WTF! Window tint pulled over!

I wonder if that defense will stand up in court after you mow down 5 people with your car. After all, those pesky laws are for losers, right? I mean, seriously! Who ever thought of laws? Those people had nothing better to do, right?

No. He pulled you over because you were operating an illegally equipped vehicle.

You're lucky he didn't decide you were trying to bribe him.

Probably so. Hence him doing his job.

Should have done that in the first place. Could'a saved some old lady from getting robbed, because the cop wasn't tied up with you.

You lucked out. It does sound a little strange that you received a ticket, yet the "station" would have no record of it. First, most large departments issue their officers with a batch of numbered tickets. LEt's say, 1 to 150. They have to account for every one of those tickets. Do you know why? Large departments have a big problem with this thing called "Dirty Cops". Dirty cop writes a ticket, then accepts a bribe to get rid of the ticket.

And why would the station have the ticket a month later? It usually ends up higher up in the court system (be it city or county). You... may want to call this station back and ask them who they send the tickets to, then call those people. ;)

These comments right here have got to be one of the most ignorant things I've ever read on here. Even with all the damn newbs.

First of all laws are created to create revenue. Sure some of them are in place of public safety like murder and higher crimes. But second of all most "laws" are bills passed by our governmentt pushed through to CREATE MONEY! Seriously get your head out of your as$, open your eyes, and relieve yourself of your ignorance. Its people like you that keep this Country from ever getting better.

You can say that cop was doing his job. Also the most OBVIOUS response you could reply to him with. Of course he's doing his job it takes a certain little prick to do the things 75% of police these days do. It's people like you who only strengthen this and continue let it happen. I literally had to sell my previous car because I was CONSTANTLY profiled for being a younger guy with a nice car. There essentially is no such thing as a "Straight" government official anymore. From the officer to the elected official with his lobbyist's checkbook in his back pocket. They're almost all dirty!

And you do realize that whatever city, township, village, or even providence you live in WILL have record at its LOCAL police department (sometimes town hall) of your citation. Hell most of the time they'll have the video/audio from the citation STILL on record for at least 3-5 days.

Sorry for the rant.. well sorry to everyone else EXCEPT frogman. Get a clue its time to open your eyes. Step aside and let the next generation fix the many issues with your twisted and greedy ideals.

well i know dam well that if i dont remove it he will just keep pulling us over till we do. the cop told my wife what the meter was going to say b4 he even put it on the window. so he must do this quite a bit. most likely he sits at home on his off days and jacks off testing sun glasses...

They told me they don't even have to meter it. ANY tint is illegal in PA so if it didn't come originally on the car, it is illegal.

And diskfunctional, I know you're not really sticking up for me, but I completely agree with you. Frogman likes point out the obvious and starting fights which is why I stated I wouldn't argue with him and still wont. Yes, I know it's illegal. Yes, I know the cop was doing his job. I simply attempted to share my opinion and experience and as with most his posts he decided to take the time to analyze every little thing I said. Oh well.

Pay the place that you got your tints from to write a slip saying you got them removed. or any place that does tints.

I am with you to an extent, but the tint laws are almost always made-up B.S. that do not serve any purpose other than revenue.

I don't disagree with you one bit. Of course, they call it "officer safety", but I agree, it's BS. Even cop friends of mine think they are BS.

You can spray-paint every window of an SUV or truck black save for the front two and windshield, or drive a panel van that has no windows behind the driver...but a car has to be completely naked of tint?

Didn't you get the memo? Bad guys NEVER hide in panel vans! :lol:

That is just stupid, but getting the law changed is futile since none of the representatives care about such a small thing, especially when it is easy revenue. Still, the law is the law and when you go against it, you have to understand what the repercussions are. All of my vehicles are tinted, and I live in PA as well. I do not try and give anyone a reason to pull me over, but if they did stop me for tint I would just have to suck it up and redo it.

Amen. I always tint my vehicles. I've been pulled over a total of three times for tint. Once in Utah where the cop told me he pulled me over because of the tint. When I asked him to show me his POST certification as well as his sworn certificate that said he was allowed to enforce another state's laws, he backed off and let me off with a warning. The car was not registered in Utah.
The other two times, I got pulled over for tint by the local state patrol. Both times I got a 60 dollar ticket and went on my merry way. I wasn't going to argue with the cop. I had "illegal" tint on the vehicle. As such, I knew what the consequences were. I paid "to play" and moved on.

