Detailed the car finally

LongIslandLSE

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Yesterday i spent five hours detailing the exterior, needed it badly. I picked up the turtle wax ICE line, the clay kit and the polish. First time using this line and I would definitely recommend the clay kit but not so sure about the polish. The polish i would use on the wheels, repells brake dust pretty good. This was the first time I clayed this car, I didnt realize it had so much crap embedded in the paint. I would clay a section, wipe it off and then have to do it again. Up close the paint looks real good now, car shines pretty good in the pics. maybe i will enter in Oct LSOTM.

DSCN0134.jpg
DSCN0135.jpg
DSCN0136.jpg
DSCN0137.jpg
DSCN0138.jpg
DSCN0139.jpg
DSCN0140.jpg

DSCN0135.jpg

DSCN0136.jpg

DSCN0137.jpg

DSCN0138.jpg

DSCN0139.jpg

DSCN0140.jpg

DSCN0134.jpg

Wait till you get your hands on some real supplies:D

Then she'll clean up real nice! I laid down some Duragloss 101 yesterday. My first time using it and man is it awesome!

Wait till you get your hands on some real supplies:D

Then she'll clean up real nice! I laid down some Duragloss 101 yesterday. My first time using it and man is it awesome!

Yeah i couldnt pass on the deal at pep boys though, buy one get one free. So i bought the clay kit and got the polish free, maybe in the spring i will use something different.

hey LongIsland I wanna see another shot facing your LSE exactly so I can make a good view of your headlights and the look of it..I was considering if I should color match or leave black then add eyebrows....

looks good! if it was not the liquid claybar, then good to know it works. i don.t understand how a liquid claybar can work. seems like an oxymoron or something.

i used to use ice polish. nice slick and shiny look, but i found durability to be terrible and it attracted dust like crazy when i used it. of course, ymmv. when i stepped up to high end products, i kept the ice for a little bit, because i liked it on the blck plastics.

i agree with werner.s findings on duragloss. top notch stuff, and cheap too. plus you can find it at your local carquest.

i agree with werner.s findings on duragloss. top notch stuff, and cheap too. plus you can find it at your local carquest.

Pete,
I want to clay bar my car soon. So do I need a clay bar kit, a Duragloss polish, and a Duragloss Wax to get my really really smooth. It shines, but after a wash my car I can still feel a roughness to the paint.

OP,
I have always liked your wheels. I think you should enter LSOTM. Looks good.

LS looks nice.:cool:

How are you liking the ADR wheels? I am thinking about getting the same ones in black for my MKZ.

hey LongIsland I wanna see another shot facing your LSE exactly so I can make a good view of your headlights and the look of it..I was considering if I should color match or leave black then add eyebrows....
front.jpg

looks good! if it was not the liquid claybar, then good to know it works. i don.t understand how a liquid claybar can work. seems like an oxymoron or something.

i used to use ice polish. nice slick and shiny look, but i found durability to be terrible and it attracted dust like crazy when i used it. of course, ymmv. when i stepped up to high end products, i kept the ice for a little bit, because i liked it on the blck plastics.

The kit actually comes with a liquid clay along with the clay bar. You use the liquid clay after washing, it removes all of the loose dirt washing did not. You will see it removes a lot of the embedded dirt but the bar does the majority.

Pete,
I want to clay bar my car soon. So do I need a clay bar kit, a Duragloss polish, and a Duragloss Wax to get my really really smooth. It shines, but after a wash my car I can still feel a roughness to the paint.

OP,
Thanks, and yes buy any clay bar kit and then use whatever polish/wax you prefer. I see you have a silver ls like me, be prepared to clay for hours.

LS looks nice.:cool:

How are you liking the ADR wheels? I am thinking about getting the same ones in black for my MKZ.
I like the ADR wheels, these in particular i like very much.

front.jpg

Nice LS you have there. Looks good.

BTW, where are you on the island? I am out in Suffolk. I know there is another member on here who is also from Suffolk, we should set up a day and have a little LS meet.

Nice LS you have there. Looks good.

BTW, where are you on the island? I am out in Suffolk. I know there is another member on here who is also from Suffolk, we should set up a day and have a little LS meet.

thanks, im in patchogue.

Pete,

OP,

I got my bottle of 101 for 9.99$. It does two full size cars, and it looks amazing! It gives a almost laminated in plastic look to the car. I put mine on and took it off with a 10" orbital on a clear day dab smack in the middle of the sun cause the garage was full with the kids damn ride on toys. Worked out great and left the car feeling as smooth as it does when I use a clay bar!

Go on autogeek and check out everything but the crap you can find in a parts store.

Long IslandLSE- I am about 10 minutes west of you. I am suprised i have never seen your ride around. I travel on the Sunrise a lot.

NYC LS8- How long did it take you to get to Suffolk?

I like the ADR wheels, these in particular i like very much.[/QUOTE]

I have been debating on buying a black set for my '07 MKZ.

CAr looks very good. Love the ADR rims. Have a set on mine and love them as well.

Members online

No members online now.
Back