God is Only a Theory

Your approach will only work with the open-minded. worm's, (and others) simply want to pull your strings and make you jump while they loll at ease and giggle about what they've made you do. Shake off the dust!

KS

You keep demanding proof. The burden of proof is on you. Prove that I'm wrong---which you cannot do. You started this by spouting negativity. Yammering that something 'isn't' does nothing but run you out of breath. KS

prove what. i'm not the one claiming an imaginary friend of 04's is real. he is, and so are you. so, prove your claim. it's not up to me to disprove you.
the one who makes a claim of existence has the burden of proof, ks.
like i said, take a fuckin picture of him and get back to me. til then, he's a figment of your imagination and 04's.
i'm closed minded for denying god yet open to all possibilities, and you only accept one. fuck your ignorant ks. and so is anybody who believes the non believers are closed minded.

Last edited:
04, my final reply to you. ok. i posted an article, because of all the ignorant religious people who keep claiming that science ideals are just a theory. so, it was a little stab at that ridiculousness. amazing thing is that you and donno especially have come to epitomize that thought in this thread. read the first article. i didn't write it.
i'd quote what parts directly i'm replying to from you, but don't have that much time to waste. you'll just have to apply it to any posts you made.
when you have something concrete, get back to me.
invite it down, and if it shows, i'll buy dinner. :D
til then, enjoy life 04. i do.

edit. a thought came to me. ok so you reply using egyptian writings as proof for the truth of the bible. would it not stand to reason that it's also proof of egyptian truth? and all their gods are real too by that standard?
so, sorry 04, my last reply til i get a phone call about a dinner and a guest you want me to meet. IN PERSON.

Last edited:
But you're not open to meeting Him. You simply stir fecal matter in order to make a stink so you have something to giggle about.

I won't go over, again with you, the meaning of 'Faith'. You are determined to ignore the concept or you are unable to grasp it. The result is the same either way

KS

Your approach will only work with the open-minded. worm's, (and others) simply want to pull your strings and make you jump while they loll at ease and giggle about what they've made you do. Shake off the dust!

KS

Cam,

I'm-not-doing-this-for-me,,,-nor-am-I-letting-worm-"pull-my-strings".--I'm-DOING-this...for-the-"undecided"-that-may-stumble-across-this-thread!!!--I'm-doing-this,,,-for-those-who-are-on-the-"cusp"-of-a-decision-about-God!!!

It's-obvious-to-you-and-others...that-I-have-proven-Wrm-wrong-on-many-of-his-accusations,,,-and-I-have-enjoyed-the-challenge.--Many-things-that-have-been-discussed...are-what-people-actually-struggle-with,,,-when-it-comes-to-the-idea-of-a-Supreme-Creator.

Wrm's-argument-has-caused-me-to-bring-up-many-resources...that-PROVE-the-existence-of-God,-(at-least-to-a-mind-with-proper-reason).

I-hope-you-understand-why-I-perpetuate-this-debate.

it's not up to me to disprove you.

And-this-is-where-things-go-"circular"-AGAIN.

As-I-have-said-MULTIPLE-times-recently-in-this-thread-Wrm.........YOU-are-the-one-who-started-this-thread.......SOOOOO,,,-the-"burden-of-proof"-actually-lays-on-you...to-prove-God-doesn't-exist!!!!!

You-haven't-done-that....while-I-may-have-proven-to-others,,,that-God-IS-actually-more-than-a-theory.---Thanks-for-the-help-and-inspiration-Wrm!!!--In-all-actuality,,,you-probably-hurt-your-point,-(not-only-by-your-attitude,-but-also-by-your-denial-without-proof),-and-helped-mine,(and-others).

You-Wrm...have-been-your-own-best-enemy,,,by-focusing-on-one-inflexible-LIMITED-point-you-believe...while-rejecting-what-others-have-said.

