Evap canister and vent solenoid

It's mounted above the rear subframe. You have to take the subframe off to get to it. Both the canister and the vent valve are there. The purge valve is under the hood on the driver's side shock tower.

s6x~us~en~file=n0035023.gif

s6x~us~en~file=n0035023.gif

I wonder if i should change the purge valve first and see if that makes a difference. It doesnt weant to stay running when started

I wonder if i should change the purge valve first and see if that makes a difference. It doesnt weant to stay running when started

Why are you thinking this is a canister or vent valve problem? I think you may be diagnosing in the wrong area...

What specific five-character OBDII codes are you getting?

It's mounted above the rear subframe. You have to take the subframe off to get to it. Both the canister and the vent valve are there. The purge valve is under the hood on the driver's side shock tower.

View attachment 828469293

View attachment 828469293
Would a clogged canister be the cause to slow filling at the pump or could it be as simple as the purge valve?
BTW, thanks for the photos showing the canister. Been dealing with this problem for years and finially decided to fix it. Google has been no help.
Also, do you have a legend for the photos telling us what the parts are.

I think that's just a dust cap that is snapped on (but I really haven't looked into it).

No, that's a cover for a test port.
I thought he was talking about the part circled in red below. (He did say "top" and not the side.) Perhaps he can confirm...
purge_valve.gif

Yes 4, wasn't sure if it was supposed to move. Hadn't noticed before.

Oh, I'm driving the 2000 ls8. No top thingy... I spent all day trying to unclog my evap line. Quickly realized that the evap canister wasn't coming out unless I removed the entire back end. Shot air in the line leading from the valve and into the tank directly with no luck. She does fill faster but still under 1gal/min

Members online

No members online now.
Back