[/QUOTE]

Frogman I'm not gonna argue with you cuz it's an effort in futility

Probably a smart thing. But we're not arguing. We're... discussing.

but just to clarify, the 'ticket' they give you has your name and address etc. and says "you have 7 days to remove the tint and email the ticket to the station. if you don't do so, you will be mailed the fine." I actually called a couple times and told them I never received my fine (I know that sounds stupid but like you said, I'd rather not get pulled over and go to jail because it got lost in the mail or something). I was told by the station AND the officer who wrote the 'ticket' (they asked him over the radio with me on the phone) that I wouldn't be receiving a fine... I actually still have the 'ticket' somewhere.

Well... OK then.

Ohio allows for medical exceptions... Keep the prescription with me at all times. Had to use it last week coming out of Cleveland. Only reason he pulled me over and was highly pissed that I had one. Read me the riot act about how he felt there was no medical need for tint. My response to him was " Maybe u considerrunning for office then"..... lmao. Drove off with no further concerns.

Ohio allows for medical exceptions... Keep the prescription with me at all times. Had to use it last week coming out of Cleveland. Only reason he pulled me over and was highly pissed that I had one. Read me the riot act about how he felt there was no medical need for tint. My response to him was " Maybe u considerrunning for office then"..... lmao. Drove off with no further concerns.

So all you need to do is was MsM8tress did ... she flirted up to a doctor and got a little card that says she allowed to have Limo tint on her car ....

You need bad eyes or boobs to get the card LOL

Does Pa allow for medical exceptions? If so, manage accordingly if possible.

I said I have a prescription..:. Never said anything about having bad eyes. ;)

heres the deal. the law in pa say no tint at all. im fine with that. what im not fine with is that the fact that its up to the cop to decide well today ill pull over this guy and site him for tint wile the next 6 cars i dont care that there tinted today. but that looks like a "hood,thug,dealer or gang members car" so this will give me a reason to stop them. also if i run a tint shop why would i tint a car and make it not legal..

These comments right here have got to be one of the most ignorant things I've ever read on here. Even with all the damn newbs.

First of all laws are created to create revenue. Sure some of them are in place of public safety like murder and higher crimes. But second of all most "laws" are bills passed by our governmentt pushed through to CREATE MONEY! Seriously get your head out of your as$, open your eyes, and relieve yourself of your ignorance. Its people like you that keep this Country from ever getting better.

You can say that cop was doing his job. Also the most OBVIOUS response you could reply to him with. Of course he's doing his job it takes a certain little prick to do the things 75% of police these days do. It's people like you who only strengthen this and continue let it happen. I literally had to sell my previous car because I was CONSTANTLY profiled for being a younger guy with a nice car. There essentially is no such thing as a "Straight" government official anymore. From the officer to the elected official with his lobbyist's checkbook in his back pocket. They're almost all dirty!

And you do realize that whatever city, township, village, or even providence you live in WILL have record at its LOCAL police department (sometimes town hall) of your citation. Hell most of the time they'll have the video/audio from the citation STILL on record for at least 3-5 days.

QUOTE]

I 100% agree with you. It's all about the money.

We do need some type of laws to keep control, but the government has taken it way too far and because of it, the Consitution has gone down the :q:q:q:qlines.

FcUK THE POLICE

OP, it's your car, do what you want.

The legal tint here in NY is 70%. I have gotten pulled over once in the past few years (i have 20% all around) and it wasn't really for the tint anyway, I was speeding and he decided to give me ticket for the tint while he was at it.

He told me i had to remove the tint, but I never did and won't....he can go shove his baton up you know where.

You lucked out. It does sound a little strange that you received a ticket, yet the "station" would have no record of it. First, most large departments issue their officers with a batch of numbered tickets. LEt's say, 1 to 150. They have to account for every one of those tickets. Do you know why? Large departments have a big problem with this thing called "Dirty Cops". Dirty cop writes a ticket, then accepts a bribe to get rid of the ticket.

It happened to me too. I got a ticket for my tint, took it off, sent in the ticket with a check, but it was returned a few days later saying they had no record of that ticket.

Well, let's analyze these "ignorant" comments...

First of all laws are created to create revenue.

ALL of them? Damn. So laws that rule some people's less than moral activities such as... I don't know... polygamy, child abuse, spousal abuse, civil actions such as suing your neighbor, etc. etc. are all created to collect revenue? Damn.

Sure some of them are in place of public safety like murder and higher crimes.

So not all laws are created to generate revenue, then?
But second of all most "laws" are bills passed by our governmentt pushed through to CREATE MONEY!