YOU-Wrm...lost-the-debate...and-control-of-this-thread,,,-a-very-long-time-ago.--I-think-more-people-have-seen-that-over-the-last-700+posts...than-you-realize!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!--This-thread-has-been-"hijacked"...at-least-a-couple-of-times...and-gone-on-without-you-into-"side-debates",,,that-you-virtually-gave-no-input.

You-could-leave-this-thread-today...and-I-have-a-feeling-that-other-people-would-be-open-to-discussions-about-God,,,-and-would-continue-without-you...past-1000-posts.--But-some-people-don't-want-to-deal-with-your-negative,sneering-attitude...so-they-remain-quiet.

You're-preaching-your-rhetoric-from-a-"bully-pulpit"-Wrm...hoping-you-get-the-last-word-while-bullying-others-into-submission-with-your-one-sided-lack-of-knowledge.

Ain't-gonna-happen-dude!!!!!

like i said, take a fuckin picture of him and get back to me. til then, he's a figment of your imagination and 04's.
i'm closed minded for denying god yet open to all possibilities, and you only accept one. fuck your ignorant ks. and so is anybody who believes the non believers are closed minded.

Actually...there-are-many-"images",(figurines),-of-many-gods-throughout-HISTORY.--Jews-in-the-Old-Testament-actually-worshiped-some-of-them.--So..."pictures"-have-been-taken-and-pressed-into-shape-from-clay...in-an-image-that-MAN-thought-God-"looked-like".

Open-to-all-possibilities-Wrm?????????????-----YOU-seem-to-accept-ALL-ideas,,,EXCEPT-the-idea-of-a-"Mastor-Creator".--SOMEONE-who-could-CREATE-something-from-nothing!!!!-----Remember-your-beloved-"science"-Wrm??????-----It-says-"nothing-can-come-from-nothing".

YES-Wrm...you-are-the-one-who-has-closed-his/her-mind-to-the-idea-of-God,(Master-Creator).--Don't-know-why-you-are-like-this,,,but-if-you-want-to-PM-me,,,and-talk-about-this-privately...I-will-be-willing-to-do-that.

At-this-point...that-is-the-closest-you-will-get-to-buying-me-dinner.--I-can-bring-my-"FRIEND"-along,,,but-you-wouldn't-listen-or-acknowlege-Him.--I've-been-trying-to-introduce-you-to-Him...for-over-700-posts,,,-but-you-don't-seem-to-want-to-know-Him.

edit. a thought came to me. ok so you reply using egyptian writings as proof for the truth of the bible. would it not stand to reason that it's also proof of egyptian truth? and all their gods are real too by that standard?

Already-explained-this-above-in-this-post-Wrm.--As-most-pagan-nations-did-centuries/eons-ago....man-formed-the-gods-they-believed-in,,,by-their-own-hands...into-an-image-they-thought-"the-gods"-looked-like.

Thing-is-Wrm...If-you-check-Jewish,-Muslim,-and-Christian-theology-and-historical-records-of-those-3-"FAITHS"...there-is-NO-man-made-image-of-that-singular-God...that-Created-everything-from-the-beginning-of-time.

All-other-"religions"-offer-some-sort-of-physical-"deity"-for-cause-of-humanities-existence.--The-"big-three"...don't-dare-to-attempt-to-do-that.

Again...we-can-talk-privately,,,-and-I'll-bring-my-"FRIEND"....however,,,-my-answers-won't-change.

BTW!!!--Nice-language-directed-to-others.--Part-of-your-"bully-pulpit"???

all the ignorant religious people who keep claiming that science ideals are just a theory.

Examples?

Science and it's findings don't exist without theory. There has to be certain philosophical assumptions for the scientific method even to make rational sense, let alone any interpretation of observations/evidence/data. And, yes, that include metaphysical assumptions. ;)

04, my final reply to you. ok. i posted an article, because of all the ignorant religious people who keep claiming that science ideals are just a theory. so, it was a little stab at that ridiculousness. amazing thing is that you and donno especially have come to epitomize that thought in this thread. read the first article. i didn't write it.

