**** Solenoid Block-Transimission 5r55s

LQ1906

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So if I'm trying to find the solenoid block what part(s) do I need if I was going to order it myself??? I'm on Ford Parts Giants.com and I do see a Solenoid Assy Ford Part No.: XW4Z-7F293-AA....is this what I would need? It's only $68.69....I thought it was considerably more than this so i might have the wrong part. Went on Rock Auto and didn't see any OEM solenoid block although I see that they carry ATP....and it's out of stock as well.

The shift kit that Joegr previously mentioned I see on Rock Auto has two....one is a reporgramming kit for $139.79 and another just says TRANSMAXX 2742801 Brand: Transgo for $82.79.

Called Ford dealer service/parts and the guy was a arse and didn't want to give me any prices until he looked at the vehicle and so I just hung up

Any help here is greatly appreciated....

Thanks Joe

Was trying to decide if I should buy the parts myself or let a transmission shop get the parts. The one I was going to told me the part was remanufactured and I told him I was uncomfortable with that. He had a 1 yr warranty parts and labor though. I figure if I get the part then I could have just about any trans shop install the solenoid assembly.

I wouldn't get rebuilt on this. I would go for new, without a doubt. We are lucky that they actually used this part on more then just the LS, and they are still making it, and apparently still improving it. I'd get the new part number.

Walt's in Burbank put the transgo in mine back in april/may. Been working real good since.

Yea Joe

Without a doubt I want new Solenoid block for sure....he tried to persuade me saying that he's had no customers return with further solenoid problems but I told him I rather pay for the OEM new part if he won't buy it and show me proof and have him or someone else install it. That way I know its the part I ordered.

Hi everyone

I have a issue that recently started with my 2003 lincoln LS V6 car where in 5th gear it would slip in and out between 4th and 5th gear, seemed to be revving fairly high in 5th gear on the highway too, and then eventually there would be a shudder and on the instrument cluster D5 would change to E. if I shut the car off, this would reset. Also if I manually leave the shift lever in D4 it will run fine with no slipping and no E displayed on the cluster, although it revvs very high on the highway (4000RPM at 120-130 Km/hr)

Would this be a solenoid issue, or does it sound more serious like a worn out overdrive band or other internal transmission issue requiring a rebuild to fix?

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

Ron

hard shift into reverse, various rough shifts in the rest of the chain mostly 2 and 3.

Members online

No members online now.
Back