98 mark viii

hrod

New LVC Member
Reaction score
hello all im new here...i have a few questions...im looking to get a few more ponies on my 98..im not looking for gobs of power...just looking for 50 to 60 more ponies...my engine is bone stock with 98k..i bought the car for a dailey work driver...but just looking for a little bit more performance...any help wpuld be appreciated
thanks

Welcome to LvC!

Check out our Mark VIII Performance thread. Lots of good information there.

Post some pics of your car!

hello all im new here...i have a few questions...im looking to get a few more ponies on my 98..im not looking for gobs of power...just looking for 50 to 60 more ponies...my engine is bone stock with 98k..i bought the car for a dailey work driver...but just looking for a little bit more performance...any help wpuld be appreciated
thanks

Some 4.10 gears in the back would make it feel like it has that much more HP. One piece driveshaft is a must though.

..im not looking for gobs of power...just looking for 50 to 60 more ponies...

That's asking for a lot! :eek:

Start with all the basic maintenance items - you cannot mask performance issues with performance mods.

'96-'98 Cobra intake, '03-'04 exhaust manifolds or Kooks headers, full dual exhaust with free flowing mufflers, Meziere water pump, colder spark plugs, colder t-stat and a dynotune will net you more HP.

Steeper gears with traction lock and a high stall converter will make the car feel lighter. Requisite supporting mods would include a steering shaft mod to accommodate the exhaust manifolds, a performance driveshaft, HD transmission cooler, J-mod; possibly suspension bushings and bracing, Addco sway bar(s) and stiffer shocks for handling.

It may not be 50-60 more HP but it will sure feel like it. ;)

Welcome aboard.

I definitely agree with John. Make sure she's 100% tip top before proceeding. Then start off with Cobra intake swap, exhaust, Lightning MAF, cold air intake, etc... to get you plenty more power. Maybe not a full 90 but you will feel a HUGE difference.

Members online

Back