I-missed-this-earlier,,,but-am-adressing-this-now...and-to-a-degree,,,sticking-up-for-"Don-O".

Despite-Don's-and-my-disagreements-on-the-THEOLOGY-of-the-Bible...I-do-remember-Don-and-I-being-mostly-on-the-same-side-regarding-science,(with-some-minor-differences-of-opinion)...that-ended-up-getting-worse.

I-personally,,,-have-never-disputed-science-as-proof-or-disproof-of-the-Bible,,,but-have-instead-"compared-both"...in-a-reasonable-manner.--I-even-went-as-far-as-to-quote-Einstein..."science-without-religion,,,religion-without-science",,,look-it-up-for-yourself.

I-actually-have-touted-science-as-PROOF-for-the-existence-of-God...and-when-I-did-that...you-dismissed-science-also.--So-at-this-point,,,you-are-contradicting-yourself.---"Don-O"-did-this-in-the-past...and-never-recovered-before-he-was-banned,(for-other-reasons).

Be-careful-what-you-accuse-Wrm!!!!--You-maybe-able-to-edit-your-own-posts-from-years-past...but-you-CAN'T-edit-mine.--I-will-stand-behind-everything-I-have-said-here-over-the-last-year...-or-two...-or-so.

I-would-have-thought,(hoped),by-now...that-you-didn't-see-me-as-a-"religious"-person.--Evidently,,,you-have-me-"labeled"-as-something-I-am-not...based-on-your-own-bias-of-the-discussion-of-this-thread-you-started.

If-you-see-me-as-epitomizing-a-subset-of-"beliefs"-or-"rules"...then-you-really-have-NO-CLUE-where-I-am-coming-from!!!---"Faith"-is-not-about-"beliefs"-or-"rules"...but-about-having-an-actual-relationship-(friendship),with-someone-YOU-neither-understand-or-BELIEVE-in.

Calling worm a 'Postmodernist' is the equivalent of calling the sorry mishmash that passes for communication within the inner city of Detroit 'Ebonics'. It's an attempt to dignify ignorance and indifference, in the case of the language, and the gleeful malignance of a socially inept imp in the case of the worm.

04, I believe you and I come from, more-or-less the same direction when discussing beliefs. But you seem to be driven to emulate TV evangelists. I'm leery of the whole brood. Billy Graham, whose honesty and basic goodness is unquestioned, means well, but he has only one message---'How to make chicken soup'. Pour water on a chicken in a pot and boil it. There are only so many variations possible so he must be constantly seeking a new audience. Since I already know how to make chicken soup, I don't need to have him yell the recipe at me another time. Creflo Dollar needs a new Gulfstream so his message is easily understood.

Preaching to those who have little interest, and only look in here to see the controversy, does very little good.

Personally, I enjoy skewering those who, such as worm, are merely agitators. I wish YOU well.

KS

Priests will never burn because there is no hell, or heaven. THAT is how they keep getting away with it. There is no penalty. The same goes with political criminals. This is how religion (government) controls the masses. It makes them believe that fighting back is best handled by an entity that does not exist. It keeps citizens in their cages. Why do you think they do not tax religion? Religion does the government's job of subduing citizens.

But you're not open to meeting Him. You simply stir fecal matter in order to make a stink so you have something to giggle about.

I won't go over, again with you, the meaning of 'Faith'.

meeting who, god or 04?:D
as i said, get them down here, and i'll buy dinner. i'd be happy to meet it in person. any one of them.
and i grab the meaning of FAITH just fine. i can even use it in a sentence. :rolleyes:
i don't know if you reply in hopes i won't return. maybe that's why you lie. i have said i don't believe from lack of concrete evidence.
i'm open to any that make a personal appearance. :cool:
of course, i'd want a few tricks for divinity. something along the lines already done.
like maybe have everyone speak the same language. after all, it would just be righting what it fucked up before. :rolleyes:
it's not an unreasonable request. just a pearlour trick to what's in space.

