Lincoln LS Detail

I wish I had the extra cash laying around to buy half the equipment I need to properly detail my car. Although, the girlfriend would probably leave me, since I'd always be out in the garage...

You can make your car look just as good with regular washings and Ice wax, there is no need to buy all that garbage.

You can make your car look just as good with regular washings and Ice wax, there is no need to buy all that garbage.

You can make a car look nice with some pretty easy effort but this car looks better than factory!

FullAfter.jpg

:eek:

I like how the LS guys always talk about detailing and the Mark VIII guys talk about all the things breaking on our cars! I wish I had the problem you guys do, keeping your cars shiny:(

there is no possible way a regular wash and wax will get rid of swirls and spider scratches the way that "all that garbage" does.

I'd love to have him treat my car. The dealer I bought it from messed it all up with their buffer. Whenever I wash it, you can see all the buffer swirls in the sunlight. It needs that treatment!

I like how the LS guys always talk about detailing and the Mark VIII guys talk about all the things breaking on our cars! I wish I had the problem you guys do, keeping your cars shiny:(
oh, we have problems.

im just waiting for the next thing to break!

there is no possible way a regular wash and wax will get rid of swirls and spider scratches the way that "all that garbage" does.

I'd love to have him treat my car. The dealer I bought it from messed it all up with their buffer. Whenever I wash it, you can see all the buffer swirls in the sunlight. It needs that treatment!

Well if you are near, have him do it. I'm guessing you're from Hartford Connecticut though.

Hey man....the Ice wax is pretty good. Several on here use it. If I want to really get it shining I use Zaino.

It puts a good shine on the car, but so does Olive oil. Do some serious research if you want a real shine that protects as well. You need to prep the paint before you apply all the glossy stuff (Glaze, Wax, Sealant). Zaino is a good product.

It puts a good shine on the car, but so does Olive oil. Do some serious research if you want a real shine that protects as well. You need to prep the paint before you apply all the glossy stuff (Glaze, Wax, Sealant). Zaino is a good product.

I always prep my paint before I apply any type of wax whether it be ice wax, zaino or olive oil, lets not make that mistake.

For the typical job use Zymol.

Unless you are going all out like that guy nothing can beat it for a typical average persons job.

The only zymol I ever see is the cleaner wax.

On Ice: I have it. Use it when I'm lazy, since it applies and wipes off so easily. But it seems like dust and things stick to my paint faster when I use it. It also seems I need to apply it almost every time I wash the car.

I need a buffer. KD00LS, since you are really into detailing, are you getting a Flex?

I did the same thing with the Ice. I hate it now, it does seem to make stuff like pollen stick alot easier. It is a quick detail dont forget, so I wouldnt expect it to last that long let alone a good washing.

Grab some MOTHERS Clay Bar KIT

Yeah... you don't need all that. Just grab a CLAY BAR KIT from Mothers and some good polish and wax and your car will shine just like that.

-1. clay bar does a good job decontaminating the surface, but does nothing for getting rid of paint swirls.

Dont' get me wrong, clay bar is a great step, and should be used, but it's intended usage is not for paint correction.

Agree....

Yes... Clay bar does nothing for swirl marks but again my car doesn't look as bad as the example used here.

But clay bar sure does make it easier for polishing and waxing.

Thanks.

I need a buffer. KD00LS, since you are really into detailing, are you getting a Flex?

Yes, I'm pretty into detailing. The Flex is an excellent machine. If I recall correctly it can switch between rotary and orbital and has 60% more power than the Porter Cable 7424. I have the 7424 and also like it alot, a very useful and cost efficient tool and virtually impossible to screw up on the paint.

Oh yeah definitely. The difference is very measureable between clay barring and not before polishing/waxing. The first time I used it, then waxed. I had a big smile when I had the window down, and my hand outside just gliding over the smooooooth surface on the door.

Oh, and must be nice to have an 06. I bet the paint looks worlds better than mine.

Yes, I'm pretty into detailing. The Flex is an excellent machine. If I recall correctly it can switch between rotary and orbital and has 60% more power than the Porter Cable 7424. I have the 7424 and also like it alot, a very useful and cost efficient tool and virtually impossible to screw up on the paint.

I'd probably burn the paint if I had the Flex. I was just wondering because if you were going to purchase the Flex, I'd buy your PC :D

-1. clay bar does a good job decontaminating the surface, but does nothing for getting rid of paint swirls.

Dont' get me wrong, clay bar is a great step, and should be used, but it's intended usage is not for paint correction.

I agree and disagree slightly. The clay bar won't do anything to remove swirls, but as far as paint correction goes it is a crucial step. It is commonly overlooked by amateur/weekend detailers and is necessary in paint restoration. Removing the embedded dirt/tar/bugs/rain deposits is just as important as removing swirls and scratches. It can be a dangerously skipped step using a power tool and can cause even more scratches and marring if the paint you are correcting isn't completely clean. I apologize if I interpreted what you said wrong. The only step in a paint correction that *can* be skipped is the application of a glaze.

Members online

Back