Any thoughts on a 2012 Boss mustang

Trippen Out

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
http://www.insideline.com/ford/mustang/2012/2012-ford-mustang-boss-302-first-look.html

Im kinda curious at the 5.0 liter dohc 32v engine they are using. wonder if we could squeeze it into our mark viii's

anyway i didnt really care to much for the new mustangs but this one just looks nice to me. what do you all think about them ?

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/article.aspx?cp-documentid=1183492

b6df4023d9ae4942ac197b28bde68349.jpg

The Boss is my computer background at home and at work. I love this sexy beast!!! I would love to put a 5.0 in a Mark and then supercharge or twin turbo it. It would be hard to get traction with that much power.

i love them, haven't driven a boss yet, but the reg 5.0 pulls nice and hard, if roush drops a blower on one of them, i would probably take that over a shelby, the laguna seca versions look awesome

Boss

That thing is killer.Most of you dont remember the old Boss 302s but I do.I loved them and still do.They made the headlight opening smaller to look more like the 69 car.just wow.I love my Mark and its an old mans HotRod and I would take one of those Laguna seca Boss mustangs in a second.

you can buy the new 5.0 as a crate with computer to fit in a mark viii if I recall it will cost about 6k which in all reallty is not that bad

http://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=11829
Acually,the harness and PCM are not included.

Add the harness,PCM and the altinator (also not included) and you get a total of $9,043.Not including tax of course.

And if you want the engine cover dress that is another $138.

Now,how does that compare in price when modding up the 4.6?

Build types in comparison.

1.Stock with bolt on blower.
2.C head swap and 99-01 Cobra swap.Stroker or stock stroke.
3.Fully built with blower.B heads or C heads.

Acually,the harness and PCM are not included.

Add the harness,PCM and the altinator (also not included) and you get a total of $9,043.Not including tax of course.

And if you want the engine cover dress that is another $138.

Now,how does that compare in price when modding up the 4.6?

Build types in comparison.

1.Stock with bolt on blower.
2.C head swap and 99-01 Cobra swap.Stroker or stock stroke.
3.Fully built with blower.B heads or C heads.

with all things being equal modding a 4.6 would be cheaper however give it time there will be low mileage used 5.0's to be had soon...

It was just featured in the new episode of TopGear, Tanner wasn't impressed.

from everything i read about the New Boss, its a ridiculously good pony car.

The New GT got more rave reviews than i expected and the Boss suposedly blows the GT away.

i'll take one!

I actually watched it twice...lol TopGear(USA) It was at the end of the show. He never test drove it or anything of that matter..but it didn't stop him from ripping into it. Newest episode where they all got 1000 bucks to spend on a car and do moonshine bootlegging across NC.

Kbr where are you getting your numbers
Motor $6100
Ecu &wire harness $1440
Alternator $209
That's $7749
That's a killer deal imo

I like what they did with the suspension and engine, but the color combos and the wheels don't do it for me. I like my Roush Trak pak a lot better.

012.gif

I watched a special on the Boss 302's on disc channel where they also have cut outs on teh exhaust, and a special key the changes the timing and suspension when used for these new boss's. I'd love to have that ability on the Mark's. 1 key for every day drive, another key for race day driving.

Members online

No members online now.
Back