Actually...there-are-many-"images",(figurines),-of-many-gods-throughout-HISTORY.--Jews-in-the-Old-Testament-actually-worshiped-some-of-them.--So..."pictures"-have-been-taken-and-pressed-into-shape-from-clay...in-an-image-that-MAN-thought-God-"looked-like".
seriously? ancient dolls are now gods? do you see how limited your thinking is.
all hail the tits of barbie.:rolleyes:
so what god is that one? the 36, 26, 36 one? your just grasping at straws everywhere.
and trust me, it's up to you to prove god. not up to me to disprove YOUR imaginary friend 04. any rational person knows you can't disprove figments of imagination.
as long as you claim it, it can't be disproven.
so, the onus is on you to prove it. i won't hold my breath.
good bye 04.

Yammering, 'Prove it', is simply going back to your beginning. As you've set things up, the burden of proof is on you. And since proving a negative is an impossibility... You're back where you started.

KS

Calling worm a 'Postmodernist' is the equivalent of calling the sorry mishmash that passes for communication within the inner city of Detroit 'Ebonics'.

So-Cam...you-are-saying-that-"post-moderists"-have-no-idea-what-they-are-taling-about...because-they-don't-evenknow-what-they-are-spewing????-;-)

Priests will never burn because there is no hell, or heaven. THAT is how they keep getting away with it. There is no penalty. The same goes with political criminals. This is how religion (government) controls the masses. It makes them believe that fighting back is best handled by an entity that does not exist. It keeps citizens in their cages. Why do you think they do not tax religion? Religion does the government's job of subduing citizens.

While-this-may-be-true-of-RELIGION...it-is-NOT-true-about-FAITH-in-God.

Kuei...-at-this-point-I'll-take-your-comments-as-well-put-sarcasim.--Cam...I'll-suggest-you-do-the-same.--Kuei...if-your-point-is-as-I-suggested...then-fine.--If-not-sarcasim,,,then-you-need-to-explain-further.

seriously? ancient dolls are now gods? do you see how limited your thinking is.
all hail the tits of barbie.:rolleyes:
so what god is that one? the 36, 26, 36 one? your just grasping at straws everywhere.
and trust me, it's up to you to prove god. not up to me to disprove YOUR imaginary friend 04. any rational person knows you can't disprove figments of imagination.

Nooo...Not-what-I-said!!!--Now-you-are-trying-to-TWIST-what-I-am-saying...just-like-what-"DON-O"-did.--Careful-Wrm...you-are-starting-to-head-in-a-downward-spiral!!!

Ancient-Pagan-Gods...were,-(as-you-put-it)...formed-into-dolls/IDOLS...to-worship.--AGAIN...you-can-check-history,,,-and-you-won't-find-a-"doll"...in-the-image-of-a-Mastor-Creator!!!

Score???....Bible-4,,,Wrm-0!!!----I-could-easily-make-this...Bible-5,,,Wrm-0!!!

Again-Wrm...you-are-trying-to-make-this-debate-go-circular...and-doing-a-worse-Job-than-"Don-O".--YOUR-arguments-are-much-weaker-than-"Don-O's".

Thing-is..."Don"-would-have-NEVER-stooped-to-the-mockery-of-bodily-measurements-to-try-and-prove-his-point.--New-low-for-you-worm.--keep-spiraling-downward!!!

And-one-last-time...You-started-this-thread,,,and-have-absolutely-NO-proof-that-God-is-only-a-theory!!!--Not-my-proof-to-prove-God-exists.--This-isn't-my-thread...it's-yours!!!!--So-where-is-YOUR-proof...beyond-one-miserable-website-link??????????---That-God-doesn't-exist?????

