24's?

and talking about phones i have the tmobile dash.. have any have u tried it?

I think they're way too big, looks gawdy...like the donks. If you like it though then it's worth it. Hope you get the issue of it rubbing fixed.

yea. i would rather have stock wheels and my car lowered then riding larger wheels. i put 19"s on my mazda6 when i had it. i felt every bump. they were such a hassel. i ended up hitting a big pothole and destroying 2 rims.

i hope he dosent raise the suspension now and make it look like a 4x4. that would really look ugly.

The only reason the "older" crowd hates them, is that the "older" crowd might be some of the ones who have had the opportunity to tour the old Wixom LS assembly plant, and actually speak with the Engineers who designed the LS suspension, and see how much effort went into this design. And those same engineers stated that 17 is the optimal size for ride and handling, with 18 being the absolute largest to take advantage of the ride handling. Anything beyond that, and you end up with a car that handles worse, rides more harsh, and most likely will have rubbing and bent rims.

Now we all know that ANYTHING can be done to a vehicle..and in the end, it's up to the owner.

But even an idiot knows that also from a financial perspective...why in the hell would a person spend MORE money on wheels..that dont fit properly no less..than the actual vehicle. WTF

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

infinity.jpg

Sorry,
I enhance my cars performance first. Cars like this must ride and corner like crap. I would race a Donk any day.

But hey, to each his own. ;)

on a str8 away.. the donk on the picture u have above (from miami, where i live) would prolly spank up the LS bad...

that car u have above got repainted and had a new engine dropped in.. but they are monsters on a str8 away i tell u.. with or without the big wheels.. they still haul..

on a str8 away.. the donk on the picture u have above (from miami, where i live) would prolly spank up the LS bad...

that car u have above got repainted and had a new engine dropped in.. but they are monsters on a str8 away i tell u.. with or without the big wheels.. they still haul..

Tell me, just how much do you know about performance and gear ratios? Because the reality of the matter is, the Chevy 12 bolt rear-end in that car (I believe that's what it's got; anyway, that's the best chevy had in their cars; so this is all best case scenario) not only can't handle a lot of power, but the gear ratio's available are not that low to be able to compensate for a 200% increase in tire diameter. I'm raising the BS flag on that one; even if he had a 500HP engine under the hood, getting gearing that would allow the power to put put to the ground in a even semi efficient manner would be next to impossible. Even if you could, a couple runs with solid hook up and you'd grenade that POS chevy rear-end.

Lets be honest, a car like that is show; not go. Plus, you're just asking for axle wrap like crazy; it would be the equivalent of drag racing a truck with a giant lift and mudders. Sure, for what it is it MIGHT have some balls, but it will still be a slug when you get it next to that tree and punch the gas on the last yellow.

That BS isn't fooling anyone

Anyhow, I think it looks like crap; any time something isn't proportional to the vehicle I think it looks bad... such as S-10's with 3 feet of body lift and 40" mudders... not proportional. And I'm 25; granted, I'm not still in high school but I'm sure not old. Truth is, most guys that own cars like that are in my age range; anyone older is just still trying to grasp for their slipping youth, anyone younger is slinging rocks to pay for it (in which case, you're just asking for Johnny Law to do an asset forfeiture)

But two each their own

Automobile enthusiasts automatically will hate putting those ridiculously big rims on a car. By doing so, you render the entire car functionless. It now neither handles, stops, or performs any other function but having big shiney rims. You can't even go over bumps quickly for fear of damaging the five figures you've invested in the wheels.

When a person who likes driving sees a car like that, it is bothersome. You know the owner has no regard for the engineering of the car or the art of driving. The car has no function. And frankly, it looks ridiculous.

Personally, I've always thought that cars shouldn't go above 20" and trucks/suv's at 22" - and I'm only 21. My LS is bone stock, but even if I were to upgrade my rims, I think 18's are the best fit for the car, performance and visual wise. Rims are kinda like a set of boobs - bigger doesn't always equal out to better.

