Waiting Room

this bad boy.

80-11262433_10207020722339460_377131673795644326_n_a702df7f1d91d234bc76f48487fedfcc332dfb98.jpg

Does anyone else have someone at IP address 77.247.181.163 trying to guess your password and login as you?...

Member "Short Circuit" (who only posts on the Facebook page and barely uses LvC) posted that she's also been notified. Not sure about the IP, but it doesn't really matter

yes, lots of hits from people trying to brute force passwords.
many from the mark viii side have also reported emails.

recently, i have also had two attempts on my steam account. from russia it seems.

two words...

alphanumeric and random

stay away from common words that anybody can guess!

two words...

alphanumeric and random

no one is really guessing passwords these days, other than amateurs. Typically they have a cross script keylogger that just waits for you to do it then they have it. Doesn't matter if its 100 letters and symbols

It's official - the Continental is DOA.

http://wot.motortrend.com/1507_official_lincoln_continental_to_be_built_at_flat_rock_plant.html

It's going to be a stretch Fusion, which means it will be a V6 and either front wheel drive or FWD based AWD. Lincoln shoots, and hits the goal post with a rebound upside the head.

"While Ford has been quiet on many of the Continental’s technical details, the new Lincoln flagship is expected to be based on modified Ford Fusion underpinnings. The Continental concept’s dash-to-axle ratio suggests the car will feature a transverse engine placement and likely be front- or all-wheel-drive. Ford did say, however, that the Lincoln Continental will be powered by a new and exclusive 3.0-liter EcoBoost V-6, though no power figures were released."

http://wot.motortrend.com/1507_official_lincoln_continental_to_be_built_at_flat_rock_plant.html

It's going to be a stretch Fusion, which means it will be a V6 and either front wheel drive or FWD based AWD. Lincoln shoots, and hits the goal post with a rebound upside the head.

"While Ford has been quiet on many of the Continental’s technical details, the new Lincoln flagship is expected to be based on modified Ford Fusion underpinnings. The Continental concept’s dash-to-axle ratio suggests the car will feature a transverse engine placement and likely be front- or all-wheel-drive. Ford did say, however, that the Lincoln Continental will be powered by a new and exclusive 3.0-liter EcoBoost V-6, though no power figures were released."
Great!

I thought we were getting Bruce but instead they're gonna give us Caitlyn.

two words...

alphanumeric and random

Two words: No, length.

Making your password an alphanumeric/symbolic enigma, such as FdR19!9 just makes it harder for a human to guess and harder for you to remember. A program setup up to "count up" in letters/symbols will just eventually get to your password within approximately 7^94 (or 2.7 x 10^79) guesses, going from aaaaaaa to aaaaaab to aaaaaac... AAAAAAA to AAAAAb... and so on. 7 digits, ~94 possible characters (upper case, lower, numbers, normal symbols).

Meanwhile, "turtledisneytrombone" has 20 characters. You know it's all lowercase letters, but the "hacker" does not. That's 20^94, or 2 x 10^122. That's 10^43 times better. 10,000,000,000,000,000........................000,000,000,000 times better.

And all you have to do is make a sentence using 3 unrelated words to remember it. Capitalize a word and add a number if it makes you feel better, but long simple strings are better than short complex strings.

thanks frank ! i now have my next network password !

I like the passwords 0000,1234, hunter1, correcthorsebatterystaple, and password. Honestly, "password" is pretty secure...

But yeah, I can't stand password rules.

1. Must be 6 characters or longer
2. Must contain at least 1 uppercase and one lower case
3. must contain at least one number
4. Must contain one special symbol form this approved list of special symbols
5. Must not contain dictionary words
6. Must not include your birth year
7. Must not include your initials

I remember seeing a recent (last 12 months, maybe, don't remember the company) where hackers got ahold of the database of encrypted passwords. Advanced algorithms (not just a decoder ring) morphed the passwords into strings of characters of the same length, meaning a brute force method will go after those shorter passwords first.

that's a silly train of though. nothing about the Continental points toward a performance based sedan... instead everything seems to point toward a premium and comfortable car. hell it really looks like the real owner wont even be the one driving with such a roomy back seat. and well at that point, if you want a real performer, then just look elsewhere... definitely retarded to call it Dead On Arrival since most of the top selling cars out there have that kind of drive train... ford doesn't seem to have much problem selling fusions, focuses, and fiestas... I'm sure the huge majority of its target demographic isnt going to let that be the deciding factor.

hell even most of the cars your beloved Government Motors has made for a long time have been FWD... DTS, XTS, Grand Prix, Bonneville... even a lot of the "performance" models... GTP, GXP, Impala SS, Monte Carlo SS

China (NOT the U.S.) is the target market where it should sell well......

So two hackers remotely hacked a Jeep through it's UConnect system, cranked the radio, turned on the wipers, and put the transmission in nuetral while the car was on the highway...

http://www.wired.com/2015/07/hackers-remotely-kill-jeep-highway/

Granted, this was an experiment, not a malicious attack (this time) but apparently they have also access to the engine, brakes, and steering (though only in reverse for now). All from a laptop, miles away.

I think I'll stick with my cable-driven throttle...

So two hackers remotely hacked a Jeep through it's UConnect system, cranked the radio, turned on the wipers, and put the transmission in nuetral while the car was on the highway...

http://www.wired.com/2015/07/hackers-remotely-kill-jeep-highway/

Granted, this was an experiment, not a malicious attack (this time) but apparently they have also access to the engine, brakes, and steering (though only in reverse for now). All from a laptop, miles away.

I think I'll stick with my cable-driven throttle...

Gives a whole new meaning to the self driving car.......

that's a silly train of though. nothing about the Continental points toward a performance based sedan... instead everything seems to point toward a premium and comfortable car. hell it really looks like the real owner wont even be the one driving with such a roomy back seat. and well at that point, if you want a real performer, then just look elsewhere... definitely retarded to call it Dead On Arrival since most of the top selling cars out there have that kind of drive train... ford doesn't seem to have much problem selling fusions, focuses, and fiestas... I'm sure the huge majority of its target demographic isnt going to let that be the deciding factor.

2850894-4827934491-fanbo.jpg

hell even most of the cars your beloved Government Motors has made for a long time have been FWD... DTS, XTS, Grand Prix, Bonneville... even a lot of the "performance" models... GTP, GXP, Impala SS, Monte Carlo SS

And when they went to FWD they dropped off my list of cars I would buy. Front wheel drive cars drive like crap. They have always driven like crap, and they always will drive like crap.

Members online

No members online now.
Back