2003 LS body kit? Plus mod opinions

Tony7781

LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys-

I have a 2003 LS that I just finished paying off. I was going to get a new car, but figured Id rather put some money into the car now and keep it for 5 years more or so with no payments. Below is what Im looking to put into it this month, let me know any thoughts or opinions. Does anyone know of any nice body kits/ I like the LSE one, but its soooo expensive. I found another one that is like $600, its fiberglass but looks good. Anyone have any experience??

EBC 3G sprot drilled/slotted rotors w/ red stuff pads
new serpentine belt
Kenwood Excelon KDC-X995 receiver, with 4- 6x8s (my cd player is broke)
re-paint it black
19" D'vinci PZIENTE (black) rims
possible exhaust when im done with everything.

Good choice with the Ebc rotors. I have them installed in the front. I heard a lot of bad reviews with the red brake pads so I ended up putting OEM Ford pads and they work really good.

Good choice with the Ebc rotors. I have them installed in the front. I heard a lot of bad reviews with the red brake pads so I ended up putting OEM Ford pads and they work really good.

You only did the front???

For now just the front. Only because they starting grinding. I will get the rear done soon. Just been busy adding other goodies to the car such as the Mclaren grille and chin spoiler.

What bad reviews have you read about the red pads? Has anyone seen the JT autostyle body kit? Any pics? I think I may be better off saving up and getting the LSE kit, sice its really nice and classy but sprty at the same time. I really like the Razzi kit but its only made for the 00-02 righT?

That's a great idea Luebbe! I really like the LSE front bumper but the rest ofit doesn't impress me enough to spend more than 2 grand on the full kit. On the other hand the bumper from wing west is horrible bit the side skirts and rear valence isn't bad for the price. Im def going to lookinto that set up. Do the side skirts and rear valence make a huge diff?

That would be me? I modified the razzi sides and rear lip and put the chin spoiler on the front. Coming from someone who has actually done this, I would take the advice above. I just dont have the money currently to convert to the LSE front facia. Let me know if you have any other questions.

stay away from ebc pads. look into hawk ferro-carbon or ceramic. also a cheap alterative to the LSE body kit it buying the front bumper & painting them oem side skirts. I would try & stay away from fiberglass since you live in a cold climate. it gets brittle in the winter & can break easier than polyurethane parts.

Ok ill look into the ceramic pads. Im going to have my whole car repainted when im done with all the body work. If I just put the LSE bumper on and had them paint the side skirts and rear valence I have on now, do you think that would look good? Or will the WW side skirt and rear valence make a big diff? I don't see a huge difference from the WW skirt and rear than that of my stock stuff

Yea your right about the fiberglass. Plus the roads where I live aren't the smoothest so I should try and stay away from fiberglass. I didn't even think of that

Honestly if the car looks good and its paid off i would start saving that money
and just enjoy the car as is for awhile.

Just finish out the mods you want in your sig, get it painted if it needs it.

The LS can do without a body kit. Just lower it a lot and get a nice set of wheels. None of the aftermarket kits look good on this car. Keep it as is or just do the LSE swap. If you think the Razzi kit looks good thats up to you. I personally feel it look as rice as it can get.

I don't see a huge difference from the WW skirt and rear than that of my stock stuff

Again, this car does not need a kit. Where the Razzi is rice the WW kit is just flat out boring so there is no point to either. Thats just my opinion.

I had Red pads since I can remember. Never had issues with any set I have ever owned and I plan on doing them on my new car once I need them as well.

Your telling me this looks like a ricer?
IMG_20110506_182137.jpg

OK

Your telling me this looks like a ricer?
IMG_20110506_182137.jpg

OK

No, I said the Razzi kit looks ricey.

No offense but that looks worst. Especially the chin that does not follow the lines of the huge Razzi side skirts. That looks real bad. This is why the LS does not need body kits.

