LVC Lincoln LS 1/4 mile ET database

R

rocket5979

Ok people here we go. Whatever your LS does in the 1/4 mile or 1/8 mile go ahead and post your times in here. If you can scan your timeslips then cool, if you cannot then just post all the times and mph on the slip.

Though your modlist may be currently contained in your signature please post your full list of performance mods when you post your times too. Also include whether your car is a V6 or V8; and also the year.

Some tech talk is fine, but please stay on topic.

[I am moderating this thread to get rid of all the 'nice one' or 'way to go' type comments so the thread is all info. Sorry if anyone is offended. MonsterMark]

Last edited by a moderator:
2002 LSE
LSK Aluminum Intake with KKM
Magna-Flow cat-back

R/T... .233
60'... 2.269
330'... 6.374
1/8... 9.739
MPH... 73.36
1000'... 12.619
1/4... 15.041
MPH... 93.21

This was done on 20" Foose Lussos
1/4 tank of gas/no spare
Engine was at normal operating temp

I feel I can better it and will

I suppose I will post mine in here too so that it is all centralized.

2005 Lincoln LS V8...

R/T ... .174
60' ... 2.244
330 ... 6.159
1/8 ... 9.339
MPH ... 78.11
1000 ... 12.050
1/4 ... 14.341
MPH ... 98.03

Mods: SCT Xcal2 tuned via RWTD, Custom full intake fabbed by yours truly.

Was a hairs breadth away from hitting a 2.1 60' time on one run. However, it wasn't my best overall run.

Times at the track. Listen to the announcer pretty cool

www.myspace.com/dvarela

give it a sec to load. My best was 14.26 @ 99mph that day, but i liked to show the one with the pony. listen to it with volume up, slightly hear me chirp 3rd. juice going in 5/18/06 i'll put up a vid

VanDarela said:
Oh ok i gotcha, ill get the slips and post them if i can get to a scanner

Its an 05' LSE V8. As far as mods I got 1" Eibach drop, CAI K&N Tyfoon made for 03+ Thunderbird (chrome tube comming from throttle body w/ K&N filter and heat shield), 40 series Flowmaster Mufflers, and XCal. (wet ZEX 100 shot w/ WBC getting installed 5/23/06). My tuner is making me a file for this friday that raises the timing so i can run 103 octane race fuel. I will definatly post the video if it makes a difference. and I will post a video of when i run with the juice.

VanDarela said:
Its an 05' LSE V8. As far as mods I got 1" Eibach drop, CAI K&N Tyfoon made for 03+ Thunderbird (chrome tube comming from throttle body w/ K&N filter and heat shield), 40 series Flowmaster Mufflers, and XCal. (wet ZEX 100 shot w/ WBC getting installed 5/23/06). My tuner is making me a file for this friday that raises the timing so i can run 103 octane race fuel. I will definatly post the video if it makes a difference. and I will post a video of when i run with the juice.

Englishtown Raceway N.J.
5/13/06
12pm 71 degrees

R/T...... .327
60'...... 2.194
330..... 6.104
1/8..... 9.327
MPH.... 77.52
1000... 12.059
1/4..... 14.364
MPH.... 97.24

Little tip for you guys with the XCal2 (you might already know). Remove the plastic cover thats covering the engine. While in the staging lanes waiting, pop your hood open, Set your XCal like your about to change the tune, when it comes to the screen that says "click select to start tune" the fan should turn on.. leave it there with the fan on and the heat inside the car blasting at 90 degrees. do this for like 5-10 minutes so you dont kill your battery, then click "cancel tune". When your ready to get moving your temp guage should read alot colder. And leave the heat blasting right up until your next to line up then shut it off. It takes the heat from the engine and blasts it into the car, just turn the vents away from you so you die of heat exaustion.

VanDarela said:
Little tip for you guys with the XCal2 (you might already know). Remove the plastic cover thats covering the engine. While in the staging lanes waiting, pop your hood open, Set your XCal like your about to change the tune, when it comes to the screen that says "click select to start tune" the fan should turn on.. leave it there with the fan on and the heat inside the car blasting at 90 degrees. do this for like 5-10 minutes so you dont kill your battery, then click "cancel tune". When your ready to get moving your temp guage should read alot colder. And leave the heat blasting right up until your next to line up then shut it off. It takes the heat from the engine and blasts it into the car, just turn the vents away from you so you die of heat exaustion.

Nice trick on the Xcal2 and all but unfortunately it will only help so much. If we had an electrical water pump to really move the water through the engine to cool it then it might make a worthwhile difference. Other than that the fans being on will only make a minor dent in the engine temp.

