

FL = 27" - this should drop once I re-installed the upper control arm, as the bushings are supposed to be preloaded before tightening the nuts.)
FR = 26.75"
RL = 26"
RR = 26"

hopefully we can get some members with 20"s to post some info.... Also, please include any issues you have with ride quality (including if or when you bottom out).... This will be great info to reference :D ..... good work

Good idea. I edit my info to include ride issues and handling.

Rollin,, I'm really glad you started this thread!! I've had a set of the pro springs in the garage since July and a little worried about installing them cause I want to do a 19 inch wheel and the curb seems real close now on my stock 17's!!
I'm not sure I will be able to clear the curb on my driveway

I just bought Motorcraft shocks and eibach springs. Should be done by tomorrow. Check for my thread update...

Rollin,, I'm really glad you started this thread!! I've had a set of the pro springs in the garage since July and a little worried about installing them cause I want to do a 19 inch wheel and the curb seems real close now on my stock 17's!!
I'm not sure I will be able to clear the curb on my driveway

What are your tire sizes for the 17's and 19's?

When I backed out of the drive way, my exhuast tips use to drag a little. The new tips solved that issue for me.

When I pull in, I usually go at angle. One tire at a time. NEVER drags or scrapes.

I just bought Motorcraft shocks and eibach springs. Should be done by tomorrow. Check for my thread update...

Great chance to get before and after measurements for everyone. Please post up your measurements and a picture.:)

I got 235/50/17 right now. I wanted to run a cooler wheel/tire combo but right now my curb looks like it's inside an inch clearence at my driveway so my fear is the eibach's droping me too far and tearing up my new LSE front bumber cover.

Soopa was telling me that a larger tire size would raise me back up again, but does anyone know what that does with rubbing?

I'd like a 19 inch wheel in the spring and maybe a 45 series tire if it'll work?,, I'll go with an 18 if I need to but as I said before,, my roads have potholes and I can't afford to bend a rim or atleast to keep bendng them...

I already have the springs and want to install them, but I was thinking maybe it would be better to do them at the same time I change the wheels..

Any advise?

I got 235/50/17 right now. I wanted to run a cooler wheel/tire combo but right now my curb looks like it's inside an inch clearence at my driveway so my fear is the eibach's droping me too far and tearing up my new LSE front bumber cover.

Soopa was telling me that a larger tire size would raise me back up again, but does anyone know what that does with rubbing?

I'd like a 19 inch wheel in the spring and maybe a 45 series tire if it'll work?,, I'll go with an 18 if I need to but as I said before,, my roads have potholes and I can't afford to bend a rim or atleast to keep bendng them...

I already have the springs and want to install them, but I was thinking maybe it would be better to do them at the same time I change the wheels..

Any advise?

235/50/17 is the right size tire. Going with a 245/35/19 tire will keep your LS at the same height. You need to watch going to a larger tire. It will through off your speedometer. Have you tried pulling in at an angle? One tire at a time. Its an old lowrider trick for curbs, speedbumps, etc... Have you consider installing a ramp(use steel plate) for the curb? Something you can leave in place.

Have you tried pulling in at an angle? One tire at a time. Its an old lowrider trick for curbs, speedbumps, etc...

We call it "JDM angling". It works. Had to do it a lot with the last beater/missle car:
DSCI0108.jpg

Rollin,, I thought about getting some asphalt or concrete but the snow plows around her would prob snag on it,, I was thinking 2x8 board but I'm sure my neighbors would complain about trash,, I'm not touching yet,, just more concerned with the when or if I drop the car. If 245/35/19 will keep my bumper height close to where it is now I'll be happy.

Alzimme,,, man not throwing stones,, but I dam sure don;t want my new bumper looking like that!!

heres where I am at stock.....

curb-1.jpg

Is that an FC RX-7??

Alzimme,,, man not throwing stones,, but I dam sure don;t want my new bumper looking like that!!

Its a 1987 FC RX7 I got for $240. Put about $1000 into it and beat the living crap out of it. First race, 1st day it was finished, I put it into a wall in 3rd; fixed nothing and drove it another 2 years.

2006 V8
20"x8.5" Jaguar Senta Knock-off's from EuroTech - 49MM Offset
General Exclaim UHP 245x35x20 Tires
Eibach Springs
Eibach Pro Alignment Kit

F Driver 26.25"
F Psss 26.25"
R Driver 26.30"
R Pass 26.35"

Ride is great as long as the road surface is in good shape. Need to go slow on all speed bumps and some steep driveways are a no go. Need to be careful on parking lot curb stops or I can scratch the bottom lip of the front facia. Upon install of the springs and wheels had to adjust the fuel filter as slight rub on inside splash guard at full wheel lock. No problems since :D No bottoming out unless big dip/pot hole a freeway speeds.

DSCN1292_183.jpg

XFord, yours looks real nice,, I'm guessing I can stuff a 245/40/19.. if you got away with a 35 series on a 20 inch rim? I want to get a little taller off the ground.. I have that steep driveway you were talking about.

Did you do the allinment kit because you needed to after the pro springs ,, or was it just time? Mine is an 2004 with only 60,000 miles and it all feels tight///

XFord, yours looks real nice,, I'm guessing I can stuff a 245/40/19.. if you got away with a 35 series on a 20 inch rim? I want to get a little taller off the ground.. I have that steep driveway you were talking about.

Did you do the allinment kit because you needed to after the pro springs ,, or was it just time? Mine is an 2004 with only 60,000 miles and it all feels tight///

My guess is they will work as 245/40/19's will be just about the exact same diameter as my 245/35/20's. Go to TireRack and check "specs" so you can compare tire diameters.

You do not need the alignment kit since stock is within tolerance for most applications. I just got it because it was cheap...

We call it "JDM angling". It works. Had to do it a lot with the last beater/missle car:
DSCI0108.jpg

JDM angling..lol... We called it the "lowrider crawl" in the early 90's. Owned a '90 Chevy S-10 with a 12 inch drop back in the day. Could roll a soda can..lol

Members online

No members online now.
Back