What did you do to your LS today?

I was trying to stay out of this, but...

The DATC tells the PCM if it wants the AC clutch engaged or not.
The PCM decides to engage the AC clutch or not based on what the DATC wants, what the high side refrigerant pressure is, what the engine temperature is, what the engine RPM is, and so on.

^ = ON or OFF, beyond me why one would want to start wiring in override kill switching. Not needed is my opinion. OFF means OFF.

Did some more running around with the 04 LSE today, just can't seem to get the last two states to go into ready mode. EVAP and Catalyst remain not ready. No CEL, runs fine .... needs more driving I guess. <shrugs> Temp tag is expiring this week, will most likely have to go get and extension on the trip permit. OPEN WALLET some more.

For evap to complete, it requires driving with different levels of gasoline in the tank, and it may require the temperatures to be above a certain value.

Thanks Joe,

different levels of gasoline in the tank - CHECK
temperatures to be above a certain value - Oh oh! <-- It's bloody cold around these parts at the moment.

I'll drive it some more next week, wife said no to taking it to work everyday for the rest of the week. (temp permit expiring)

Ugh! Hard to get a WIN around here these days. Perhaps one LS too many and not enough free time.

Over the last couple of weeks, took delivery of two sets of Rear Toe Adjust linkages,
one set is OEM for the wife's 03 LS, other set is the non-passive steering JAG aftermarket sourced from the UK for my 04 LSE.

View attachment 828474978

Although a bitter cold and dirty job,
last night got the new OEM Upper Control Arms and Passive Steer Toe Adjust linkages in the 03 LS.

View attachment 828474979 View attachment 828474980

So what are the details on the non-passive steering JAG aftermarket sourced from the UK links?

Replies to both Joe and Telco:

Okay,Joe! I understand what you're saying, and if everyone here WANTS to let the car decide whenever the AC clutch kicks in,that's fine.But I don't and I won't. If I'm going up a steep hill and I want to kick the compressor out, but leave the heater set to defrost, I'll save the gas and kick the button back in when I see the first smidgeon of windscreen fog back up. don-ohio :)^)

I was trying to stay out of this, but...

The DATC tells the PCM if it wants the AC clutch engaged or not.
The PCM decides to engage the AC clutch or not based on what the DATC wants, what the high side refrigerant pressure is, what the engine temperature is, what the engine RPM is, and so on.

Telco wrote: `Problem with that is the user input to the DATC is not a direct control. Instead you tell it what you want it to do, then it decides if it will do it according to its programming.'

That's my point exactly......there are times I want to save the gas mileage(not to mention the unneeded taxing on engine and compressor) and the DATC or whatever STILL has the clutch kicked in with the light OUT.That won't happen if I make a physical switch into the wiring to interrupt the voltage. don-ohio :)^)

Drove the latest find,my 03, 400 miles. Perfect operation all the way. 25 mpgs so far. Killing me though to pay 50 to 80 cents more per gallon for 93 octane away from home.
I usually buy my gas at Jackson where the guy has only a dime difference between grades. don-ohio :)^)

So what are the details on the non-passive steering JAG aftermarket sourced from the UK links?

Want all my secrets do ya? :p

Here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/JAGUAR-S-TY...ash=item20ce731af0:g:voMAAOSwnDxUhvdU&vxp=mtr

and here: http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-XR825750P <-- $45.10 USD per unit.

Ended up getting them from Rimmer Bros as the price was a little cheaper and the first eBay guy after a few days was not interested in replying to my international shipping charges inquiry request.

A little bit for shipping and Canadian Duty collected at delivery by UPS. Rimmer Bros collected the VAT charges on check out. (or I think were included in the price)

BTW: The welds and boots are identical to the previously available black DEEZA links, I took notice of this by detailing the entire links in pics before ordering plus comparing to my DEEZA links in my 01. The welds are identical and in the same spots. To me the only thing different is one got black paint the other did not. Same DEEZA links, EURO market. I'd be willing to bet on.

EDIT - - -

To my surprise, from the UK, they were at my door just after a week. Not bad for "from-oversea's". Actually arrive to Canada before the Tasca OEM's did.

I took him to get aligned (lifetime 4-wheel alignment has paid for itself multiple times already), tires rotated and balanced, oil changed and fluids checked.
Then when picking up the LS I dropped off the Dakota to have all the same things done. I asked that they check a grinding noise in the rear, (I thought it would be the differential), turns out is is axle bearings and axles. OUCH! So I had to rent a car and let the other half drive the LS this week. So I'm in a '15 Charger. I had originally reserved a Fusion but they didn't have any available. So I got the Charger for free upgrade since they only had that and a corolla on the lot. This thing is ridiculously huge compared to the LS. I love the styling on the outside and inside. But my gawd it drives like it has marshmallows for the suspension. I like the car and all the options but it doesn't feel right. It only has 28K miles on it and less than a year old. So is this really how they drive or did I just get one that has most likely been abused? YUCK!

....So I'm in a '15 Charger. I had originally reserved a Fusion but they didn't have any available. So I got the Charger for free upgrade since they only had that and a corolla on the lot. This thing is ridiculously huge compared to the LS. I love the styling on the outside and inside. But my gawd it drives like it has marshmallows for the suspension. I like the car and all the options but it doesn't feel right. It only has 28K miles on it and less than a year old. So is this really how they drive or did I just get one that has most likely been abused? YUCK!

First off it's a base, rental fleet model. I had one late last summer while my wife's LS was being repaired. I HATED the recycled plastic "cloth" seats and like your experience, it was very large and drove like it! Felt like my granddad's Buick! The ergonomics also left a lot to be desired! I was initially thinking it would make my short list as, like you, the styling is very appealing! After a few days driving it it just left me wanting.

Shifter swap!

IMG-20160121-WA0005[1].jpg

Members online

No members online now.
Back