You're contradicting yourself here, skippy. Which holds true? Your first statement, or your second statement? Is it ALL laws or most or some? You can't have both.

Seriously get your head out of your as$, open your eyes, and relieve yourself of your ignorance. Its people like you that keep this Country from ever getting better.

Excuse me? How... exactly is it people like me that is keeping this country from ever getting better? Because I'm a law abiding citizen and the "government" can't make money off me because I don't break any laws, no matter if they are for revenue generation or not?

What's your idea of people who make this country even better? Criminals whom I have to support with my tax money while they rot in jail? Or maybe you're referring to petty criminals who'll pay the 500 dollar fine (round number, but you get the idea) and then go on to their next heist only to have to pay another fine when they get caught again?

You can say that cop was doing his job. Also the most OBVIOUS response you could reply to him with. Of course he's doing his job it takes a certain little prick to do the things 75% of police these days do.

75%, huh? Got any hard data on this figure, or is it something you just pulled out of your ass? I have personal contact information on one of my cell phones for over 1300 (that's One thousand, three hundred) Law Enforcement officers, from your lowly city cop to Federal Agents. Not one of them would ever be a "little prick" and abuse their powers. Matter of fact, I've seen them look the other way a lot of times when it was down to a simple infraction. So again, show me where it says 75% of cops are "pricks". Of course, I can only speak for the cops I know personally, and those 1300 plus cops (Federal agents are still cops) are 100% straight. I don't know what crooked cops you know. But I'd still like to see where you got this 75% figure from... so long as it's not from you ass, though from the smell of it, it sure seems like it.

It's people like you who only strengthen this and continue let it happen.

Let what happen, again? I'm confused, since apparently, according to you, my head was up my ass. Fresh air and all is confusing me. WTF are "people like me" allowing to happen? Allowing cops to do their jobs and not arguing with them when I knowingly break a law (revenue generating or not), such as illegal vehicle tint? Yes, people like me who know that they are breaking the law should sit there and argue with the cop who pulled them over just to make sure said cop doesn't roll over them. Do you even realize how idiotic your statement is? No... you probably don't.

I literally had to sell my previous car because I was CONSTANTLY profiled for being a younger guy with a nice car.

Oh, cry me a river. You were profiled for being a younger guy with a nice car. WTF did you expect? Should cops not "profile" someone who looks 13 and is driving because they may be 18? Same with your situation... You think they were busting your chops because they were jealous of you and your car? You might be even more vain than you think. How do you know someone who matched your description driving a similar car didn't just rob the local convenience store or killed his parents? I'm exaggerating, but again, I hope you get the idea.

When I was 16 the first car I bought with my own money was a 1976 (or was it 75) Cadillac Coupe DeVille. That thing had bondo on the driver's side rear quarter panel and looked like it had at least 5000 dollars worth of warrants on the driver (me). It was ghetto fabulous. I lived in a relatively nice part of Bellevue Wa. at the time. Guess what? For the first 3 months, Bellevue Police officers would pull me over because I didn't fit the area's "profile". I didn't get upset about it. I knew what I was driving. Once word filtered down, most of the cops recognized the car, kew I wasn't there to rob the more... affluent residents and ignored me. Again, profiling is a matter of course for law enforcement. It's people like you who cry bloody murder when they get "profiled" that allow criminals to sneak by a cop who would otherwise have stopped him. But because the cop is concerned about a profiling lawsuit, he (or she) lets the criminal drive on by due to not stopping said criminal and realizing he is a criminal. I say "he" but of course, both sexes have criminals amongst them.

There essentially is no such thing as a "Straight" government official anymore.

I'd disagree, but that would get us nowhere in this discussion, since I can't prove I know some of those government officials who are "straight".

From the officer to the elected official with his lobbyist's checkbook in his back pocket. They're almost all dirty!

Right. And the lobbyist is paying off the official to come up with revenue generating laws. Got it.

And this shows your ignorance in Law Enfocement matters, so please, aloow me to explain a few things you obviously are not aware of:

No, sorry. Aside from them entering it into NCIC (or the local state equivalent), they really won't have any of the paperwork. It's not the job of law enforcement to make sure you pay your ticket. That's the job of the courts. When's the last time you paid a ticket at your local police station? Law enforcement only enters into a role of "collector" when the appropriate court issues a warrant for not paying your fine.

I don't know of one Law Enforcement agency that doesn't keep patrol car videos for at LEAST 12 months. With today's cheap storage prices and high compression ratios, a patrol car video system can go for up to 3 weeks on a 500 Gig hard disk, non stop. Figure about a gig per hour.

