Y'all better go fill the tank up ASAP

Well what kills me is every quarter they ( corporate swine oil companies ) report billions in profit,in other words after paying all their bills and all their workers, they have billions of dollars as profit, but pay the least in taxes, so WTF?? even BP, with all the BS they paid all their bills, billions to those that lost their profession due to the oil spill, paid all their workers, and gave the U.S govt billions to cover the oil spill in the future and guess what>>> the Mo Fo's posted billions in profit.... double WTF

PS- U.S buys petroleum from Puerto rico at $0.23 cents a gallon, sells it overseas for a massive profit, then charges us massive $$ to cover the crude bought from overseas all this equals massive profits for oil companies, and sore bungholes for Americans.

Really our government doesn't have that much to do with it. If you wanna blame someone blame OPEC(pure evil) and China+India for their increased demand driving prices up.

However it is true that the government/Obama want to ruin the auto industry. 60mpg fleet average by 2025 or something like that? Wtf were they smoking:p
They must want us all driving chitty FWD EcoCoffins that cost like $30,000. In the end they're gonna make the new cars too impractical/costly and just plain bad so people will all just keep their old clunkers around forever like they do in Cuba.

PS- U.S buys petroleum from Puerto rico at $0.23 cents a gallon, sells it overseas for a massive profit, then charges us massive $$ to cover the crude bought from overseas all this equals massive profits for oil companies, and sore bungholes for Americans.

So the U.S. buys petroleum from itself?

Speculators can buy on a 10-1 margin meaning with $100,000 you can control $1,000,000 worth of futures. This needs to be changed to something sensible like a 2-1 margin. During the last runup 79% of oil was being bought by speculators, only 21% by end users.

i believe there are threee contributing factors to oil price, govt, speculators, and opec. the govt has a lot more to do with it than you guys realize. you guys have surely heard obummer talking about his cap and trade plans that will make energy prices "necissarily skyrocket"(look it up). now i understand that with the new republican house that cap and trade probably wont happen, but i also understand that our govt is not below doing dishonest things out of public view. As for opec and speculators their operating system is that of GREED.

All of you who think OPEC and the US Gov. are in bed together as for fuel prices, I have a question for you: WTF are you smoking? I want some, so give me the hookup to your dealer!

Also: Isn't it stupid when people with low MPG used cars owned outright sell in favor of a fuel efficient car and end up with a payment? I think it's kind of stupid to save less than 1/2 of your gas bill just to spend more on a car payment plus still buying gas...

Can't we just pop Muammar al-Gaddafi's dumb ass and install somebody who will be less of a pain in the ass?

Not that we're good at installing dictators in craphole countries, but still...

Or more realistically throw a few UN peacekeeping troops in Gaddafi's way and try to keep him from destroying Libyan infrastructure, oil infrastructure included. At the very least, institute a no-fly zone - apparently they have a dozen (or now 10) Mirage F1s, but other than that they just have old and busted MiG Floggers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can't we just pop Muammar al-Gaddafi's dumb ass and install somebody who will be less of a pain in the ass?

Not that we're good at installing dictators in craphole countries, but still...

Or more realistically throw a few UN peacekeeping troops in Gaddafi's way and try to keep him from destroying Libyan infrastructure, oil infrastructure included. At the very least, institute a no-fly zone - apparently they have a dozen (or now 10) Mirage F1s, but other than that they just have old and busted MiG Floggers.

Better yet why don't we let them rot in thier own mess, and let them eat their oil and sand. We have enough oil in our country between anwar and the reserves in the dakotas to not have to import another drop of oil from any more of these pos countries. Not to mention that Canada has more oil than they could ever use and they are one of our best allies. I fail to see why we still deal with the Arabs and thier oil.

I'm really having a hard time understanding why we don't go to Alaska and build the hell out of some oil wells, do some drilling and let the middle east keep their oil. We are the people that make them rich. When gas goes up to $4 and $5 per gallon, it's going to the hands of the middle east.

I agree that Alaska is beautiful and all because I have lived there. I lived in Fairbanks but I don't think a lot of people realize just how big that place really is. I think we could take a good size chunk of it and start drilling. How often do people in the lower 48 actually run up to Alaska to look at how beautiful the snow covered land is? Trees, land and snow is all that's there for the most part. OIL is also there and it is ours, not the middle easterners.

They would all be land based so no worries of "oil spills" but..... maybe I'm just lost and don't understand some things but making Saudi Arabia, Iraq ect richer and richer when we could do for ourselves. Wait till Chavez starts sending his oil to China to be refined and then we'll be looking at $5 to $7 per gallon. I'm thinking by June you will see this. Could be sooner. All I'm saying is that there is way too much land in Alaska just being wasted because people think it's beautiful. :rolleyes: That $20 bill in my pocket is beautiful too and I'd like to keep it. That $55 I spent yesterday on gas looked good on my check card until I swiped it and pumped it. I really feel sorry for you people that have to fill up weekly. I don't see how you do it, I really don't. That would be $220 per month for me. $2640.00 for a year.

