heater control valve replacement.

Cody Hoover

New LVC Member
Reaction score
So i have a 2001 Lincoln LS with the 3.9 v8. Well i recently figured out that i have to change the heater control valve. Ive already purchased the replacement heater control valve. i cant find much information on how to really change it. Ive tried to youtube it. But all im finding is people replaceing them on the v6 models. any info or insight would be greatly appriciated!!

upload_2019-2-2_22-16-40.png

upload_2019-2-2_22-17-10.png

upload_2019-2-2_22-17-28.png

I had a DCCV valve issue in my 2005 v6. What was odd is the parking brake light on the shift console would not go off. Then only one side of the heater worked. Lincoln dealer charged to do an inspection of my brakes and why light would not go off and had no solution just saying my brakes were fine. Funny how even an official dealer could not find the issue with the brake light but was more than happy to charge me. I found a post on this forum about the heater and fixed the DCCV valve. Ironically the brake light then also went off. This has happened twice so seems like it is a little more than coincidence about the brake light. Not sure how the brake light is related to the DCCV other than somehow it is throwing off the brake sensor is my best guess. Just my personal experience in the event it may help someone else.

... Ironically the brake light then also went off. This has happened twice so seems like it is a little more than coincidence about the brake light. Not sure how the brake light is related to the DCCV other than somehow it is throwing off the brake sensor is my best guess. Just my personal experience in the event it may help someone else.

No, not ironic. It's a fairly well known issue. A bad DCCV can also cause audio system and other problems, but the EPB seems to be particularly sensitive.
Your DCCV failure was that the coolant started leaking through the solenoid stem seal(s) into one or both of the solenoids. This corroded the winding(s) in the coil(s) and caused it to start shorting out. The shorts weren't strong enough to blow the fuse, but they did cause a whole lot of electrical noise to be generated. The EPB module was fooled by this into thinking the problem was with itself.

Members online

Back