Sorry for the rant.. well sorry to everyone else EXCEPT frogman. Get a clue its time to open your eyes. Step aside and let the next generation fix the many issues with your twisted and greedy ideals.

And that's all it was. A mostly incoherent rant. But that's OK, I've had my coffee, so bring on another rant.

Let me know when you become POST certified and tell me how your views have changed.

It happened to me too. I got a ticket for my tint, took it off, sent in the ticket with a check, but it was returned a few days later saying they had no record of that ticket.

But according to what's his nuts, in his rant, the "station" has records of all these tickets.

I don't profess to know how every single police department in this country works. Hell, most police chiefs don't know all of the operations manuals for their departments.

But as a general rule of thumb, the ticket gets forwarded to the local courts. Now, some departments keep a record of stops (especially smaller departments) available to the records / dispatcher personnel, and some don't. In my experience, commonplace traffic stops are not exactly high on a dispatcher's / record person's priority and as such, they don't always enter them into the local system.

Ohio allows for medical exceptions... Keep the prescription with me at all times.

Sorry about the triple post, too lazy to copy/paste and hit edit...

This reminds me of the Colorado driver a friend of mine nabbed for possession in this state. Took him to jail. He had his little pot card and pot on him. My buddy told him "That's very nice Sir. I see you have a prescription card and that's good. Unfortunately for you... This state does not have prescription marijuana laws on the books. Your card is worthless here. Please turn around, you're now under arrest. We have a nice jail, nice staff and I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay".

Now, this guy can be cynical at times, but you know what? He did his job.

remove the tint, pay the ticket, and be done with it. its as simple as that

You should try getting a ticket for having "legal" window tint. In AL. the limit is 32%. 3% lower or higher is fine but mine is dead on 31.5% to 32% according to four other meters. The state trooper that wrote my ticket for tint had a bad meter or dead batteries because he came up with some stupid numbers.

His meter came up with 17% on rear side window, 26% on passenger side window, 25% on drivers side window. He also gave me a ticket for not having a sticker that I knew nothing about, seeing how I didn't apply the tint. I don't own the shop that done it and it's not my job to put any stickers on my windows that show the tint is legal.

I left him and went straight to the nearest city police station and had 4 cops come out and before they even put the meter to it, they said it looked fine to them. The meter showed 31.5%. I was advised by said policemen to go to the state troopers post which was only 15 minutes from where I was. They said to let them test it there. I go there and they don't have a meter at the post. The supervisor even said that if they tested out good, he was not squashing the ticket anyway. He advised me to go to where I would be going to court at and let them test it there.

That was a joke. I went to the city first and asked if they had a meter and he said they were all out on patrol. He advised me to go next door to the county courthouse and see if the Sheriffs dept could test it because that's where I would be paying the ticket and or going to court at. The entire Federal building had no meter. Keep in mind, I done all of this within one hour of getting the ticket. I had 3 days to remove the tint.

Anyway, I go to court and plead not guilty. Court date was set. I had papers from tint shop saying they applied 35% and I had the receipt showing what was applied when I was pulled over. The state trooper said "they could have printed anything they wanted on here." I wasn't speeding, I wasn't doing anything wrong. He just assumed my windows were too dark because the car is white and they have solar tint that kinda helps make them look a little darker in the sun.

Anyway, I go to court and acted as my own lawyer lol, pleaded my case and asked for someone to go out and test the same windows that he tested. I explained to the judge that Madison City, Huntsville City and Hartselle City and the tint shop have all tested them with meters and all show it to be good. DA calls it here say. The judge wouldn't allow it. The judge also didn't know anything about a sticker. The trooper had to explain it to her and she had to look it up in a book. Long story short, I walked out with a $100 fine for legal tint and a $100 fine for not having a sticker. The tint shop said they haven't applied stickers in years and I was the first he had heard of getting a ticket for this.

I have since been pulled over by the same trooper for speeding back in October. He asked me if I got the sticker yet and I said no. he asked me if I had changed the tint since last time and I said no. "I told you and the judge in court that I was not removing my legal window tint for her or you and if you want to, test them again because now your meter is probably corrected"

He wouldn't test them again. :rolleyes: He tells me that if he did, he would feel obligated to write me another citation for them. :confused: Then why did you ask if I changed them? He didn't write me another ticket again for a sticker or tint but did give me a speeding ticket. He has pulled me over 3 times in one year. I was speeding (84 in a 70) and I paid that. He also wrote me a ticket on the tint day for not having an updated insurance card lol. I had insurance but State Farm hadn't mailed the card yet. It was 7 days past due. State Farm called and cleared that one for me.

