What did you do to your LS today?

or if it was like when I hit a coon, time for a new radiator and washer fluid bottle and pump.

Next time take aim with one of the wheels if possible. Sometimes I speed up just to make sure. Did you know Squirrels get confused as to which direction to flee. Seems like they just can't make up their minds. Often they are in the clear but head back to tempt faith some more. White bunnies are actually still white for a while when you first run over them. Black bear cubs often flee in the direction they came from. Foxes are smartest, they continue to hunt along the side of the road never loosing eye on their pray while you zip past them at 60+Mph, Deer are stupid and Moose are slow. Don't ever honk at a Moose to get out of your way, you'll regret that decision real quick.

Just arrived: RF Window regulator
Just picked up: Belt, Tentioner and a pulley.

Will have to wait until next Sunday/Monday to get installed.

04 LSE wants more parts then I was willing to throw at it.

Next time take aim with one of the wheels if possible. Sometimes I speed up just to make sure. Did you know Squirrels get confused as to which direction to flee. Seems like they just can't make up their minds. Often they are in the clear but head back to tempt faith some more. White bunnies are actually still white for a while when you first run over them. Black bear cubs often flee in the direction they came from. Foxes are smartest, they continue to hunt along the side of the road never loosing eye on their pray while you zip past them at 60+Mph, Deer are stupid and Moose are slow. Don't ever honk at a Moose to get out of your way, you'll regret that decision real quick.

Almost reads like a terrifying children's book

I have animal warning devices on all my vehicles except the latest LS. Only the Mustang's works under 30mph because it is electronic. It is also the best one to shoo squirrels away. They aren't running back and forth in front of the Mustang,they just leave in a hurry.
I'm gonna put that type on the o3 I just bought a few months ago. don-ohio :)^)

P.S. to Loud.............a large raccoon got my Eddie Bauer Aerostar radiator years ago.SHOULDA aimed at him like BR said.LOL!

When I'm running the roads during the week, I go through a pretty large wooden area of Canada for a couple of days, often during the evenings I get all sorts of critters attempting some road crossing, I often encourage them as in; "You can do it", "Keep going". "OK, Stay right there", "Oh don't go back now!" ... and other then the "You made it!" ... I throw in a few, "Splat!, should have kept going", "ahhh better luck next lifetime" or my favorite "I told you not to do it!" ... moral of the story is I don't swerve with a tractor trailer combination doing 105Kmh.

Now ... Black Beers, Wolf, Deer and Moose ... That's a different story, full brakes, stay straight, let off the brakes then aim behind them if possible. I've had a couple of real close encounters and let me tell you, the size of the butterflies in your stomach is too much, you have to pull over and calm yourself. You don't want to rock a vehicle of that size and weight at those speeds. She'll flip and take you down the ravines into the bushes real quick. Once you swerve, you'll never get control again.

Fun, fun fun.

Well, today I put my radiator hose back on my thermostat because it decided to pop off going 40mph on the freeway in traffic luckily. I had to pull over with barely any coolant and literally take apart and put back together my car.

That's what I did today. Now I can't get it from smoking and overheating even though the coolant has been refilled and air has been removed...somehow it keeps getting trapped back in there. Nothing exploded or imploded... ugh this car..

Ok I'm done.

... Did you know Squirrels get confused as to which direction to flee. Seems like they just can't make up their minds. Often they are in the clear but head back to tempt faith some more. .....

Driving the 5 just into The People's Republik from Oregon I see a squirrel head onto the freeway. It clears the left lane and as it starts into my (right) lane I veer left to go behind the varmint. It turns back to the left lane and I veer back to the right; again to go behind. As soon as start to pass the suicidal beast it turns back into me! As I pas I hear a thump and look in my driver's side mirror just in time to see this ball of fur spinning into the center divide (all grass) like a whirling dervish!! I have no idea if it survived or not, but the thump I heard was more of a squirrel hit the tire sound than a i ran over the squirrel sound.

Stupid rodent (is that redundant??)

Driving the 5 just into The People's Republik from Oregon I see a squirrel head onto the freeway. It clears the left lane and as it starts into my (right) lane I veer left to go behind the varmint. It turns back to the left lane and I veer back to the right; again to go behind. As soon as start to pass the suicidal beast it turns back into me! As I pas I hear a thump and look in my driver's side mirror just in time to see this ball of fur spinning into the center divide (all grass) like a whirling dervish!! I have no idea if it survived or not, but the thump I heard was more of a squirrel hit the tire sound than a i ran over the squirrel sound.

