06 LS side skirts

Alax7

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Anybody have close pics of their 06 side skirts. I found some locally, I was shocked too, but when I got to the junk yard, they were there. I picked them up but they are missing the front piece. I want to see what it looks like, maybe it's the same as the reg side skirt piece. I need a close up pic of the front part please.

Thanks

Here you go, its an old picture but hopefully close enough:

LS 033.jpg

I don't know what you mean by front piece, but if that pic doesn't from XFord tell you what you need to know just let me know and I'll take a close-up shot of whatever piece you need.

Yeah that's the piece. Thanks xford. That front piece can be taken off and mine are missing it so I either have to find one or make one from the gen2 piece

Any 06 guys or 04/05 lse guys care to do me a favor for cash? Like my first post says, I found some lse side skirts from a wrecked 06 in a junk yard a few months ago but the front pieces shown in the picture about were not kept by the junk yard. These cannot be bought alone and can't be found by themselves either.

I was planning on cutting up my reg side skirt end pieces to work with the lse side skirts, but they seem to be too different to work.

So, now I want to make a mold using lse end pieces to make my own pieces exactly like the originals, but I need a pair to do that, that's were you guys come in. I would pay you for letting me borrow the end pieces, I would make a mold with them, then ship them back withing a few days. I would send cash your way or I could just paypal you before you send them. I would not rip you off and try to keep your end pieces, I just need them to replicate them, if you need proof ask soopa009 if I can be trusted.

Post or pm me if interested in helping me out and making some cash.

The front piece picture in xford's LS that is on the bottom of the wheel well. They are both removable.On the lse side skirts they go inside the skirt, but on the regular ones, it goes over it.

You should buy a whole piece from dealer, make a copy and then return the dealer part.

It's likely to be a special order item, which you cannot return.

Alax do you have a part# for those?? I have an amazing parts guy here in Fl at the ford dealership ( guy who found my Lse spoiler) Let me know if you have a part# I can give him a call today for you sir.

I was going to look up the part# for you Alax. Fordparts.com doesn't list the sport/lse front piece separately. They want to sell the entire rocker moulding for >$500 a side.:eek:

I have these, not the same but not sure if they'll work. There off an 04 regular LS.

LS SKIRT 1-Optimized.jpg

PMJJ, he has those. The grey ones hold the skirts on, on the outside. The LSE/06 skirts are held by a similar piece that goes inside, not out.

Alax do you have a part# for those?? I have an amazing parts guy here in Fl at the ford dealership ( guy who found my Lse spoiler) Let me know if you have a part# I can give him a call today for you sir.

I dont think they have a separate part#. Max told me they come with the skirts not withouts, just like you can't buy emblems only, you need a whole grille.

You should buy a whole piece from dealer, make a copy and then return the dealer part.

It's likely to be a special order item, which you cannot return.

Yeah, I dont want to spendd 1k on side skirts when I got them for 100 each.

I was going to look up the part# for you Alax. Fordparts.com doesn't list the sport/lse front piece separately. They want to sell the entire rocker moulding for >$500 a side.:eek:

Yeah max quoted me at 500-600 each.

I have these, not the same but not sure if they'll work. There off an 04 regular LS.

Those go on the outside and are different from the lse, like andrizzle said. Also check the picture above to see the difference.

How long would you need them for?

1 day, tops 2, depending on how long the mold takes to cure to pull the part out.

If you can wait until after I get my pic done for the 2012 Calendar submission, I can help you out Alex.

I still have to put my new brake stuff on before I start clicking the shots.

Do they actually hold the skirt on? I would send mine if I can drive with them off.

If you can wait until after I get my pic done for the 2012 Calendar submission, I can help you out Alex.

I still have to put my new brake stuff on before I start clicking the shots.

Yeah I can wait, it's just something I want to do soon. I'm getting the materials to do the mold either tomorrow or this weekend so anytime after this weekend would be good, no rush at all.

Do they actually hold the skirt on? I would send mine if I can drive with them off.

The side skirt is held by the retainers on the bottom and the 2 screws on the rear so it's not coming down because of the missing front piece, but make sure of that, maybe lse skirts are different.

I don't need a replacement, but while you are at it, Alex, you might as well make 2 or 3 sets (if not too costly). Seeing that you can't buy them new, seperately, you could make these a valuable item to sell to a worthy member down the road.:)

Hell, if you're able to make good molds you could make some decent coin on the entire side skirts, 2nd AND 1st gen!

..might as well copy the lse spoiler while you're at it. i actually looked into this just last week. The mold company would have needed a run of 500 pieces to get the price I wanted to buy them for.

Good luck with this project you trailblazer you!!

I don't need a replacement, but while you are at it, Alex, you might as well make 2 or 3 sets (if not too costly). Seeing that you can't buy them new, seperately, you could make these a valuable item to sell to a worthy member down the road.:)

Well since I'll have the mold from this I can make as many parts as I want to pour, a pair at a time.

Hell, if you're able to make good molds you could make some decent coin on the entire side skirts, 2nd AND 1st gen!

..might as well copy the lse spoiler while you're at it. i actually looked into this just last week. The mold company would have needed a run of 500 pieces to get the price I wanted to buy them for.

Good luck with this project you trailblazer you!!

I was actually thinking of other things I could make, we'll see.

mold me new fog lenses and an lse body kit... No but if you could do new lenses that would be :q:q:q:q. Mine are destroyed from rocks and children on bikes in the middle of the road that just won't move so you hit a bit then you're just angry.... er rocks yeah rocks

mold me new fog lenses and an lse body kit... No but if you could do new lenses that would be :q:q:q:q. Mine are destroyed from rocks and children on bikes in the middle of the road that just won't move so you hit a bit then you're just angry.... er rocks yeah rocks

Nice. A whole lse kit would be awesome, but it wouldn't be worth it for the price. Fogs would be easier but I would need your fogs to do it but if they are real destroyed than the mold would reflect that. Can't you just sand them back to like new conditions?

I have a local company I'm dealing with right now who does molding that i'm trying to work number with for kits, fenders etc...very close to a good deal.

That's all im saying right now.

Members online

Back