Looking for a Gen II Rear Sport Shock

First of all... it's not a strut. It's a "coil over shock".

You asked what the difference was between the front and rear. As I said... the difference is the size, (diameter), of the coil springs and isolators, (white nylon piece), at the bottom of the shocks.

The isolators aren't interchangable front to rear. The shocks aren't interchangeable front to rear. The springs aren't interchangable front to rear.

First of all... it's not a strut. It's a "coil over shock".

You asked what the difference was between the front and rear. As I said... the difference is the size, (diameter), of the coil springs and isolators, (white nylon piece), at the bottom of the shocks.

The isolators aren't interchangable front to rear. The shocks aren't interchangeable front to rear. The springs aren't interchangable front to rear.
I guess you're confused too. Check post #10 in this thread to see what I'm talking about. Thanks.

LOL... no I'm not confused. If you wanna know where Dale got that information... you need to click on the link in post #16. :rolleyes:
So you're saying he's incorrect? I'm led to believe all you need is the isolator from the rears to put on the front but you say they aren't interchangable?

No... I'm not saying that Dale is incorrect. Dale was talking about installing Bilstein shocks, (for a Jaguar S-Type), on the LS.

There IS more to that... as I tried to explain in post #26.

You can't just buy front Bilstein Jag shocks and bolt them up. They wont work with the LS front springs... so you have to find the proper front Jag springs. There's more to that also.

If you took the time to study the LS, you would notice the design and engineering differences between the front and rear suspenion, (and brakes, and cooling system)... and how things work.

No... I'm not saying that Dale is incorrect. Dale was talking about installing Bilstein shocks, (for a Jaguar S-Type), on the LS.

There IS more to that... as I tried to explain in post #26.

You can't just buy front Bilstein Jag shocks and bolt them up. They wont work with the LS front springs... so you have to find the proper front Jag springs. There's more to that also.

If you took the time to study the LS, you would notice the design and engineering differences between the front and rear suspenion, (and brakes, and cooling system)... and how things work.
yes and I was asking what I needed to install the bliston shocks, and he said only the plastic isolator. My question was what's the difference between the front and rear isolators because I changed my shocks on different days but the isolators already look like the same to me. I did them about a week apart but I noticed no difference, that was my question. Thanks.

yes and I was asking what I needed to install the bliston shocks, and he said only the plastic isolator. My question was what's the difference between the front and rear isolators because I changed my shocks on different days but the isolators already look like the same to me. I did them about a week apart but I noticed no difference, that was my question. Thanks.

Then you misunderstood what Dale was saying... and if you think the bottom of the front and rear springs, (and isolators), look the same... you better look again. They are different diameters at the bottom.

It's very noticeable.

Then you misunderstood what Dale was saying... and if you think the bottom of the front and rear springs, (and isolators), look the same... you better look again. They are different diameters at the bottom.

It's very noticeable.
Ok thanks, yes I changed them a week apart, didn't notice diameter difference but I'll believe ya. They appeared to be the same thickness is why I was asking. Still don't understand what rear part I need for the front, cause Dale said isolator only. Guess I'll figure it out in a couple years or so when I need struts again, thanks.

Members online

Back