19" Rims Questions

TDUB

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I finally found a set of rims I like for the LS in our bolt pattern but I'm afraid I'm going to run into rubbing issues. The rims are 19x8.5s in a 35mm offset with a 2.5" lip. I do have a fender roller but my LS is also lowered 1.75". The hub bore size is 73.1mm does anyone happen to know the LSes? I'm also wondering if anyone knows the weight of the stock 17" 5 star LS rims as well.

maybe pm rollinls, he has 19's and eibach drop, I don't know his offset, but I know he doesn't rub. He is on vacation though, so it may be a few days before he answers.

Cant comment on the hub but that offset is just a tad to low. Its not the lip on the fender, what little negative camber you have will clear that, its the liner while going over bumps that in most cases is the issue.

those will rip your fender off prob.. i would buy them and take to a machine shop and have 8 to ten mil shaved off then they would be great

Tires also make the difference. I cant see it ripping the fender off. Maybe rubbing but like I said, a bit of negative camber from lowering and you might ( emphasizing that ) be cool. My wheels look almost flush with a 8.5 wide and a +38 et but, when I slammed it down with the shackles to see what room I had the camber gave more room than you would think. You just have to do what you need to do to make it work out. Either get a narrower tire or deal with slightly negative camber.

I also have 235/35 tires and feel I can get a slightly taller sidewall.

Tires also make the difference. I cant see it ripping the fender off. Maybe rubbing but like I said, a bit of negative camber from lowering and you might ( emphasizing that ) be cool. My wheels look almost flush with a 8.5 wide and a +38 et but, when I slammed it down with the shackles to see what room I had the camber gave more room than you would think. You just have to do what you need to do to make it work out. Either get a narrower tire or deal with slightly negative camber.

I also have 235/35 tires and feel I can get a slightly taller sidewall.

the rears will rub horribly and the fronts would drive straight ok but prob still rub.. while turning, if you hit the slightest bump it will l tear your fender up bad.. its happened to me the a 42 mm offset more that once with eibachs.. his is even lower

I f*cked up the fender lip on one of the front fenders with my 38 offset wheels and Eibachs. My 46 offset wheels fit perfectly.

42mm offset with close to 2" drop here. If I don't drive like a moron, it's fine. I did have to change from 245/40 to 245/35 on the fronts to almost completely eliminate rubbing issues.

35 offset may be a little too close to the fender. Mine is CLOSE already.

the rears will rub horribly and the fronts would drive straight ok but prob still rub.. while turning, if you hit the slightest bump it will l tear your fender up bad.. its happened to me the a 42 mm offset more that once with eibachs.. his is even lower

But did you not have fairly moderate to larger tires? Not exactly larger but,.... well you know what I mean. There is ways to make it work, you just have to be willing to go that route.

I have never had any rub at all. But, I think thats all do to my tire size.

But did you not have fairly moderate to larger tires? Not exactly larger but,.... well you know what I mean. There is ways to make it work, you just have to be willing to go that route.

I have never had any rub at all. But, I think thats all do to my tire size.

or speeds under 40 mph lol

No, just no bumps and turns over 60!..lol;)

:D

I think a 35mm offset will rub on the caliper.Mine are 38mm and i had to grind the calipers down a little bit on the fronts...

the weight of the 17" 5 stars with tires is right around 45lbs , i just shipped some last week. The 19's i bought were actually a few pounds lighter at 41lbs...

I just found the same rims in a 38mm. Any chance it will fit or still too low?

thats alot better but i would still shave the back down at least 4 mil... 42 offset is pretty good but 45 lowered that far would e great

So +38 will fit on the ls but not with eibach's ?

Here's a picture of the rim: I would prefer something without the chrome lip like the Enkei LS-5 but I can't find them in our bolt pattern or the Gianelle Spezia 5 but I have other things I want to do to the LS before I spend that much on rims.

Last edited:
Well it also depends on the rim size. I'm sure 18"s would fit. Plust I have the Sprint lowering springs which are about .25 of an inch lower than the eibachs.

They fit fine. When I get home from work I'll put the car on stands and jack the assembly up into the fender to show how much room you have to play with.:)

19" is the breaking point with that offset, it all depends on tire size. After that you will end up with having to put a tire on that puts you under the factory overall diameter.

Not to jack the thread, but I found a 20X9 with a 49MM offset rim that looks fantastic. You guys think it would work with Eibachs? I know the 20X8.5 with a 49MM works just fine. 1/4 inch on each side?

I got to be honest, you guys are scaring the crap outta me with your ripped up fender stories. I bought the Eibachs with full intention of getting a better set of wheels/tires to put on my lady next spring, but now I'm a little paranoid to do so.

TRU - yeah, I know this is perfect opportunity to inject the Black Sabbath paranoid reference but I won't do it - but I'm scared someone else will.....

I got to be honest, you guys are scaring the crap outta me with your ripped up fender stories. I bought the Eibachs with full intention of getting a better set of wheels/tires to put on my lady next spring, but now I'm a little paranoid to do so.

TRU - yeah, I know this is perfect opportunity to inject the Black Sabbath paranoid reference but I won't do it - but I'm scared someone else will.....

If the stories are scaring you, you should see what the set of 20"s I had on my LS did to my fenders once I put the lowering kit on.

20''s are big, sticking to 18''s no more than 19''s but leaning more towards some 18 jags. What rims do you have on now TDUB?

Members online

No members online now.
Back