Looking for a Gen II Rear Sport Shock

LQ1906

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Whats up guys?

Anyone have a lead on where I can get a Gen II Rear sport shock from. I managed to come up on 1 and it arrived today. Got it for a good price so I snatched it up quickly since I was utterly shocked that this was a Gen II shock for my car but now I need another one. Of course these have long been out of production and extremely hard to find but like this one I'm sure a few unicorns still exist. In the event I do not find one by July what would be another option besides going to coilovers. Monroe struts aren't even a option on my radar. I've been looking online at Ebay, RA, Ford Parts but of course no luck there.

20210223_164039.jpg

20210223_164107.jpg

You most likely would need a time machine to get a new set of them OEM Sport shocks. And you must have bought that lonely one on eBay I take it? I bought it one time myself and cancelled the order before it shipped because it was impossible for me to source the 2nd one.
back-to-the-future-delorean-bc6f28daa5154b8e.jpg

It may be difficult but not impossible and I'm willing to bet someone is hoarding a set or two just gotta find them. Another local LS guy was able to come upon a full set about a year ago. So I'll just wait and see

It may be difficult but not impossible and I'm willing to bet someone is hoarding a set or two just gotta find them. Another local LS guy was able to come upon a full set about a year ago. So I'll just wait and see
Good luck! But I will say that you are going to have a near-impossible time finding it. I went down the same road you are thinking of but never could locate 2 of them ever.

I just put kyb on the back of mine, 55$ each on Rock Auto, and a world of difference better ride. I have the fronts in the mail as we speak!

I just put kyb on the back of mine, 55$ each on Rock Auto, and a world of difference better ride. I have the fronts in the mail as we speak!
KYB would not give the mono-tube feel that he is wanting it would be bouncy being it's a twin-tube shock.

KYB would not give the mono-tube feel that he is wanting it would be bouncy being it's a twin-tube shock.
They are 10 times less bouncy than the blown out ones that were on it, and as you said the oems no longer exist.

They are 10 times less bouncy than the blown out ones that were on it, and as you said the oems no longer exist.
There are options out there that would give the OEM mono-tube ride it's called upgrade to Blisten shocks!

Last edited:
There are options out there that would give the OEM mono-tube ride it's called upgrade to Blisten shocks.

I didn't see any such option when I got mine, you must need to change some hardware to make that work or what? Anyways I'm committed to KYB this go around. happy with the ones I put on the back so I'm getting them for the front as well.

Though I will say I have never driven this car with the proper OEM shocks cuz I just bought it a few months ago and they were blown, I'm happy with the KYB over how it drove when I first bought it I don't even have the fronts yet. Major improvement with just rear.

I didn't see any such option when I got mine, you must need to change some hardware to make that work or what? Anyways I'm committed to KYB this go around. happy with the ones I put on the back so I'm getting them for the front as well.

Though I will say I have never driven this car with the proper OEM shocks cuz I just bought it a few months ago and they were blown, I'm happy with the KYB over how it drove when I first bought it I don't even have the fronts yet. Major improvement with just rear.
All you have to do is order them for a Jaguar S-type and source 2 extra LS rear spring seats/isolators for the bottom of the spring and use them on the front. The rear ones are good already just order another set of used bottom seats from the rear of another Lincoln LS and use on the front and you're golden. B4 or B6 Blisten is the best way to go!

All you have to do is order them for a Jaguar S-type and source 2 extra LS rear spring seats/isolators for the bottom of the spring and use them on the front. The rear ones are good already just order another set of used bottom seats from the rear of another Lincoln LS and use on the front and you're golden. B4 or B6 Blisten is the best way to go!
That just the little plastic piece the spring sits on or is there more to it? I don't know the technical names for all parts, I just replace them myself if I can, LOL!

maybe I'll try that upgrade down the road, my main goal right now is better drivability for cheaper cost cuz the whole suspension and cooling system was trashed I had to replace a lot of stuff, these KYB will last long enough for me to be able to afford the upgrade later if I want. I've already got more than double the initial cost of the car in repairs so far, and I still need new rims and tires and the stereo deck(CD player is broken but I haven't used a CD since 2008 so I'm going to replace the whole Deck with something a little more modern), current ones are rolling but they're all over 6 years old in the Chrome's peeling off my rims, ha

That just the little plastic piece the spring sits on or is there more to it? I don't know the technical names for all parts, I just replace them myself if I can, LOL!

