What did you do to your Mark VIII today?

Lets see...

I removed the rear seat side panels to quit down the speaker grills, check xovers, tighten the components if needed and most importantly try to lube up the seatbelt mechanisms to get the belts moving smoother/quicker.

Used thin black foam tape around the diameter of the grill in between the front cover>back cover. No more rattlin'.

As for the seatbelts, it's too early to tell.. Took them apart and lubed all the moving parts. I made sure not to mess with the spring section... Don't mess with the spring section if you ever dig into it. It's the smaller of the two side covers. Anyways, early tests show positive results but i'm going to allow some time before I call it a success.

Tomorrow is a 100% top to bottom cleaning.

i checked out the drive shaft/ diff up & down for play and it was pretty solid. i didnt have much time to look at it while it was a the shop today getting the tips of my old 98 mark i kept installed. also got it tinted 32%

1c4664c4-b777-4b28-bf97-099fd09e85fa_zps6eabdc51.jpg

IMG_20140411_194758662_HDR_zpsmz7ackdy.jpg

I've never known black things to be good at working, if ya know what I mean.

*wink*wink*
now that's one of the stewpidest most racist things I've ever heard WINK WINK?...oh yeah, wait ...you're in Wisconsin right?where the government owns your car and you don't allow black people there?

now that's one of the stewpidest most racist things I've ever heard WINK WINK?...oh yeah, wait ...you're in Wisconsin right?where the government owns your car and you don't allow black people there?

:joke

What about black folks not being welcome where?

GeorgiaFlag1956.gif

this was yesterday i forgot to post it. i plasti-dipped this side but i didnt like the way it turned out so i peeled it.

IMG_20140411_181205773_zpsqpnpqxra.jpg

this was yesterday i forgot to post it. i plasti-dipped this side but i didnt like the way it turned out so i peeled it.

IMG_20140411_181205773_zpsqpnpqxra.jpg

I've wanted somebody to plasti-dip their Mark for the longest time! I approve, looks great.

I've wanted somebody to plasti-dip their Mark for the longest time! I approve, looks great.

thanks ! i liked the matte finish but it wasnt even, i just used a can. i may buy a sprayer and do the whole car. im undecided on that or just repainting it.

Thanks man!

My rotors are pretty rusted out looking (as you can see from the front rim). Need to replace those eventually. Got a bunch of suspension work to do first. Found the rear upper control arm bushings are completely shot (the inner most one...I think that's the arm to frame bushing?) and if I hit a bump my car goes crazy. Could move it by hand when I checked it today.

Just ordered the rear shocks, front and rear sway bar end links and once I get confirmation from someone on exactly what bushings those are I need for the control arm I'll order those too and get that all fixed up.

Members online

Back