I think they're VERY over the top, and I'm 18. I was never "down" with the hip-hop/bling scene so I guess that's why. Looks way too big for the LS, like those people who buy t-shirts in 4XL when the fit into a medium (hip-hop again :rolleyes: hmmm).

This is all my opinion, though good luck with em and those 24s do separate you from a majority of other LS owners, for better or for worse.

Also, I think I higher quality pic would benefit you greatly.

Bangin LS, I never seen or heard of a white LS on 24's, as for Alan he had his last spring? I think he put his Impala SS and LS on 24's the exact same day. ..

I heard of the one in Nokturnal Car Club, but didn't he do them this year..?

As for lseguy, this is not my first car, nor my daily driver.. I own a 2003 stocked civic.. And an 03 F-150 supercrew..With wheels of course..22"s.. As for the wheels costing more than the car, I could careless. Honestly, I would sell the car to the first person with 4800 in there hand. I plan to buy a newer one sooner or later, so I'll keep the wheels.

And what does hip-hop/rap have to do with any of this?.. I personally don't even like rap, I listen to some R&B... I don't like even like chevy's, much less lifted...

And yes, I'm 20, going on 21 soon...Age has nothing to do with this... Has nothing to do with getting girls, I've been with the same one since..15... Has nothing to do with hip-hop/rap, nor bling..

So if anyone is interested in a LS, lives in the traid area of NC...or Va we can arrange something, nothing big has been modified to the car, yet.. Haven't had the wheels on the car no longer than a week... 140k miles, that's why it's 4800...Other than that the car is still in great condition..

btw, thanks for the comments, and I'll put some pictures up as soon as I get them...

I like this guy, he's came out and been very mature about debating his car, Most people come along and cant take the :q:q:q:q LVC gives and usually scares them away, he seems to be a respectable guy. Welcome aboard and dont let it get to you, its your ride do your thing.

I like this guy, he's came out and been very mature about debating his car, Most people come along and cant take the :q:q:q:q LVC gives and usually scares them away, he seems to be a respectable guy. Welcome aboard and dont let it get to you, its your ride do your thing.

+1

I thought that custom black copper flaked LS with black 22's looked nice, but thats because the black 22's looked like the size that chrome 20's would be. seemed to fit nicely. Now chrome 24's... a little big for my taste but unique.

Yeah the black LS on 22s it the reason I got this car. I feel in love with it and said im gonna get it. Now he had to go all out and get 22s and a custom paint job. I love the look of his car, its not to flashy.

Tell me, just how much do you know about performance and gear ratios? Because the reality of the matter is, the Chevy 12 bolt rear-end in that car (I believe that's what it's got; anyway, that's the best chevy had in their cars; so this is all best case scenario) not only can't handle a lot of power, but the gear ratio's available are not that low to be able to compensate for a 200% increase in tire diameter. I'm raising the BS flag on that one; even if he had a 500HP engine under the hood, getting gearing that would allow the power to put put to the ground in a even semi efficient manner would be next to impossible. Even if you could, a couple runs with solid hook up and you'd grenade that POS chevy rear-end.

Lets be honest, a car like that is show; not go. Plus, you're just asking for axle wrap like crazy; it would be the equivalent of drag racing a truck with a giant lift and mudders. Sure, for what it is it MIGHT have some balls, but it will still be a slug when you get it next to that tree and punch the gas on the last yellow.

That BS isn't fooling anyone

like i said.. most of them change everything.. including taking off the rear axle and either getting a higher performance axle or a completely chrome axle..

as far as the nok LS.. i thought he had told me he head it.. and alan posted his car here when he got it done.. atleast i thought..

Man you guys got a let up on people that do things to their LS that is extreme.......

who cares, if you dont' like it, it ain't your car

yea

ya.. thats the one we are talkiin about.. with the 2006-10-7 date..

Members online

No members online now.
Back