I run my electric fans and my intercooler pump in my X when I am trying to cool the Kenne Bell 2.2 a little bit. It helps a tad, but nowhere near what it would if the damn thing had the elec water pump to circulate the cooled water to the hot engine too. It would cool off in no time like that! :cool:

rocket5979 said:
Nice trick on the Xcal2 and all but unfortunately it will only help so much. If we had an electrical water pump to really move the water through the engine to cool it then it might make a worthwhile difference. Other than that the fans being on will only make a minor dent in the engine temp.

I run my electric fans and my intercooler pump in my X when I am trying to cool the Kenne Bell 2.2 a little bit. It helps a tad, but nowhere near what it would if the damn thing had the elec water pump to circulate the cooled water to the hot engine too. It would cool off in no time like that! :cool:

No im telling you it really works (unless for some odd reason my temp guage is off by a little, but i highly doubt it) when i have the fan on and heat blasing, hood open and plastic cover off, after a 1 1/2 hour drive to get there, after 10 minutes im less than 1/4 away from the cold mark on the needdle. And you can really tell when you touch the engine itself.... just watch for your battery

VanDarela said:
No im telling you it really works (unless for some odd reason my temp guage is off by a little, but i highly doubt it) when i have the fan on and heat blasing, hood open and plastic cover off, after a 1 1/2 hour drive to get there, after 10 minutes im less than 1/4 away from the cold mark on the needdle. And you can really tell when you touch the engine itself.... just watch for your battery

It is not going to help much because it can only cool the surface of the engine and the gallon or so of coolant in the radiator. After that it can do no more because no coolant can circulate to and through the engine to cool it further. If we had an electric water pump then this would be really beneficial, but since we do not it will only help marginally. I am not trying to discount your method, because it will help a little. If you look at your temp guage after about another minute or two once the thermostat has opened (if it has even closed) and the colder coolant has mixed with the hot stuff sitting in the engine then the guage will go back up a little due to it reading the average temp of the mixed coolant and not just the temp of the colder stuff.

On another note...Good run times. Since ya said you had a vid of the 14.2 run go ahead and throw that and the numbers from the timeslip for that run up in here for people to see too.

K&n Cai

whats up guys, I dont know how many of you are on the LLSOC site but we have come under the impression that the 03+ Thunderbird K&N Typhoon CAI w/ heat sheild fits the 03+ LS perfectly. It comes with a 14hp Guarantee in writing in the box..i took it for a spin and its an amazing improvement (just for the fact its only an intake) I highly recomend it... you can get it the cheapest on www.crutchfield.com $239 no tax, no shipping. Bolts right in 30 min.

post-5813-1148351937.jpg

VanDarela said:
HEY!! This is a forum for 1/4 mile times ONLY take your intake talk somewhere else!!

That was intake tech talk, not just advertising. There is a difference. :D Being that you have one of the faster LS's on this site how about you share some of your knowledge instead of being a smartass all the time? ;)

Mainly, I want to know what the update on that wet nitrous install of yours is. I am right smack dab in the middle of a nitrous install in my LS too. Lets just say that the drivers side rear COP cover bolt can kiss my AZZ! hehe. :D What I am putting in is requiring a lot more wiring than a typical nitrous install though. But with our "one wheel wonder" rear ends the extra work that I am doing is pretty much a neccessity IMO.

Post the video and the timeslip times of that 14.2 run man. I want to take a looksee at that.

rocket5979 said:
That was intake tech talk, not just advertising. There is a difference. :D Being that you have one of the faster LS's on this site how about you share some of your knowledge instead of being a smartass all the time? ;)

Mainly, I want to know what the update on that wet nitrous install of yours is. I am right smack dab in the middle of a nitrous install in my LS too. Lets just say that the drivers side rear COP cover bolt can kiss my AZZ! hehe. :D What I am putting in is requiring a lot more wiring than a typical nitrous install though. But with our "one wheel wonder" rear ends the extra work that I am doing is pretty much a neccessity IMO.

Post the video and the timeslip times of that 14.2 run man. I want to take a looksee at that.

I wasn't "advertising" I was starting "intake tech talk", i just happen to throw in the price and where to get it for the members to benefit from it. My car is getting the N20 on as we speak, im not being a smartass just trying to add a little fun to these forums. As far as tech talk in haveing "one of the faster LS's here" as you put it... When i ran those times I had the same mods as everyone else who runs close to that... At the time I had the KKM CAI, 40 series flowmasters (just mufflers), I let my car cool down alot with that little "XCal fan trick and the heat blasting" before every run, and XCal set to the most aggresive setting it can handle without detonation. alot of people say leave it in auto to do a 1/4 run, but when im in D4 i get a crap time, D5 a little better, But when I shift it i let it go a little further than the 6500RPM and hit it just between 65 and 7000RPM. When staging it I wait until the very last second to touch the throttle and then let go at green (I seem to get a better launch rather then keeping it staged for 3 or 4 seconds waiting for the other guy to do his little burn out and line up). When i launch i do spin a little so to kind of prevent that i go around the water stage it and punch it so it does a burn out on dry ground. (about the 14.2 video, my friend has that i dont know how to put videos on the computer he does it for me, and he's been a little lazy past couple days)

