Lowered LSes Heights & Equipement Used

Ah yeah good deal it's like magic! Thanks so much for the help there LSFrank, now I can keep moving forward. I swear I read and look through this forum at least once a day. I know you guys have a lot of info here in fact tons.....I try to find it before asking for help. I believe the one inch drop will work for me fine with that setup.

I know you guys have a lot of info here in fact tons.....I try to find it before asking for help. I believe the one inch drop will work for me fine with that setup.

Just google whatever you are looking for and add lincolnvscaddilac to the search. You don't even really need the site: part. And the Eibach is a 1.5 and 1.75" drop front/back

Just google whatever you are looking for and add lincolnvscaddilac to the search. You don't even really need the site: part. And the Eibach is a 1.5 and 1.75" drop front/back

That does help me. Now there is a brand new door open for me. Becoming more LVC savvy! That is the amount of drop for the stance I am looking to achieve, these cars handle very well already. I am running 215.60.16 now on stock rims. I don't favor the look of the wheels myself. As always thanks....

You should try a Sport... lol

Bigger rims, wider tires, smaller sidewall, stiffer shocks, and thicker sway bars.

And less chrome

Do you mean buy one.... or convert mine or just drive one? I really want a solid road carver out of this LS. Now I wanna try a sport out!!

Logically? Buy one. Springs are the same, but Sport shocks are hard to find (rears might be gone) and swaybars are 100% suck to replace. Stance coilovers would probably be your best bet for shocks/springs. I'd go with 18" aftermarket wheels in the long run, so sport 17s aren't a big deal. Sport also gives you SelectShift, which you can "install" just by replacing the shifter assembly

Did the Jag S-Type H&R springs and the appropriate Jag S-type Bilsteins. Some before and afters.

Right Front, before...
YE7GlB.jpg

and after.
YjrOab.jpg

Left side, before...
VIC7Mh.jpg

and after.
DLpffK.jpg

And just another angle before...
l1CKxO.jpg

and after.
SJeXSE.jpg

It surprises me how mellow it still is. There are no issues, no rub (no passengers have sat in the back yet though) and no regrets. Just watch those curbs when parking straight in as it will hit ALL of them now.

Logically? Buy one. Springs are the same, but Sport shocks are hard to find (rears might be gone) and swaybars are 100% suck to replace. Stance coilovers would probably be your best bet for shocks/springs. I'd go with 18" aftermarket wheels in the long run, so sport 17s aren't a big deal. Sport also gives you SelectShift, which you can "install" just by replacing the shifter assembly

I see what your saying, just went through CL and found a decent sport for $3500. I have "quite" a bit more in this LS now. I dig the Stance click tune, I do like the taller wider wheel/tires for sure. The SelectShift is the slapstick up/down only gate to right....correct? Think I am gonna regroup on this 2000, do the chains/tension, tires and Eibach springs and drive this car. Who knows what might happen after winter I have 3 Harley custom builds taken up my stalls in my shop right now. That gives me more time to study as well. Happy Thanksgiving.

I found this LS..... non sport? A V8 with a manual? I understood V6 were the manual cars.
http://memphis.craigslist.org/cto/5311058422.html

I found this LS..... non sport? A V8 with a manual? I understood V6 were the manual cars.

like most of the idiots on CL, he doesn't have a clue what options that car has...

he even list the HP for both motors. if it is a manual, then it is a v6.

edit: you can clearly see in the second picture, that it does NOT have the manual shifter.

I also dont think that those two pictures are the same car...

the 1st picture really looks like a 2nd gen with two tone tail lights, no chrome around windows, Keyless entry pad, and painted side skirts, really looks like a 06 on the outside, then has no chrome bumpers but wood grain on the inside... yes while all those things could be changed, my money is on that person having a POS LS thats all beat up and he just grabbed some pictures of the interwebz.

Think I am gonna regroup on this 2000, do the chains/tension, tires and Eibach springs and drive this car.

If you keep the old parts and do the work yourself (sounds like you will if you're building Harleys), then many of those mods can be undone and reinstalled on your new Sport, if you choose to do so. Some Jaguar springs/shocks are also a possibility.

That craigslist post... so good...

like most of the idiots on CL, he doesn't have a clue what options that car has...

he even list the HP for both motors. if it is a manual, then it is a v6.

edit: you can clearly see in the second picture, that it does NOT have the manual shifter.

4wd, too, for Memphis winters. 220-252hp, depending on octane, dude. SST=manual, duh.

I also dont think that those two pictures are the same car...

the 1st picture really looks like a 2nd gen with two tone tail lights, no chrome around windows, Keyless entry pad, and painted side skirts, really looks like a 06 on the outside, then has no chrome bumpers but wood grain on the inside... yes while all those things could be changed, my money is on that person having a POS LS thats all beat up and he just grabbed some pictures of the interwebz.

Exhaust out the back, no bumper markers, visible yellow in the headlight. Yes, it's very, very probable it's two different cars. I would bet that the seller is preying on dumb/unobservant customers. Probably has stock nonsport 16"s and 130,000 miles, not 13,000. An inquisitive person would probably have all these questions answered with "nah bro that's an old picture I changed all that cuz I got a good deal on the parts" and "sh!t my bro said it was 4wd/manual I just drive it in auto all the time"

There are also these weird new people who think automatics are only CVTs and anything with gear changing is a manual

Ok good I am learning some here, I didn't think the azz hat was correct on that CL listing.

Just like you said LSFrank I do save my parts, I have bought a basket case and built a bike to flip just from the take off parts. I am leaning towards doing these few mods make a solid LS out of this 2000 and looking for the right LS Sport in the mean time. Take my time and find the right one.

I am so glad I found this site, You guys are some Lincoln Motor Heads!

I'm dropped about 1.4" from stock height. Equipment? Blown shocks :steering

I'm dropped about 1.4" from stock height. Equipment? Blown shocks :steering

I feel like I have blown something in the front end of this car. The front end now feels like a 57 Chevy with no shocks, floating like a boat. Will see soon as it goes up on jack stands. Something took a dump in the front end suspension. :headbang: turn up the music and hand me a wrench or would that be a hammer!

D2 Coilovers 25” squared when I took this picture. Raised the rear to 25.5” so I don’t scrape going over speed bumps. 245/40/18 Indy 500 tires

691D20E8-7955-420C-9B33-D97B4B2FC595.jpeg

Members online

No members online now.
Back