You can quote this. You will soon see $5.00 or higher per gallon before the summer is out. I'm speaking about "premium 93" or in some states that only have (91). We have 91 here but it's only at the gas station in front of Wal-Mart. I hate to drop down to 91 but my next fill up will most likely be there. I guess there isn't that much of a difference between the two.

I couldn't agree more as to what you said. You also have to realize that we can't disturb the mating habits of the caribou you polluters, and climate change is definatly not made up.

eh diesel is $3.55 here and i fill up at least once a week (usually $115). It sucks but i wont drive the lincoln or cobra in the snow...

I couldn't agree more as to what you said. You also have to realize that we can't disturb the mating habits of the caribou you polluters, and climate change is definatly not made up.

Yeah, wouldn't want to change the lives of the caribou and the moose lol. With all that land space they have, they can move elsewhere. I think they would make out just fine and we also would make out a lot better with our own oil.

When is the last time anyone on this board or anyone in the lower 48 have seen a caribou in person? Seriously... I'm all for wildlife but when you have a state the size of Alaska just setting there being cold, the wildlife will adapt to change. Our oil fields would only be a spec on the map with the size of that place.

Oil topped $100 today before falling back to $98.

Yeah, wouldn't want to change the lives of the caribou and the moose lol. With all that land space they have, they can move elsewhere. I think they would make out just fine and we also would make out a lot better with our own oil.

When is the last time anyone on this board or anyone in the lower 48 have seen a caribou in person? Seriously... I'm all for wildlife but when you have a state the size of Alaska just setting there being cold, the wildlife will adapt to change. Our oil fields would only be a spec on the map with the size of that place.
not to mention that drilling technology has came way forward in the past decade, and we are now capable of drilling straight down, and then going horizontal. we can also drill multiple wells from one rig. there is no reason we cant drill in alaska. I do believe though that people will get madder than hell and we will end up drilling in alaska.

not to mention that drilling technology has came way forward in the past decade, and we are now capable of drilling straight down, and then going horizontal. we can also drill multiple wells from one rig. there is no reason we cant drill in alaska. I do believe though that people will get madder than hell and we will end up drilling in alaska.

Sara Palin is even suggesting to drill there. :eek: I never expected that but maybe she might have some influence. Looks like she don't care about the national wildlife.

Gas will be up to $5.00/gl by Memorial Day.
Honestly anything over $5 per gallon could REALLY screw this country up if it stays that high. I mean think about it. In addition to the extra cost of simply driving to work the cost of EVERYTHING would go way up.

Food costs would go up.
The cost to ship items through the mail would go up.
Law enforcement and other government costs would go up.
General items in stores would go up in cost.
Much much more.

All of the above would be happening with people already being stressed by paying almost double the current price for gas. You get people saying "well buy a fuel efficient car or a hybrid if you don't like it". Well what if people can't afford a new car? Something's gotta give. Time to get to work developing our oil shale deposits IMO.

Gas at the Murphy USA in front of Wal-Mart in Biscoe, NC went from $3.09 at 11:45AM to $3.16 at 5:30PM today. Sheesh!

Gas went up from $3.07 to $3.38 here for 87. I love how they raise prices immediately even though the prices today are for April delivery.

Every decade since the 70’s it’s been this same thing…. The government wants to kill hot rodding, racing and whatever else automotive wise you want to say. Wow who would have thought a 3 times cleaner, fuel efficient, 412hp v8 would be in the mustang. The hemi would be back, and a 500+ Cadillac and Corvette. I’m sure the bitching will continue when the era of electric cars becomes closer. It will be the same; electric’s will be unimaginably fast.

Every decade since the 70’s it’s been this same thing…. The government wants to kill hot rodding, racing and whatever else automotive wise you want to say. Wow who would have thought a 3 times cleaner, fuel efficient, 412hp v8 would be in the mustang. The hemi would be back, and a 500+ Cadillac and Corvette. I’m sure the bitching will continue when the era of electric cars becomes closer. It will be the same; electric’s will be unimaginably fast.

+1

people have been worried about government messing with fun cars for over 30 years, its not happening,the cars keep getting better, why? because people want them, and the manufactureres will always find a way to make what sells.

i remember my dads issues of mags from the mid 70's,and they were talking about how there will never be high performance V8's EVER again... HAHAHA.

they were so far from correct its funny.

Oil this morning near $102, Brent crude in Europe close to $117. The news locally is predicting$ 4.25-$4.50 by summer.

Members online

No members online now.
Back