I feel your pain about tint and I don't understand why SUV's can be completely blacked out behind the driver side windows. Tint laws suck and should be the same in all states because I could get a ticket in PA and actually have to pay it. People passing through GA have had darker than they were supposed to and been ticketed and had to pay. Now, to prove what I'm saying about the solar part making windows appear darker, look below. Both pics are the same exact tint. Nothing has been altered or changed. BTW, the tint shop now has a roll of stickers and I was given 3 and a deal the next time I come back.

No sun

ParkingGarage002.jpg

With sun

Grille004-1.jpg

No Limit

I hate to say it but if you would have dropped the hundo for a lawyer you would have walked out not guilty no fine...that cop has it out for you lol maybe he owns a cadillac...

I wish I had the time and energy as you do Frogman to contest to your triple post. I do not however have patience to sit here and argue with your ignorant ass over a keyboard. I don't give a SH!T who the hell you have in your contact book. My views will not change. You have no idea who I am and from listening to yet another ignorant response by you I could care less to know more about you.

Its people like YOU why this country is :q:q:q:q. You are just as biased as MOST POLICE OFFICERS. Again I don't care to go into some huge reply with you I simply don't. You have your views I have mine.

Its just some views have been proven over and over again to be bringing this country down. Run for office, your a perfect candidate.

I wish I had the time and energy as you do Frogman to contest to your triple post.

You're a huge proponent of drive by "insults", aren't you. Soon as someone replies to your incoherent rant, all of the sudden you don't have the time. I suppose I understand, though personally, when I start something, I will see it to the end, no matter what. I guess it's all in how we're raised. Unlike you, when someone questions my views, I calmly explain to them why I hold said views. I happen to be an expert on my own opinions and views.

I do not however have patience to sit here and argue with your ignorant ass over a keyboard.

Yes. Logic can be such a sign of ignorance, can't it....

I don't give a SH!T who the hell you have in your contact book.

I was logically explaining to you what my experience has been with law enforcement officers and backed that up with "data", unlike your 75% data.

My views will not change.

And that's fine. I'm not here to change your views. You can remain as ignorant to the facts as you wish, it won't be any skin off my back.

You have no idea who I am

I have no idea who you are? Oh man, I love that line. You must be some important person, huh? I mean, how dare I not know who you are. Crack'a please... I don't care if you're the president of your local jerk-off club or the president of a Fortune 500 company (though, I highly suspect the latter). When you challenge my views and opinions, I will calmly explain them to you. Like them or not, they are my own.

and from listening to yet another ignorant response by you I could care less to know more about you.

Again, ain't it a bitch how logical responses are so ignorant when you can't rebuff them?

Its people like YOU why this country is :q:q:q:q. You are just as biased as MOST POLICE OFFICERS.

Right. People like me who try to be law abiding. Check. People like me who own up and pay the consequences when they get busted for breaking the occasional law, such as tinted windows. Check.

I have an idea! Let's all follow your lead and start breaking laws, then when we get busted, we can bitch and moan to the cops. That'll teach 'em! Where do I sign up?

Again I don't care to go into some huge reply with you I simply don't.

Of course you do. Otherwise you wouldn't have even posted a reply to my original post. Perhaps you don't care now that I've logically answered your rant, but the fact still remains. You do care and you will reply.

You have your views I have mine.

DING! DING! DING!

So then, why did you have to go on a rant attacking my views? You're (again), contradicting yourself. All you had to say was something along the lines of "I disagree with your views. I've had a lot of unpleasant encounters with law enforcement". To which I would have replied with something along the lines of "What unpleasant encounters?". And then, the conversation could have gone from there.

But no, you have to go on a rant and attack my personal views and then retreat like a little pansy when I reply. Typical.

Its just some views have been proven over and over again to be bringing this country down.

Some views? Such as...? There is a big difference between "Law Abiding" and "Pushover". You can be law abiding and not be a pushover.

Run for office, your a perfect candidate.

You're*.

And no thank you, I'm not the one pissing and moaning about how 75% of cops are bad. I believe that is you. Why you'd suggest I runfor office, is beyond me. I'm perfectly content with most laws. The ones I'm not content with, I don't bitch and moan about.

You may wish to consider running for office yourself and clean up the bad cops. Now, granted, in order to run for office you need more than 8 brain cells (I have 5 myself). You? From your current rant, I'd rate you at 2.

Members online

No members online now.
Back