2002 Lincoln LS Super Sport????

AmsterDutch

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Okay guys ...I have a question...Is there such a thing as the 2002 Lincoln LS Super Sport? I'm going to check out a Lincoln LS tomorrow that the guy claims is a Super Sport LS ...he said there was only 200 of these made...any thoughts are welcomed
image 2 of 5
00X0X_6BNYlLsgwqC_1200x900.jpg

00B0B_b7bdWqAYVeZ_1200x900.jpg

00f0f_9ZEfx0Ocq3y_600x450.jpg

00W0W_65kvddEeseD_600x450.jpg

image 5 of 5
00X0X_6BNYlLsgwqC_600x450.jpg

00B0B_b7bdWqAYVeZ_600x450.jpg

00f0f_9ZEfx0Ocq3y_600x450.jpg

01717_dl6ZLnAeh2V_600x450.jpg

00W0W_65kvddEeseD_600x450.jpg

No such thing from Lincoln. Possibly some dealer add on.

LS "Super Sport"

Here is an old thread about it. Not much more than a badge and body kit.
Thanks for the Thread ...it must have been a dealer thing...the guy brought the car from New York back in 2003 when he bought it and it's been stored every winter in MN it will be worth checking this out tomorrow...hoping to make a deal

How to add $2000 of mods and sell it for $5000 markup as a dealer. Sometimes, it works out like the 1970 Mach 1 Twister. Usually, it's just short term BS like the above. It's only special if you want a preinstalled Razzi kit and little league trophy plaques

Of all things though, they pulled a Chevy moniker. Not GT? Not R? Not 500? Sure, the trim was already a Sport, but you wouldn't expect to see an Impala Cobra or Charger GT500

Well went to check out the " So called Lincoln Ls SS lol ...the guy was do but hurt when I explained the story behind his Super Sport...well I passed on it ...nice car but yo much would in the fire...the LSE Project is enough for now

Oddly enough, when I took of my grille to paint it, I noticed molded into the plastic as part of the part number and description it actually says 'super sport'. The car doesn't have any of the dealer nonsense. Maybe just a style for the grille and a coincidence, but I thought it was interesting.

Sorry for the delay, life is hectic lately. Here's a photo (inside, passenger side).

Edit: Weird, I see the thumbnail from imgur wasn't showing up anymore; I'll embed it below. This is the inside of the grille. I'll try and grab a picture or two of the painted side and upload later. Though she's a bit dirty from the rain and leaves lately...

lincoln-ls-grille-super-sport.jpg

Last edited:
Now I see the pic. Huh. Just checked mine... and it says the same thing. Mine is just a chrome grill with the standard black vertical bars.

Okay guys ...I have a question...Is there such a thing as the 2002 Lincoln LS Super Sport? I'm going to check out a Lincoln LS tomorrow that the guy claims is a Super Sport LS ...he said there was only 200 of these made...any thoughts are welcomed
image 2 of 5
View attachment 828572914
View attachment 828572915
View attachment 828572916

View attachment 828572917
image 5 of 5
View attachment 828572918
View attachment 828572919
View attachment 828572920
View attachment 828572921
View attachment 828572922
No such thing. It was a limited run of a deal on the east coast. They used the Razzi side skirts and rear valance to get the look. NO PERFORMANCE UPGRADES!!!! The cheap dash plague.

Sorry for the delay, life is hectic lately. Here's a photo (inside, passenger side).

Edit: Weird, I see the thumbnail from imgur wasn't showing up anymore; I'll embed it below. This is the inside of the grille. I'll try and grab a picture or two of the painted side and upload later. Though she's a bit dirty from the rain and leaves lately...

what does/did the outside look like?

Just the regular vertical bar grille. Don't have a picture before, but the grey color didn't really go well with the black, so I sprayed it when I refinished the headlamps, fog lamps and Lincoln emblem. Approx 3-4 coats flat black, ~4 coats satin clear. Matches the car much better now.

lincoln-ls-grille.jpg

On the ls "ss" does the radio come with the wood grain center console? The ls's I have seen didnt have all wood center like the ls in these pics.

On the ls "ss" does the radio come with the wood grain center console? The ls's I have seen didnt have all wood center like the ls in these pics.

That's an aftermarket peel-n-stick add on.
The "SS" thing was just a dealer add on, not factory. The factory tried to keep the dealers from doing crap like that.

Just the regular vertical bar grille. Don't have a picture before, but the grey color didn't really go well with the black, so I sprayed it when I refinished the headlamps, fog lamps and Lincoln emblem. Approx 3-4 coats flat black, ~4 coats satin clear. Matches the car much better now.

View attachment 828573175
Your LS looks mighty fine in that pic. The paint on the bumber looks nice and shiny black. My bumber has a few chips in it from bugs being washed off.

Last edited:
I am new to lvc, and I actually bought this car. It is my second car, never owned a lincoln before. I live in Minnesota, and when it gets cold, my car does not like to heat. The air it blows is warm, rather than hot, even after a 45 min drive. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Members online

Back