The Razzi kit just looks like something from out of the mid 90's when huge kits with giant fang like cuts in the bumper and twisted side skirts were actually cool for some reason.

I stand corrected on the maker of this kit, it is not Wings West but I thought it was. I am not sure if they ever identified the maker. This is the member's car I was thinking of when I recommended a fusion of side skirts/rear valence with a LSE front bumper conversion...

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=40338

That however looks perfect.

Im sorry for whatever reason you have to be such an a$$hole. Yes the second link does look awesome, but I don't have that kind of money to drop. Each to their own.

cammthman's kit looks great, looks like it could've came like that from factory. Who did he sell that too? I remember another member joined a few months ago with that same kit. Something about it being a one off, or actually 2 only being made.

No offense but that looks worst. Especially the chin that does not follow the lines of the huge Razzi side skirts. That looks real bad. This is why the LS does not need body kits.

The Razzi kit just looks like something from out of the mid 90's when huge kits with giant fang like cuts in the bumper and twisted side skirts were actually cool for some reason.

You think the Razzi kit looks "ricey"? Better not look at my signature then. You might explode!!!!:runaway:........................:lol:

Just so you can see am even BIGGER image of it......:N

BIG.jpg

If I just put the LSE bumper on and had them paint the side skirts and rear valence I have on now, do you think that would look good?

Yes, I think painting the OEM skirts and valance looks great. Read my sig, that's what I did.

I am not sure if they ever identified the maker

I've searched and never found anything else about that kit.

That LSE bumper really does make a huge difference! Not a fan if his spoiler though. Just ordered my rortors, after this im gonna order springs and shocks. Then its on the body and audio work! I wish I lived in florida or something where I could enjoy this car year round! We'll atleast it keeps my mileage down. Lol

Just so you can see am even BIGGER image of it......:N

lolz:p, no offense bud. I hope you dont get offensive about it thats just my opinion and Im sure you took care of what you did to make it look good in your opinion as well. But that other abomination......?

Im sorry for whatever reason you have to be such an a$$hole.

I'm not being a :q:q:q:q:q:q:q the bold OK was a bit snarky though and I understood what it meant. I could go on with this whole opinion thing but why? I shouldn't have to.

I mean, when I see ricers especially ones with white cars I see exactly what you posted. Big black E-bay chin that does not match the painted side skirts in color or contour, black eyelids just so they stand out against the white so people can tell you actually have them. It just looks like a typical ricey kind of car. Its better than most but its going in that same direction. You dont even have the full Razzi kit. Not that it makes much of a difference but you shouldn't get that offensive about it. Despite not liking that body kit that would actually look better if you did have the full kit.

Sorry.

whats it even matter if its ricey, I know "ricey" cars with body kits that will kick your ass, and they have half the displacement

lolz:p, no offense bud. I hope you dont get offensive about it thats just my opinion and Im sure you took care of what you did to make it look good in your opinion as well. But that other abomination......?

I'm not being a :q:q:q:q:q:q:q the bold OK was a bit snarky though and I understood what it meant. I could go on with this whole opinion thing but why? I shouldn't have to.

I mean, when I see ricers especially ones with white cars I see exactly what you posted. Big black E-bay chin that does not match the painted side skirts in color or contour, black eyelids just so they stand out against the white so people can tell you actually have them. It just looks like a typical ricey kind of car. Its better than most but its going in that same direction. You dont even have the full Razzi kit. Not that it makes much of a difference but you shouldn't get that offensive about it. Despite not liking that body kit that would actually look better if you did have the full kit.

Sorry.

I am just giving you chit.:p......:lol:..... Everyone has their own opinion and taste. To each there own. I have heard it all over the years. People either love my LS or hate it. Not much in between. I don't take offense unless the person is a real a-hole about. Which is rare. Most people appreicate the work I put into it and are polite about it.

BTW Your eyes didn't explode did they?:Beer

Members online

No members online now.
Back