You-said-it-best-above-in-what-I-quoted-you-on.--"any rational person knows you can't disprove figments of imagination".

If-you-were-correct...you-should-have-said:--"any rational person knows you can disprove figments of imagination".

"Freudian-slip"-there-Wrm???

QUOTE="hrmwrm, post: 2037420261, member: 9809"]i don't know if you reply in hopes i won't return. maybe that's why you lie.[/QUOTE]

And-see...this-is-one-more-thing.--When-a-person-runs-out-of-valid-arguments...they-start-accusing-the-other-person-of-lying.--It's-part-of-human-nature-when-a-person-gets-cornered.

SPLAT!!!-----YOU-just-hit-the-ground-Bud,,,face-first-in-the-mud!!!!!!!!!

i'm open to any that make a personal appearance. :cool:
of course, i'd want a few tricks for divinity. something along the lines already done.
like maybe have everyone speak the same language. after all, it would just be righting what it fucked up before. :rolleyes:
it's not an unreasonable request.

THAT"S-what-people-do...that-DON'T-have-FAITH.--They-demand-"magic-tricks"-of-God...and-when-they-don't-happen,,,the-person-denies-God's-existence.

You-lost-the-SCIENCE-argument-a-long-time-ago...and-you-know-it,,,so-now-you-are-trying-to-pull-things-out-of-your-Ass.

SPLAT!!!

--Calling-others-liars,,,when-you-can't-logically,-scientifically,-or-factually-refute-what-others-are-saying???

SPLAT!!!

04, I believe you and I come from, more-or-less the same direction when discussing beliefs. But you seem to be driven to emulate TV evangelists. I'm leery of the whole brood. Billy Graham, whose honesty and basic goodness is unquestioned, means well, but he has only one message---'How to make chicken soup'. Pour water on a chicken in a pot and boil it. There are only so many variations possible so he must be constantly seeking a new audience. Since I already know how to make chicken soup, I don't need to have him yell the recipe at me another time. Creflo Dollar needs a new Gulfstream so his message is easily understood.

Cam,,,

From-early-on-in-this-thread...I-have-considered-you-a-"brother"-,(even-though-you-are-25-years-my-senior.

Same-goes-for-LSme,and-Shagdrum,-(and-others).--We-all-share-the--same-FAITH,,,but-express-it-in-a-slightly-different,-(but-common-BELIEVING),-way.

Yes...Billy-Graham-has-a-very-basic-recipie-for"chicken-soup".--It's-what-he-was-"called"-to-do.--Reach-a-particular-audience.--Billy's-successor...Greg-Laurie...has-a-slightly-more-savory-version.--Ravi-Zacharias...may-have-a-"full-flavored"-version...for-others.

Granted...there-may-be-only-so-many-ways-to-make-"chicken-soup"...but-the-basic-ingredients-are-the-same.

I-don't-go-out-of-my-way-to-"emulate"-TV-evangelists...but-if-I-hear-someone-speak-Biblical-Truth,,,then-I-will-share-it!!!

Don't-get-me-wrong.--I-have-heard-more-than-my-fair-share-of-"false-teachers",,,both-on-TV-and-in-local-churches.--But-I-have-learned-to-separate-the-truth-from-the-lies...by-understanding-what-the-Bible-says,-(IN-PROPER-CONTEXT-to-itself)...and-comparing-the-Bible-to-what-is-being-taught-by-an-individual.

There's-a-reason-I-left-a-church...after-being-part-of-that-"community"
-for-16-years.--That-particular-church-took-a-wrong-turn-Biblically...and-the-pastor-was-unwilling-to-hear-what-I-had-to-suggest.,,,--Not-to-mention-that-the-pastor-started-teaching-the-opposite-of-what-he-was-saying-previously...and-only-loosely-"half-quoting"-the-Bible-to-fit-what-he-was-saying.

Members online

Back