Sequential tailight kits anyone?

i'll take one for Gen 1 if available, plug and play?awesome, no drilling please...i have paypal!

Seems to me theres quite a lot of interest in a working sequential tallight kit for Gen 1's. Has anything happened with this great idea? :confused:

I would take one if it was like that last video that was posted with the black Mark... It would be way cool to have.

I'd love to have one if it didn't cost 3 arms and 4 legs.:D In other words, if somebody could come up with a simple kit that could cost less than $50 bucks, I'd jump all over it. But I ain't payin' $200 just to have cool blinky lights.:(

Of course we can do it, the Guy I commisioned for the task needed 10 orders, as usual it never happened. Its been so long and I haven't talked to him in forever but I can email him if there is enough interest. It would not have been an arm & leg but also it wasn't going to be $50.00 either lol

I've got sequential chase tail lights in my car. Custom module from Gary, more than $50 though ;)

So judging from this post being dead for this long, im going to have to build my own kit???................

Give Gary at meter4it.com a shout, he made a custom module for me for our cars (4 lights/side), and has them for the 'stang 3 light setup as well that would work.
Webelectric has a 4 light setup too but its just regular sequential (no chase).
Neither are plug and play though (no kit will be if your going dual element!) and ideally should convert bulbs to dual element sockets for turn/park lamps to look best imho...

My Guy can still do them again we would need 10 pre paid pre orders to make it happen. And a rear trunk light wiring harness, it would be plug n play.

im ready to prepay now as well. as long as its under $150 (which is what the 4 bulb kit costs, otherwise ill make my own)

Geno, how would a harness work with your kit? Does it stay single element or is it a conversion to dual element bulbs?

Well I sent a e-mail to

Gary Murphy

Meter4it Engineering

www.meter4it.com

info@meter4it.com

(409) 232-0007

And he sent me a couple of responses, the latest follow up was this:

Bill,

Got email back from guy in Canada and his is an earlier model than yours. He said that starting in 97 the Mark VIII used neon ballast for some of the rear lights, something he does not have. This is something that we don’t have experience with and not sure what steps you would need to take to make this work. If you live near Wylie, TX maybe you can come over and I could look at your setup.

Well I sent a e-mail to

Gary Murphy

Meter4it Engineering

www.meter4it.com

info@meter4it.com

(409) 232-0007

And he sent me a couple of responses, the latest follow up was this:

Bill,

Got email back from guy in Canada and his is an earlier model than yours. He said that starting in 97 the Mark VIII used neon ballast for some of the rear lights, something he does not have. This is something that we don’t have experience with and not sure what steps you would need to take to make this work. If you live near Wylie, TX maybe you can come over and I could look at your setup.

That would have been me Gary was talking about Bill. The tail lights on the 2nd gen cars are totally different than the 1st gens. The earlier ones have bulb sockets all the way across the trunk lid unlike the latter...

I'd still like to hear how this harness will work Geno was mentioning for the set he can get. It would be great as I had to do a bit of wiring to get mine in and modify the sockets in the car too...

Members online

Back