LED Angel eyes Install- A lot of PICS

What the heck. No I didn't. I'll be contacting them about that. Thanks for the heads up.

Alax tell them to pay up the royalties.

On the other, once you actually put up a picture on the internet, it becomes a public domain. Therefore, anyone can modify/do anything with it....unless you have it copyrighted and registered with the government.

Alax tell them to pay up the royalties.

On the other, once you actually put up a picture on the internet, it becomes a public domain. Therefore, anyone can modify/do anything with it....unless you have it copyrighted and registered with the government.

Wrong. Intellectual copyright/property rights.

Hey Alex, Did you give lightwurks the ok to use your car in thier ad on ebay?

ebay #270592428558

Ordered mine today and saw that. It would definitely be more... "right" for them to try to make sur it's cool with the person. I'd probably take it as a compliment and keep it moving if it was me though.

Sorry trife, but I did not understand what you are trying to get across.

Sorry trife, but I did not understand what you are trying to get across.

Sorry. I was saying that I ordered a set today and noticed that they had Alax7's pictures on their auction. I went on to say (in too much of a hurry) that it definitely would have been better for them to see if it was cool to use the pictures but I probably wouldn't be too upset if it was me.

Who's retarded black LS is that on there???

But no really they PM'd me and asked, surprised they just decided Alax would be okay with it.

Also looks like they took them down per Alax request I assume.

Anytime, got to have each others back!

:Beer

Sorry. I was saying that I ordered a set today and noticed that they had Alax7's pictures on their auction. I went on to say (in too much of a hurry) that it definitely would have been better for them to see if it was cool to use the pictures but I probably wouldn't be too upset if it was me.

Yeah, I'm not upset. Just thought they would ask to use it.

Who's retarded black LS is that on there???

But no really they PM'd me and asked, surprised they just decided Alax would be okay with it.

Also looks like they took them down per Alax request I assume.

I still see them on there, they haven't taken them down :confused:.... I emailed them. I told them they could use it but I would like to send them an update one, one with my bumper on and fog lights. That picture was just intended to show off the angel eyes not the car.

Yeah I was also wondering who's retarted black ls that was, whoever it id has not taste. Who would put a black grille on a black car, C'mon!............. lol. Your ls was actually making want an LSe grille once I saw how clean it looked with the lse bumper and angel eyes. I had the lse bumper on and went back to look at your pics, it took a lot for me not to order an lse grille.

that looks amazing, great job

Been on there for a almost 2 months but thanks!!

Yea I like the LSE grille on there too, but I think I am diggin the McLaren more... It just gives the whole car a sport look!

I am going to send a McLaren photo to umnitza to see if they wanna use it

Both cars look too hot for TV lol I'm next, probably be getting mine installed next weekend.

Oops yea I had an old auction page loaded and it appeared your car was removed. Nvrm lol

Thanks. You doing them yourself of sending them to lightwurkz

I have a friend of 20 plus years that does all this kind of stuff for me. I'll be taking it to his "monster garage" as we call it. He knoooows his stuff.

I have a friend of 20 plus years that does all this kind of stuff for me. I'll be taking it to his "monster garage" as we call it. He knoooows his stuff.

Sweet. Yup, just follow the seam where I cut to take apart and the re-seal should be a breeze. What are you going to use to seal it back up? I think I am going to use the black RVT sealant for this next angels eye set so it comes out cleaner.

That is for a gen1 and the biggest difference in a gen1 and gen2 headlight is that gen2 have to be cut open and cannot be heated apart in the oven.

Sweet. Yup, just follow the seam where I cut to take apart and the re-seal should be a breeze. What are you going to use to seal it back up? I think I am going to use the black RVT sealant for this next angels eye set so it comes out cleaner.

That is for a gen1 and the biggest difference in a gen1 and gen2 headlight is that gen2 have to be cut open and cannot be heated apart in the oven.

he mentioned what he intends to use to seal them, but it escapes me now. I'll try to make a note of it and take a few cell phone pics with this aggravating hd2

so the best advice collectively is to cut on the red line? i have a set on the way as we speak and id like to prep for the install. i know i want to do as little cutting as possible lol. i also want to go purchase whichever sealant and misc items ill need to make the install go smoothly. can i pick everything up at home depot?

Do any of the gen1's have to be cut or can ALL gen1's be baked?

so the best advice collectively is to cut on the red line? i have a set on the way as we speak and id like to prep for the install. i know i want to do as little cutting as possible lol. i also want to go purchase whichever sealant and misc items ill need to make the install go smoothly. can i pick everything up at home depot?

Yeah, cut along the red line. Then you should be able to squeeze a flat head in between the clear plastic and black one. Work your way around the whole headlight with 2 flat heads until you can stick them in further to be able to pull apart. Dont try to pull off so hard at first, do little by little and when you get around once, then it will be easier to pull apart farther until you can pull off completly. I hope this makes sense.

I got the metal tabs from homedepot that I cut to screw onto the low beam ring to hold apart. I got the small screws there too.To attach the rings to the benzel I used all purpose clear silicone from home depot, dries relatively quick. I use quick drying epoxy,quicksteel, dries in 5 min,from pepboys or any auto store as a back up to keep the plastic from bending to the side. I wouldn't use jb weld, it's not solid enough to get thick and around the plastic. Just use any epoxy that is solid and comes in a roll, it will work better. For the selant I used the clear all purpose silicone on mine, but have been using black rvt selant from auto stores on the rest of the headlights i've done.

My friend used insta-set and insta-cure for attaching the rings. Ever heard of it, Alax? The stuff is amazing. Dries literally in seconds and when it's set, it's SET. Even where my hi beam ring is stretched out it's only being held in place by this stuff.

Never heard of it, I'll have to check it out. . That would come in handy in some applications but even quicksteel that dries in about 3-5 minutes sometimes dries to fast for me to work with.
You mean the low meab ring is stretched out right

Never heard of it, I'll have to check it out. . That would come in handy in some applications but even quicksteel that dries in about 3-5 minutes sometimes dries to fast for me to work with.
You mean the low meab ring is stretched out right

Then stay away lol once you spray the activator on it it's stuck.

lol yeah, low beam. I'm at work trying to write fast, I said the right thing the first time and corrected it lol

Members online

Back