14.2 slip

7:19pm, 3/13/06, about 65 degrees

R/T..... .112
60'...... 2.297
330..... 6.210
1/8..... 9.328
MPH.... 78.96
1000... 11.976
1/4..... 14.227
MPH.... 101.01

A couple of years ago I got our '03 down the 1/4 with a 14.95 time.
A run on the DynoJet showed 244.1hp/270.1ft.trq.
That's with a KKM CAI and Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust only. No Squeeze!
All Natural.

ET-SLIP.JPG

KKM-DY~1.JPG

T_Man said:
A couple of years ago I got our '03 down the 1/4 with a 14.95 time.
A run on the DynoJet showed 244.1hp/270.1ft.trq.
That's with a KKM CAI and Magnaflow Cat Back Exhaust only. No Squeeze!
All Natural.

With that much power you should be putting down a lower ET than that. With your mods you should be mid 14's. With a tune you should be putting down low 14's like VD and I are doing before nitrous. It is still good to see another new gen LS owner modding theirs with things other than big rims and stereo equipment.

Just to clarify, my 14.3 runs and VD's 14.2 run were without nitrous. With nitrous the runs would be more like 12.9's or so.

Ran tonight 2 of 4 runs worth mentioning

R/T...284
60'...2.256
330'...6.405
1/8...9.783
MPH...73.11
1000'...12.675
1/4...15.093
MPH...93.03

R/T...314
60'...2.273
330'...6.415
1/8...9.785
MPH...73.31
1000'...12.669
1/4...15.091
MPH...91.73

02LSE V-8/Magna-Flow cat-back and LSK Aluminum Intake Tube w/KKM
This is with 20" rims on

VanDarela said:
Englishtown Raceway N.J.
5/13/06
12pm 71 degrees

R/T...... .327
60'...... 2.194
330..... 6.104
1/8..... 9.327
MPH.... 77.52
1000... 12.059
1/4..... 14.364
MPH.... 97.24

Went to the track this weekend...No camera guy or scanner for the slip Guess you gotta take my word for it.

R/T...... .532
60'....... 2.236
330...... 5.789
1/8...... 8.708
MPH..... 84.12
1000.... 11.243
1/4...... 13.396
MPH..... 104.73

-K&N Typhoon CAI
-Flowmaster 40 series mufflers
-XCal 2
-Wide Band Commander
-ZEX wet 100 shot N2O

R/T... .234
60'... 2.271
330... 6.383
1/8... 9.682
MPH... 73.78
1000'... 12.591
1/4... 14.989
MPH... 92.98

Man, that's the best I have...I need to run again.

All cars are different. Depends on how well you take care of them.

Ran at orlando speed world, only got one run because it was 10:03 at night and they close the pits at 10 :( i think i could definatly break into the 14's, i ran in d4 and was a little hesitant because it was my first time down a strip... also had half a tank of gas, no spare, and the bump was out. i prob will go back sunday so i will post better times. need to run w/ a 1/4 tank and get the aluminum intake tube and some nitrous :D.

2000 LSV8 Sport
MODS:
Magnaflow Cat-back (no resonators)
KKM Intake
Xcal 2 tuned by Torrie

R/T... .493
60'... 2.356
330... 6.565
1/8... 9.924
MPH... 73.74
1000... 12.760
1/4... 15.131
MPH... 95.29

Ill post a scan of the slip and a video my buddy took tomorrow...

Get the 60' time down to a 2.0 and you're lookin' at a mid 14 second slip. :Beer

With that trap a mid 2.1 should get him mid 14s. 2.2 60' will get him into the 14.8-14.9s.

I'm hoping to hit a 2.0 this year, that should give me 14.3s maybe a 14.2. I'm trapping 95 now and hoping to hit 97 with my Xcal2 now onboard.

I wasn't trying to get technical and sit here rounding off numbers.

Not trying to be a jerk, I agree with you. But having a near identically equiped car with over 50 passes (haven't ran with the Xcal2 yet but have it now) I can give educated guesses on the cars potential thats all.

His is the first 00-02 to trap like mine so I was just giving insight to what the potential should be comfirming his 14sec hopes. With that 60' I'd run the same 15.1 but with mid 2.1s which is common now mid 14s no problem providing you have the mph which he does. Most Gen1s trap 91-93 even with mods.

I want nothing more than to see some Gen1 LSes to run mid 14s.

Members online

Back