maybe I'll try that upgrade down the road, my main goal right now is better drivability for cheaper cost cuz the whole suspension and cooling system was trashed I had to replace a lot of stuff, these KYB will last long enough for me to be able to afford the upgrade later if I want. I've already got more than double the initial cost of the car in repairs so far, and I still need new rims and tires and the stereo deck(CD player is broken but I haven't used a CD since 2008 so I'm going to replace the whole Deck with something a little more modern), current ones are rolling but they're all over 6 years old in the Chrome's peeling off my rims, ha

It's the part I put an arrow on in the picture below.
s-l1600.jpg

Okay, that's the part I was talking about. Thanks. Then you use the same spring that's already on the front and the jag shock and that's all you need?
Long as your springs are not worn out and if they are you have to source a new oem set of front and rear jaguar s-type springs but still have to do the same thing with the seats.

Long as your springs are not worn out and if they are you have to source a new oem set of front and rear jaguar s-type springs but still have to do the same thing with the seats.
Right on, thanks. Maybe I'll go to pic a part and get those pieces in anticipation of an upgrade in a few years. Thanks.

I have one question for you Dale. I have new Ford shocks for my LS (2002 non-sport version) still setting in the box, I need rear ones. So, are you saying I can order a pair of Blisten B4 for a Jag S-type and they will fit on the rear, if I can get my isolators off the old rear shock and reuse them? I only need another set of rear isolators if I put Jag shocks on the front (which I don't need to do, since I have new factory shocks new in box). I am following you correctly.

I have one question for you Dale. I have new Ford shocks for my LS (2002 non-sport version) still setting in the box, I need rear ones. So, are you saying I can order a pair of Blisten B4 for a Jag S-type and they will fit on the rear, if I can get my isolators off the old rear shock and reuse them? I only need another set of rear isolators if I put Jag shocks on the front (which I don't need to do, since I have new factory shocks new in box). I am following you correctly.
The jag shocks are much tougher than the motorcraft ones and not to mention you shouldn't mix the jag shocks and the motorcraft shocks anyways it has to be all 4 motorcraft or all 4 jag shocks.

The jag shocks are much tougher than the motorcraft ones and not to mention you shouldn't mix the jag shocks and the motorcraft shocks anyways it has to be all 4 motorcraft or all 4 jag shocks.
Then it is back to KYB for the rear then. Cannot find new motorcraft rear shocks, have no other option. Never heard you have to replace all four shock with the same brand. I put several set of shocks and struts on several car and trucks for over 30 years, always replaced them in pairs (both front or both back).

Well, you don't have to...
For best handling, they should all have matching rates.

what's the difference between the fronts and the rears, I just changed both of mine at different times but they look the same to me already, referring to the little plastic piece underneath the spring.

I got kybs on all four now and it rides way better than it did when I first bought it but they're all blown out, never ridden on the real ones so I don't know the difference but it's 10 times better than it was.

what's the difference between the fronts and the rears, I just changed both of mine at different times but they look the same to me already, referring to the little plastic piece underneath the spring.

The bottom metal mounting plate, on the LS), that the spring sets on... is smaller on the front shock. Same with the bottom diameter of the spring too.

You can't put front springs on rear shocks... and you can't put rear springs on front shocks. I won't physically happen.

The Jag S-Type uses the same diameter springs on the front and rear... and the OEM Jag shocks, ( or aftermarket Bilstein's), have the same size bottom spring mounting plate.

The spring rates on the front of the LS are different front and rear. Same with the Jag S-Type too.

The bottom metal mounting plate, on the LS), that the spring sets on... is smaller on the front shock. Same with the bottom diameter of the spring too.

You can't put front springs on rear shocks... and you can't put rear springs on front shocks. I won't physically happen.

The Jag S-Type uses the same diameter springs on the front and rear... and the OEM Jag shocks, ( or aftermarket Bilstein's), have the same size bottom spring mounting plate.

The spring rates on the front of the LS are different front and rear. Same with the Jag S-Type too.
On thanks, someone told me it was the plastic piece I needed, but you're saying it's the metal piece? I did notice the front springs are really stronger for sure, but I didn't notice the size difference but I did do them on different days so possible I just didn't notice. Thanks

The plastic piece, (called an "isolator"), sits on top of the bottom metal plate of the shock.

Look at the pics in this thread...
yeah there's a arrow pointing at plastic part in the picture above, the metal part is part of the strut, doesn't appear to come off which is why I am confused about what you're talking about exactly. Thanks

Members online

Back