What did you do to your LS today?

Replaced my grill today. Does anyone want one with the chrome bubbling?

I also thought about taking the sandbags out of my trunk. Maybe tomorrow.

Put some new halogen bulbs in. They are GE NightHawk Sport's, seem like a nice bright white in the day light, will test tonight. Have some 8000k Fogs coming in tomorrow and will put those in. Ordered new 2nd gen passenger headlight housing since I backed into my dad's passenger headlight a while back and ordered and 2nd gen grille and will color match it.

Strange, I've not had any problems getting around in my LS here in Tulsa. We've had as much as 6 inches out there at times. I just follow what I call the Rule of Three when it's icy and snowy out. I increase my spacing, stop times, speed, ect by a factor of three and leave early enough to make up for it. Pisses off people behind me, but screw 'em. I'm not wrecking my car so they can go the same speed on an icy road that they would on a summer day. So far no problems taking off, stopping and no weather-related accidents because even though they're tailgating they also get that time to stop slowly.

Incidentally, I have some sort of Kumho tire on the car.

The halogen bulbs were Nighthawk Sport, there was one step ahead of them called Nighthawk platinum. Wish I would of got those instead. I can definitely tell these bulbs are a lot whiter and a more clean light. There are a little brighter than the original but not what I was hoping.

Ordered a refurbished JVC head unit from Crutchfield today (KW-NT500, similar to newer 510, already gone from website). It was a killer deal at only $440 for GPS/DVD/HD radio. Ordered camera, faceplate (Crutchfield includes black one only and mine is the newer silver) and steering wheel controls adapter from Amazon (same as joe ordered on his stereo thread). Also ordered this trunk organizer that I've been wanting http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000E81VN8/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1. Can you tell my tax return was deposited today?

Car sat in carport all day as there is snow and ice everywhere in Atlanta today. Snow and ice mixture is falling right now. I was off work yesterday and will be tomorrow as well.

re glossing the rims

1392319072546.jpg

Rear brakes and fuel filter installed by mechanic. I think some of these noises I hear are just going to have to be ignored. Slight brake squeaks, cabin drone, faint weird sound under hood at stop. I'm getting the new head unit installed next week and may just turn up the volume as some have suggested. I can't keep replacing parts and not have sounds disappear. It's time to relax and enjoy this nice ride for a while. Thing is, if it was someone else's car, I would tell them to ignore it until it gets louder and there are better symptoms to diagnose.

Started removing some of the "faux" aftermarket "hardwood" stickers. The ones on my vent areas were beginning to peel and looked pretty junky.

uploadfromtaptalk1392429003141.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1392429016935.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1392429028555.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1392429003141.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1392429016935.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1392429028555.jpg

Car sat in carport all day as there is snow and ice everywhere in Atlanta today. Snow and ice mixture is falling right now. I was off work yesterday and will be tomorrow as well.

Not to worry, in Tulsa it's going to be 61 degrees tomorrow and be in the 60s all next week, and you guys get our weather a day or two later when we Okies are done with it. :D With this nice weather I'm going to install the hub assembly I got in that's what I actually ordered, and will put it on the worst side. With any luck, I only have one bad one.

Well, wash the car today, then went to O'reiley's to use there scan tool and pulled a P0430 man o man guess I better get it to Ford/Lincoln for a real scan to try and narrow it down.

Well, wash the car today, then went to O'reiley's to use there scan tool and pulled a P0430 man o man guess I better get it to Ford/Lincoln for a real scan to try and narrow it down.

How about this?

Oh..... It was about 80º today :N :N

We got about 18 inches of snow over the last few days so I've been busy shoveling and trying to keep the car clean. Lots of fun :(

IMAG0447.jpg

Replaced the passenger front hub. This was the main problem, the car is now much smoother and quieter. I'm probably going to go ahead with the driver side hub as well (will buy one from someone else though). Both hubs on the car were that crap like the one Rock Auto sent that was in a Moog box, but not a Moog hub. And, I'm still picking up a bit of grind. On the plus side, the whole job from opening the garage door to stepping into the shower after putting my tools away took about 45 minutes. The only hard part of the job was wondering why Lincoln did such a good job on designing the front hub setup for simple replacement, then stuck the ABS sensor plug back behind the wheel well liner. Why couldn't they install it against the A arm like every other car I've worked on does? It's not like the plug isn't weatherproof. If nothing else, just putting the plug about 3 inches forward would have put it where you wouldn't need to remove the liner.

Oh well...

Oh, also washed the car. Went to an automatic washer to get the undercarriage spray. Looks better, but really needs a hand wash and wax.

Oh..... It was about 80º today :N :N

It was actually very nice, was rolling around in shorts and t-shirt today commenting how crazy it was this time of year (grew up in Idaho). Gotta love the SD weather, although seeing the "severe drought" warnings on the I-8 electronic display boards is a little unsettling....

It was actually very nice, was rolling around in shorts and t-shirt today commenting how crazy it was this time of year (grew up in Idaho). Gotta love the SD weather, although seeing the "severe drought" warnings on the I-8 electronic display boards is a little unsettling....

We do live in a desert after all.... And were it not for that stupid bait-fish that Federal judge is protecting we would have much, much more available water!!!

Members online

Back