Stupid rodent (is that redundant??)

I never slow down or veer for a squirrel. Too much at stake if you were to loose control and/or hit something or someone else. Just plain run them over - Darwin principle at work. Now something like a dog, a deer or larger, well that is a different matter altogether.

I never slow down or veer for a squirrel. Too much at stake if you were to loose control and/or hit something or someone else. Just plain run them over - Darwin principle at work. Now something like a dog, a deer or larger, well that is a different matter altogether.

I was the only one on the road and my "veering" was nothing more than slight course corrections. I would NEVER jeopardize the safety of a human over an animal!

P.S. to Loud.............a large raccoon got my Eddie Bauer Aerostar radiator years ago.SHOULDA aimed at him like BR said.LOL!

I actually went for the complete miss option, but it back fired.

big guy came running out of the field on the left side of the road and came all the way over to the dead center of my lane, so I just went to drive around him in the other lane (empty road and not a hard swerve, but a gentle lane change) and right before I got to him, he decided he could no longer continue to live his life so he jumped back right in front of me. probably would have been able to drive it home with minimal bumper damage if the radiator end caps were not the same sh!tty brittle plastic that plagues the rest of the car!

Supposedly the headlights is what causes this weird reaction. Turning them off for a second, if you have time, should be enough to spur them to move.

Had a squirrel run out at me a few days ago. Little SOB ran across the road, had no time to even swerve. He ran under the car between the passenger side front and rear wheels, and before he could get all the way across I was over him. Never heard a thump, and he kept running so he was a lucky little nut muncher.

We're overly infested with squirrels,so I don't swerve for them. If they freeze,they usually die. The animal warning devices save a lot of them.don-ohio :)^)

Didn't do much............I'm usually a little draggy after those 3 days and 3 nights,12 hrs.each. I went out and warmed up her car for her,cleared the mist off the glass all around, and changed out the factory carpet mats in it for the Michelin mats in the old LS that hold dirt and water in pockets.
Checked the Degas bottle,no change,just right. Looked at the tires. It was ready to roll for her. don-ohio :)^)

Currently...

942544_10153496215563017_4325362815314370368_n.jpg

1157391_10153496216323017_4426155582934879255_n.jpg

Hoping they can either find and fix my coolant issue, or tell me what else is wrong.

I feel for you,KidL...............but at least NOW you know that fan system wasn't doing its job. don-ohio :)^)

Quote Originally Posted by joegr View Post
Or use these: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o07_s00

So I got a pair of these and will install this weekend. Hope it fixes. I saw the summit adjustable ones after I ordered these. They do encompass the length that my LS needs. I like the idea of micro-adjusting how the sway bar sits. May try those in future or even if these don't work, may try those before bushings, which look to be much harder to replace.

Put these end links on today. I'm sure the ones that came off were original. Went for a very short test drive and, well, there's still clunking but it is definitely reduced. I think I'm still going to need to replace stabilizer bar or bushings tho.

Last edited:
Put some Jag 'S' type shocks on and H & R springs, coz my Eibachs wouldn't fit.....

Base or Sport shocks? How dos it compare?

--------------

Opened the hood and found this after I KNOW I cleaned it off... I guess it's about that time

2016-03-17 13.33.46.jpg

2016-03-17 13.33.46.jpg

It's just those rotten plastic parts,Telco! Take my word for it! Pressure had NOTHING to do with that leak. don-ohio :)^)

Perhaps you should be a little less enthusiastic about cleaning the engine next time...

I saw it a few times over the last few months (I've barely driven it) but could never remember if I had dried it last time or not. But it was also just a little bit in the hex, not on the whole cap. I finally made sure I remembered drying it so now I KNOW it wasn't just a sloppy fill job. I guess I'll start making that parts list

What did you do to your LS today?

Sold it - for a few dollars more than I had invested in it. The new owner's father is a retired Lincoln mechanic and gave her the 'good to go'. I told the new owner that she is more than welcome to bring it back, after topping off the tank that was almost full, and I'll gladly take ownership again.

I'm searching for another......maybe even a well kept, low mileage V8.

View attachment 828475292

And now I replaced it - with a BMW. After all is said and done, it's like I traded in my LS and $800 in cash for a 2002 BMW 325Ci Convertible with 133k miles. I think that's a deal anyone here can agree was a good one.

2002_2.jpg

2002_2.jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back